The Falkirk FC Thread

@Braes_Bairn was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber, who responded,

- “Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty and full of Italians. You’re crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?”

- “We’re flying British Airways,” was the reply. “We got a great rate!”

- “British Airways!” exclaimed the barber. “That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they’re always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?”

- “We’ll be at the downtown International Marriott.”

- “That dump! That’s the worst hotel in Rome. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they’re overpriced. So, what are you doing when you get there?”

- "We’re going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

- "That’s rich,” laughed the barber. “You and a million other people trying to see him. He’ll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it!”

A month later, @Braes_Bairn came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

- “It was wonderful,” explained the man. “Not only were we on time in one of BA’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful young stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel! Well, it was great! They’d just finished a £25 million remodeling job and now it’s the finest hotel in the city. They were overbooked too, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!”

- “Well,” muttered the barber. “I know you didn’t get to see the Pope.”

- “Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked in. As I knelt down he spoke to me.”

- “What did he say?”

- “He said,

Spoiler

Have Falkirk posted the fixtures on their bloody website yet?

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Makes you wonder what was bubbling away in the background not only with McKay but other players who have improved. Its obvious it has been an unhappy dressing room for a while.

Credit to the management team for giving them a fresh start.

Answered the top part in the bold and not having a novice or soccer manager both out their depth to manage us.

I personally think players went through the motions when a Sheerin team selections and formation made them scratch their head/don't care/down tools and Rennie 5 different formations in two games and zero game plan did the same.

McGlynn obviously has his ideas each game how players should attack and defend and isn't afraid to kick ass when it's not to his standard, tho it seems to be so far as a collective of the team not individuals, well in interview.

I still don't think Williamson, Wilson, Nesbitt or Hetherington will be good enough for starting week in week out and that will handicap McGlynn. The best performers so far have been new signings

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It was good last night when McGlynn mentioned that against Clyde we would be changing to a diamond midfield 👀

Wasn't it a 2-4-4 he was going to play? To counteract the fact we don't have any centre backs.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are there tickets still left for Bonnyrigg away? The website isn’t clear

50 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It better not effect our performance against Clyde. Perfection starts from the backroom after all

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

39 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

@Braes_Bairn was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.

He mentioned the trip to the barber, who responded,

- “Why would anyone want to go there? It’s crowded and dirty and full of Italians. You’re crazy to go to Rome. So, how are you getting there?”

- “We’re flying British Airways,” was the reply. “We got a great rate!”

- “British Airways!” exclaimed the barber. “That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly and they’re always late. So, where are you staying in Rome?”

- “We’ll be at the downtown International Marriott.”

- “That dump! That’s the worst hotel in Rome. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they’re overpriced. So, what are you doing when you get there?”

- "We’re going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."

- "That’s rich,” laughed the barber. “You and a million other people trying to see him. He’ll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You’re going to need it!”

A month later, @Braes_Bairn came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Rome.

- “It was wonderful,” explained the man. “Not only were we on time in one of BA’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a beautiful young stewardess who waited on me hand and foot. And the hotel! Well, it was great! They’d just finished a £25 million remodeling job and now it’s the finest hotel in the city. They were overbooked too, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!”

- “Well,” muttered the barber. “I know you didn’t get to see the Pope.”

- “Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked in. As I knelt down he spoke to me.”

- “What did he say?”

- “He said,

Hide contents

Have Falkirk posted the fixtures on their bloody website yet?

AB451C1C-AD19-48D6-9C33-897B8A20A572.gif

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

still don't think Williamson, Wilson, Nesbitt or Hetherington will be good enough for starting week in week out and that will handicap McGlynn. The best performers so far have been new signings

That's why I don't think we'll do any better than the playoffs. You can add McGuffie and Morrison to the aforementioned. It's not set in stone that some won't be out the door on loan before the league season starts but with each day that goes by I think it's more likely to be one or two of the younger ones.

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't it a 2-4-4 he was going to play? To counteract the fact we don't have any centre backs.

All of our centre backs are injured so Mackie will need to hold the fort. We’ve only really got Oliver that could reasonably be described as a striker too so I reckon it’ll be a 1-8-1

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No it’s just boring 

Finances usually are. That's really what our gripes boil down to.

While some post about how the existing budget *could* be spent some of us want to discuss how to maximise it without the need for on-pitch performances to hold up. Each to their own.

