The Falkirk FC Thread

Still looking to bring in another striker and a winger.

Normally works with 6 defenders that play across the back 4 and we've got 8, he was asked if there would be any outgoings and he said time will tell. So in reality there's still players there he wouldn't mind losing. 

Donaldson's just started back training so don't want to rush him into anything too soon, Rangers have asked for Alegria to be wrapped in cotton wool for a week after Kai Kennedy getting injured. They asked Brian Graham for his opinion on Alegria before they signed him and Graham had the feeling if Alegria had got himself a goal with Partick he'd have kicked on, a player who needs confidence.

Overall Mcglynn & Smith came off brilliantly, someone asked a question about whether they'd be getting the league cup money when we went through and Paul Smith piped up straight away to say we still need to go win Saturday's game before we can start thinking about that.

Those were my main takeaway's, there will be bits I've missed too.

Wouldn't be a Falkirk fans night without a mental question

"years ago we had two fullback's who would be camped outside the oppositions box and they'd score goals when the ball came out there, Leahy and Duffie, do you plan on doing that?"

Finally we need to encourage everyone we can to join the FSS, we're currently at 470 members but we all know we can bring in a lot more than that.

Edited by FFC 1876

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Normally works with 6 defenders that play across the back 4 and we've got 8, he was asked if there would be any outgoings and he said time will tell. So in reality there's still players there he wouldn't mind losing. 

Donaldson's just started back training so don't want to rush him into anything too soon, Rangers have asked for Alegria to be wrapped in cotton wool for a week after Kai Kennedy getting injured. They asked Brian Graham for his opinion on Alegria before they signed him and Graham had the feeling if Alegria had got himself a goal with Partick he'd have kicked on, a player who needs confidence.

Overall Mcglynn & Smith came off brilliantly, someone asked a question about whether they'd be getting the league cup money when we went through and Paul Smith piped up straight away to say we still need to go win Saturday's game before we can start thinking about that.

"years ago we had two fullback's who would be camped outside the oppositions box and they'd score goals when the ball came out there, Leahy and Duffie, do you plan on doing that?"

Finally we need to encourage everyone we can to join the FSS, we're currently at 470 members but we all know we can bring in a lot more than that.

Did they say anything about keeping the website up to date? 

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

470 is poor.

Hopefully the 150 BfL members will switch to FSS when it closes in August.

Otherwise that’s a loss to the club.

Good meeting tonight though a bit of a nonsense that no one had thought to set up a microphone.

Was less than keen on McGlynn getting the job but he came across very well tonight as did Smith.

The boy asking about positioning at corners though…

13 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Yep don't put anything on social media as anybody can read it outside our fanbase, that lasted long.

We have over 2000 supporters and there were only around 100 of them at the meeting tonight so a little bit of information on how it went on a fans forum is hardly criminal, take the stick out your arse snooty.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We have over 2000 supporters so considering there were only around 100 of them at the meeting tonight a little bit of information on how it went on a fans forum is hardly criminal, take the stick out your arse snooty.

John asked for it to be kept in the room. For obvious reasons given what was said. The only stick here is what you’re dishing out. 

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We have over 2000 supporters and there were only around 100 of them at the meeting tonight so a little bit of information on how it went on a fans forum is hardly criminal, take the stick out your arse snooty.

There was little if anything said that could be considered sensitive but there was a request made at the start of the meeting to be careful about posting details on social media so your comment was out of line.

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There was little if anything said that could be considered sensitive but there was a request made at the start of the meeting to be careful about posting details on social media so your comment was out of line.

I heard a request for us not to post anything about injuries to players or anything that might give other teams an advantage. I don't think anyone has done that here 

8 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Did anyone ask if we are scouting the juniors? 

Understand and respect any “ask” for information/dialogue to be kept within any meetings for obvious reasons, but do admit to a chuckle or two about not discussing players injuries for fear an advantage to other teams.

McGlynn like most managers will know other teams players starting squads/starting eleven most weeks as it’s not rocket science, and if one or two players are missing that’s simply the norm. I would maybe have a different opinion if we were a Liverpool or Man City but give me a break ! We’re in the lower leagues of Scottish football…..

Other South American born players to have played for Falkirk? I’d always assumed T&T was in South America but it seems that is incorrect. Struggling to think of any over recent years though imagine there will have been a handful?

Edited by Just a bairn

1 hour ago, Just a bairn said:

Other South American born players to have played for Falkirk? I’d always assumed T&T was in South America but it seems that is incorrect. Struggling to think of any over recent years though imagine there will have been a handful?

Pele the big centre half signed from WBA. Apart from that I can't think of any.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Understand and respect any “ask” for information/dialogue to be kept within any meetings for obvious reasons, but do admit to a chuckle or two about not discussing players injuries for fear an advantage to other teams.

McGlynn like most managers will know other teams players starting squads/starting eleven most weeks as it’s not rocket science, and if one or two players are missing that’s simply the norm. I would maybe have a different opinion if we were a Liverpool or Man City but give me a break ! We’re in the lower leagues of Scottish football…..

Totally get your point but at the moment and given our recent history I think we need every edge we can get! I think what was asked is fair enough and having less leaks like we have started to get for transfers is how we should be run.

On a similar but lesser note the social media silky soccer and gifs about Morton fans boils my blood. Again given where we are I think we should be as under the radar as possible.

Not seen much of us so far this season but looks like we lack a bit of height at the back but also look better and more organized there. Up front we look very short but have brought players in so see how they go. Early days but could be a wee bonus with young boys who were written off hopefully improving ie, Blair Sneddon. Injuries this early are also a worry but overall has been a positive start. Management seem an improvement on last few seasons so another positive (so far).