The Falkirk FC Thread

Good meeting tonight though a bit of a nonsense that no one had thought to set up a microphone.
Was less than keen on McGlynn getting the job but he came across very well tonight as did Smith.
The boy asking about positioning at corners though…
Don't tell me he still insists on 11 players in the 6 yard box. That was my no1 pet hate the last 3 years.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Checking fixtures, in advance, for one thing! 😆

I suppose that information is only on the official site 😶😶

The above should be fixed by now but I don't think I've ever used it for checking fixtures, same applies to various games in Europe I've been at

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Falkirk is a destination and we've got domestic and international visitors who might not know where else to get that info

Approximately how many people do you imagine are planning to travel from overseas to watch this clash of the titans from Scottish League 1?

Edited by Shotgun

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not a bad result considering one poster on here said you would see better players on a Saturday morning down Dawson Park. 

That was me and based on what I saw last season I stand by that comment at the time.

Camelon U20s are God awful even at their own level.

I'm sure the youth teams are improving but hammering inferior opposition isn't something major to shout about.

Scott Honeyman was one of those players you would have seen at Dawson Park (or in his particular case Gairdoch Park playing in a very good Gairdoch team. The keeper of which we then signed from Rangers on an emergency loan only a matter of months ago).  That is why it is vitally important to build solid relationships with well established boys clubs in the local area.

Edited by latapythelegend

19 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Fantastic. You've taken me to Google! 

7 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Easy as that! Thats what a normal punter would do. Even the SPFL website

Now I want to buy a ticket. Show me where I find that directly or quickly and easily from any of those fixtures or on the SPFL site please.

Let's agree to disagree that impending  improvements are necessary.

Edited by Blame Me

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

That was me and based on what I saw last season I stand by that comment at the time.

Camelon U20s are God awful even at their own level.

I'm sure the youth teams are improving but hammering inferior opposition isn't something major to shout about.

Scott Honeyman was one of those players you would have seen at Dawson Park (or in his particular case Gairdoch Park playing in a very good Gairdoch team. The keeper of which we then signed from Ragers on an emergency loan only a matter of months ago).  That is why it is vitally important to build solid relationships with well established boys clubs in the local area.

Fair play for the admission; I couldn’t remember who it was.

I don’t know anything about local youth football other than watching the kids that Falkirk sign, but some of the stuff I saw under IF last season was superb. Pearse Carroll was always the pick of the bunch but there were others that weren’t far behind him.

I’m obviously just a fan and not a coach or an expert, but I reckon Scott Honeyman has a chance.  

Yeah, I think it all points to simply shutting the website down for anything other than ticket sales.

It offers little or nothing in terms of results, playing squad and so forth, so just shut it all down other than for ticketing and club statements.

Just put all the charity partnerships and so forth on social media, and make that the go to place for news and gossip. Lead the charge to a brave new post website world.

Far better not to have a website at all rather than the one we have now.

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just in case anyone is interested in the kids, it was advertised earlier that our U18s were playing Camelon U20s tonight. 

Falkirk 12 Camelon 0. 

Hat-trick from Scott Honeyman and doubles from Aaron Ramage, Louis Johnston, Kaine McFarlane, trialist and then a single from Liam Hall. 

Not a bad result considering one poster on here said you would see better players on a Saturday morning down Dawson Park. 

And before another poster (or two) complain about it not being on the official site, the two part-time media officers aren't paid to cover youth games and never have been. If a report goes up it's submitted by the coach and they publish it.  

Was Carroll the 6 or the 8 last night? Both completely controlled the game.

13 minutes ago, Elvis Baptie said:

Carrol was 6. Shay Burke was 8. Both 16 years old

This is what i want from a Falkirk team. Young players on the periphery waiting to break through. Waiting to see if they will be a Stephen Kingsley or if they reach to the Scott Sheppard abilities. It always gave a different feel to games. Jobbers dont have the commitment 

10 hours ago, some_guy said:

It’s actually not even as complex as searching for fixtures specifically. If you just google search ‘Falkirk’ it links you straight to Falkirk FC and the fixtures pop up within a second.

We’re certainly not missing out on ticket income from international visitors because the website isn’t updated, put it that way.

11 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Cost saving identified then. Close it and redirect everyone to a P&B thread.

If it is that bad and you know what needs to be done to fix it why don’t you volunteer to do it?