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Finances usually are. That's really what our gripes boil down to.

While some post about how the existing budget *could* be spent some of us want to discuss how to maximise it without the need for on-pitch performances to hold up. Each to their own.

People need to get it into their skull that on pitch performances drive income. It is the core business. People come to games, they buy merchandise, the go to hospitality and business want to associate themselves with a successful organisation. The rest is fluff. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Griffiths perhaps, id have kept Hamilton if he's the "better" striker.

Martindale has told him there's no deal on the table, I hope anyway that's true and he sticks to his word

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

People need to get it into their skull that on pitch performances drive income. It is the core business.

At last, we agree! 🤗

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

People come to games, they buy merchandise, the go to hospitality and business want to associate themselves with a successful organisation. The rest is fluff. 

It's the facilitation of all that that some of us are suggesting could be improved to take advantage of the on-field successes - the fluff.

I could rhyme off countless examples of why it's frustrating for some but some of the reasons behind it don't always wash.

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Correct. No disrespect to those fighting for clerical clarity but it is just a minor blip to most people but i know OCD casts a long arm

The fixtures bit should be fixed and is a very quick fix but I can't say I use the official site for fixtures or much else.

Perhaps official statements but they are usually linked via here or social media in that you don't even have to visit them on the official site.

As per always, on the park is my concern that would make me write various posts about, not the official website.

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale has told him there's no deal on the table, I hope anyway that's true and he sticks to his word

Tbh it would be hilarious but can't see Martindale being that stupid 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

That's why I don't think we'll do any better than the playoffs. You can add McGuffie and Morrison to the aforementioned. It's not set in stone that some won't be out the door on loan before the league season starts but with each day that goes by I think it's more likely to be one or two of the younger ones.

I think you'll get decent work rate and flexibility position wise from McGuffie and you will get great 90/60/45 mins from Morrison now and again that will win a match. 

We still need more creativity tho

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

The fixtures bit should be fixed and is a very quick fix but I can't say I use the official site for fixtures or much else.

Perhaps official statements but they are usually linked via here or social media in that you don't even have to visit them on the official site.

As per always, on the park is my concern that would make me write various posts about, not the official website.

To be honest it's not you and core fans the site should be aimed at - Falkirk is a destination and we've got domestic and international visitors who might not know where else to get that info - P&B won't even register to them!

Google, I hope, is going to present the club site as the top hit and maybe they check fixtures. They're going to go straight there and be presented with ... now't. 

Opportunity missed.

That's just one scenario.

Just in case anyone is interested in the kids, it was advertised earlier that our U18s were playing Camelon U20s tonight. 

Falkirk 12 Camelon 0. 

Hat-trick from Scott Honeyman and doubles from Aaron Ramage, Louis Johnston, Kaine McFarlane, trialist and then a single from Liam Hall. 

Not a bad result considering one poster on here said you would see better players on a Saturday morning down Dawson Park. 

And before another poster (or two) complain about it not being on the official site, the two part-time media officers aren't paid to cover youth games and never have been. If a report goes up it's submitted by the coach and they publish it.  

7 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

To be honest it's not you and core fans the site should be aimed at - Falkirk is a destination and we've got domestic and international visitors who might not know where else to get that info - P&B won't even register to them!

Google, I hope, is going to present the club site as the top hit and maybe they check fixtures. They're going to go straight there and be presented with ... now't. 

Opportunity missed.

Who under the age of 50 actually goes on club websites at all for info these days? Do you get a free wallpaper download and can change your mouse icon into a steeple? 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just in case anyone is interested in the kids, it was advertised earlier that our U18s were playing Camelon U20s tonight. 

Falkirk 12 Camelon 0. 

Hat-trick from Scott Honeyman and doubles from Aaron Ramage, Louis Johnston, Kaine McFarlane, trialist and then a single from Liam Hall. 

Not a bad result considering one poster on here said you would see better players on a Saturday morning down Dawson Park. 

And before another poster (or two) complain about it not being on the official site, the two part-time media officers aren't paid to cover youth games and never have been. If a report goes up it's submitted by the coach and they publish it.  

Excellent result, I wanted to go down in person to see it for myself but I had other commitments tonight. 

30 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Opportunity missed.

Can I ask what isn't available on the current site that a overseas visitor can't achieve ?