The Falkirk FC Thread

Do we not carry out even basic medicals when we sign a player on loan?

Struggling to accept Kennedy developed a hernia in the couple of days he has been with us.

Opening myself to abuse and ridicule here but given the dearth of forwards out there how about offering Griffiths (if fit) a pay as you play deal?

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Struggling to accept Kennedy developed a hernia in the couple of days he has been with us.

Opening myself to abuse and ridicule here but given the dearth of forwards out there how about offering Griffiths (if fit) a pay as you play deal?

Non starter.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Griffiths is done, had plenty of times to turn his career back around, comes out in the press at every occasion saying the right things then never actually bothers to put the work in. If we're resigning someone, give me Telfer back to play as the number 10. 

Would much rather see us take a punt on a young hungry loan than waste ourselves with the wee fat thumb again.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Griffiths is done, had plenty of times to turn his career back around, comes out in the press at every occassion to say the right things then just never actually bothers to put the work in. If we're resigning someone, give me Telfer back to play as the number 10. 

Would much rather see us take a punt on a young hungry loan than waste ourselves with the wee fat thumb again.

Don’t really disagree just struggling to see where the quality loan player is going to appear from.

I mentioned Owen Moffat from Celtic a few days back who would certainly fit the bill but would Celtic even consider sending him on a trip to the seaside leagues.

25 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I wouldn't be against Griffiths signing but only if it was funded from an external source (rich fan or whatever) and on an incentivised basis, because he could end up bankrupting us! and if he could prove his full fitness first. Otherwise we'd just be asking for trouble.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t really disagree just struggling to see where the quality loan player is going to appear from.

I mentioned Owen Moffat from Celtic a few days back who would certainly fit the bill but would Celtic even consider sending him on a trip to the seaside leagues.

Probably only if that seaside league team were owned by Willie Haughey !!

If some white knight businessman wants to provide a pot of money for a signing then that’s great but it should still be up to the manager who that signing is. Can’t have a local businessman demanding to sign particular players. 

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Lewis Jamieson has 9 goals in 23 games in this league from his two loan spells at Clyde.

Kyle Connell has 12 goals in 46 games from his two loan spells at Airdrie and East Fife.

Never seen him play but Josh O'Connor seems to score goals for fun at youth levels for Hibs. 

I believe Owen Moffat's a winger.

Edited by FFC 1876

51 minutes ago, Raithie said:

www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/james-keatings-opens-up-raith-24148756.amp

Between that article and the issue re Kennedy you'd think McGlynn would be triple checking everything. We signed Tom Lang who was also injured when he signed on the dotted line and a couple of players (Matthews and Spencer) who required ops that were never done due to the insistence they played, in Matthews case masking it with painkiller injections, and that's them only just getting the ops now McGlynn is away. 

McGlynn said in a recent interview that 'he gets injuries wherever he goes' or words to that effect and it does make me wonder if his training routines may have something to do with it? I think we've had Williamson (may have been covid), McKay, Donaldson, Henderson and McGinn all injured since he came in and he's now signed two who are injured without kicking a ball!

25 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If some white knight businessman wants to provide a pot of money for a signing then that’s great but it should still be up to the manager who that signing is. Can’t have a local businessman demanding to sign particular players. 

He wouldn't be 'demanding', he'd be making an offer. If the manager didn't want a certain player then it would be a non-starter.

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lewis Jamieson has 9 goals in 23 games in this league from his two loan spells at Clyde.

Kyle Connell has 12 goals in 46 games from his two loan spells at Airdrie and East Fife.

Never seen him play but Josh O'Connor seems to score goals for fun at youth levels for Hibs. 

I believe Owen Moffat's a winger.

That's a decent return from a player playing, with all due respect, in a really pish team.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Griffiths is done, had plenty of times to turn his career back around, comes out in the press at every occasion saying the right things then never actually bothers to put the work in. If we're resigning someone, give me Telfer back to play as the number 10. 

I’d have Telfer back tomorrow tbh if the alternative at number 10 is Nesbitt all season. It’s a clear downgrade if that’s going to be the case Imo.

3-0 win awarded to Greenock Morton against Hibs. Wonder how the Hibs fans are thinking about the upcoming season now (but then who the hell cares)

Now, just avoid defeat against Clyde, something we haven’t been good at for a while but I feel we’ll grab the most ugliest of win / bonus point

Better season already than the last two!