The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Tbh I'd also be happy with a winger and a striker as our two final pieces of business, especially as Kennedy is out for two months.

As McGlynn says the defence has looked good so far even with several players missing and being forced to play McCann/Yeats/Mackie out of position along with 4th choice CB McKay getting plenty of game time.

Some more quality in the final third and we won't be far away imo 

Yeah he was pointing to the fact Yeats can play right back and also mentioned Henderson can move into midfield if we need it(whenever he's not injured) so a winger and another striker seems sensible. 

What I, @Braes_Bairn and others point is - which is missed by a helluva lot of our fan base on here - is that the site/Twitter etc is our shop window beyond the core support.

As I also said earlier in the week, it potentially drives people away from returning to the site and in-turn sponsors don't get some of the exposure they'd expect or worry that their brand marketing is accurate.

Earlier this week it was ambiguous information, today it's a copy-paste issue where an older post (Bonnyrigg) is copied and links not updated -  Marketing budgets are tight and if the admins can miss glaring issues like these then it doesn't fill marketers with confidence to spend it on us!

I really didn't want to get dragged back into this debate as I can see there is work going on to rectify some of the issues highlighted.

From what I can tell the work has been sub-contracted out back to CC, surprisingly, but proof-reading for our journalism trained comms team shouldn't be.

Edited by Blame Me

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

May seem picky to some but it’s all about standards and the quality of our website/media outlets leaves a lot to be desired and is put to shame by most other clubs in this league.  

There are some technical issues with the website just now which are delaying things like the fixtures lists being up. And content is not written by the sponsors.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

McKay is suffering from shock as he has been told he has had some positive reviews on P&B

Makes you wonder what was bubbling away in the background not only with McKay but other players who have improved. Its obvious it has been an unhappy dressing room for a while.

Credit to the management team for giving them a fresh start.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Makes you wonder what was bubbling away in the background not only with McKay but other players who have improved. Its obvious it has been an unhappy dressing room for a while.

Credit to the management team for giving them a fresh start.

Final mention of last night but McGlynn was saying how important it was to take an interest in player's lives and he mentioned McKay and his wife having a baby as an example of how home life is important and the club needs to be reactive to that.

32 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

There are some technical issues with the website just now which are delaying things like the fixtures lists being up. And content is not written by the sponsors.

I never mentioned it being updated by sponsors. My complaint is the lack of quality control on updates (ie news stories) which ultimately reflects badly on the image of the club.

The fixtures list is another item which is becoming a bit of a joke. Anyone with a bit of web experience should be able to fix. It is now over a month since the fixtures were released and still not listed on the website which doesn’t reflect well on the club or Crunchy Carrots (if it is indeed a technical issue).

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

No, but aren’t we just using last season’s 

Not if you have changed stands or a new ST holder.

If you stay local, then the best thing to do is pop into the shop, they will print it off for you in 2 minutes.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

What I, @Braes_Bairn and others point is - which is missed by a helluva lot of our fan base on here - is that the site/Twitter etc is our shop window beyond the core support.

As I also said earlier in the week, it potentially drives people away from returning to the site and in-turn sponsors don't get some of the exposure they'd expect or worry that their brand marketing is accurate.

Earlier this week it was ambiguous information, today it's a copy-paste issue where an older post (Bonnyrigg) is copied and links not updated -  Marketing budgets are tight and if the admins can miss glaring issues like these then it doesn't fill marketers with confidence to spend it on us!

I really didn't want to get dragged back into this debate as I can see there is work going on to rectify some of the issues highlighted.

From what I can tell the work has been sub-contracted out back to CC, surprisingly, but proof-reading for our journalism trained comms team shouldn't be.

I totally agree with what you’ve been saying. There are improvements on the pitch and the board made a good appointment with McGlynn however the information, website and marketing all need huge improvement. It costs money not to relay information or make it easy for people to part with their cash. It’s an area we can’t afford to overlook. 

21 hours ago, Springfield said:

It’s a given that all teams from top to the lowest leagues are looking for strikers.

Scunthorpe get Jack Hamilton on loan from Livi, sums up who/what is out there. 

To be fair, we've moved him on because apparently we're getting another 'better' striker in

I’m sure the guy who “hosted” the Q and A, don’t know his name, said not to air info that could go to any opponents after McGlynn mentioned Henderson’s injury extent and it’s still posted 🤣

McGlynn also spoke about how we’re in talks with Middlesbrough over a loan player. 

20 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

470 is poor.

Hopefully the 150 BfL members will switch to FSS when it closes in August.

Otherwise that’s a loss to the club.

Are BFL doing anything to encourage that?