The Falkirk FC Thread

On the positive front the new signings we've made so far have all improved the team a good bit from last season, Oliver being the only caveat to that as he doesn't look like he's ever going to score. Yeats & McGinn in the middle of the park suit eachother very well, we just need a bit more creativity in midfield and someone who's going to score goals upfront. Hopefully Alegria turns out decent but I'm still hoping we're in for Jamieson or dream boat scenario Euan Henderson.

Kennedy surely has to be punted back to sevco and the deal looked at again come January. As has been said we can't afford to have a squad position used up by a guy that won't be fit for weeks maybe months. You've got to wonder how the hell he managed to pass his medical if he has a bloody hernia. 

I laughed when I heard McGlynn saying that Kai Kennedy would be out for two months. When a player on loan is seriously injured, is it not the idea that they return to their club? I believe this happened with Mills and Kabia, but I may be mistaken.

On a separate note, and while not squeaky clean media performances as recent coaches / charlatans, it is refreshing to hear those who need to do better be called out for improvement by the man giving them a chance. We’ve thankfully dropped the Sporting Director and hopefully replaced that with a Director of Arse Kicking.

Lastly, If we only win 1-0 game after game, I’m happy with that - because we’re winning, and while it’s ugly as sin it’s the result that counts. So word to our Twitter - never mention Silky Soccer again, as it only gives ideas to those who don’t need them!

Our injury list for a year + has been a joke - we can’t blame the pitch anymore. Is it bad luck, or something to do with strength/conditioning/physio/inadequate checks before players sign? 

Onto last night. Hard to take too much from it. Pitch is a mess - the pitch on the “changing room” side had a massive slope, and was difficult to play too much football on. 

Playing Leon Mccann CB is hilarious and shows the extend of our injuries. He did okay second half but we struggled, obviously, with long balls and crosses all night. Again, can’t really take too much from that. He Probably won’t ever play at CB again in his career. 

Oliver held up really well, and I noticed when Morrison cut inside and fired his 11th shot over the bar, (Oliver was fuming), Morrison’s head dropped, and instantly Oliver told him to keep his head up and keep going. 

Yeats and Mcginn decent combo I think. Mcginn such a leader and Yeats engine looked top notch, charging around at the end of the game. 

Now for my MOTM - Mackie - can play any position across the back line, numerous crucial interventions, lots of headers won, good distribution last night - wouldn’t be surprised if he plays almost every minute of the season for us 

2 hours ago, Shabba said:

I’m still hoping that Shankland signing for Hearts means that Henderson is now available for loan again, we still only have 2 strikers. 

Neilson has explicitly said he's not going on loan:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/euan-henderson-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-reveals-plan-for-in-form-striker-3764004

Obviously that was before the signing of Shankland but the comments are made on the basis of signing another a striker. What Neilson doesn't mention that's presumably also a factor is that you need to have 4 of your own youth products included when you name your European squad of 25, so they'll want Henderson around to meet that quota as well.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

On the positive front the new signings we've made so far have all improved the team a good bit from last season, Oliver being the only caveat to that as he doesn't look like he's ever going to score. Yeats & McGinn in the middle of the park suit eachother very well, we just need a bit more creativity in midfield and someone who's going to score goals upfront. Hopefully Alegria turns out decent but I'm still hoping we're in for Jamieson or dream boat scenario Euan Henderson.

Yes Jamieson or Kyle Connell for me. Would also like to see Declan glass, Chris Mochrie, Dylan Tait or even Logan chalmers on loan to give us some creativity and goals in the midfield. 

39 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Yes Jamieson or Kyle Connell for me. Would also like to see Declan glass, Chris Mochrie, Dylan Tait or even Logan chalmers on loan to give us some creativity and goals in the midfield. 

Chalmers would be a great signing but having done so well at Ict in the champ last season I reckon there's hee haw chance he'd drop down to the 3rd tier. 

27 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Hibs likely to get points deduction.

How ironic this is & embarrassing for a club the size of Hibs particularly given Lee Johnstone’s pop on Radio Scotland last night in his post match interview where he took time to comment on what he perceived to be the amateur nature of our game up here due to fact that there was no 4th official at their game with Morton 

4 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

Kennedy surely has to be punted back to sevco and the deal looked at again come January. As has been said we can't afford to have a squad position used up by a guy that won't be fit for weeks maybe months. You've got to wonder how the hell he managed to pass his medical if he has a bloody hernia. 

www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/james-keatings-opens-up-raith-24148756.amp

Between that article and the issue re Kennedy you'd think McGlynn would be triple checking everything. We signed Tom Lang who was also injured when he signed on the dotted line and a couple of players (Matthews and Spencer) who required ops that were never done due to the insistence they played, in Matthews case masking it with painkiller injections, and that's them only just getting the ops now McGlynn is away.