The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

If we can’t beat Clyde to get into the knockouts then we don’t deserve anything, 50k minimum prize money plus potential tv and gate monies on the line. 

That's generally how football woks till the SPL started....

FTV failure and being a multitasker didn't give me the picture to those at the game (same applies when I've seen full 90 mins generally on any TV platform) 

It looked a horrible place to play ala brockville and fair play to what I seen, they made it what we did back in the day to their advantage.

We are in a fantastic position altho injuries may have an impact, we have went from a team with zero direction to a team that at least has a path.

We were the death of football under Rennie, the I dunno what to do under Sheerin. I await McGlynn kicking arses and also laying it on the line in his interview post game. It's black n white with him and not last season's I dunno what to do or we are Brazil in training.

I'll say again, we will for sure finish play offs, yep low bar but recent times it's a high bar 

Edited by MrDust

Think the difference is, McGlynn clearly knows we were rubbish last night and he'll make the players aware of that. Previous managers would've been happy with that performance. 

Not having Henderson (or any other centre half) fucked it for us last night. Hope to god two of them can come back before Montrose. Morrison could've won us the game with his chances and I hope JM can influence his decision making because I do believe he's our best player on form. 

Sean Mackie for me continues to be our best signing so far, oozes calmness.

At the start of this group I think we'd all have taken the scenario of needing a point against Clyde at home to qualify. It's in our own hands (🥴)

Obviously a draw clinches us the group regardless of shootout result. What are the chances of sneaking through if we lose?

If we lose by 2 and Bonnyrigg beat Morton, or if we lose by 1 and Bonnyrigg beat Morton by 2 then we are out regardless as we’d finish 3rd.

If we lose but still finish above Bonnyrigg then I’m not sure what the chances are of sneaking into the top 3 second places 

34 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Obviously a draw clinches us the group regardless of shootout result. What are the chances of sneaking through if we lose?

If we lose by 2 and Bonnyrigg beat Morton, or if we lose by 1 and Bonnyrigg beat Morton by 2 then we are out regardless as we’d finish 3rd.

If we lose but still finish above Bonnyrigg then I’m not sure what the chances are of sneaking into the top 3 second places 

Not much chance if we get beat unfortunately, traditionally 9 points is whats requires but with one less space this year, even that may not be enough

Didn’t make game, but posts are suggesting not the greatest performance. M&S must be tearing their hair out at the current injuries, Smith sorry, but every team gets this at some point in season. My grave concern is we hit the Montrose game and maybe 3/4 players short. 
The next ten days will confirm our season - a CF MF RB and we won’t be far away. Without adding at least two of the above, it’s going to be a bloody long hard slog.

Alegria being injured for another week before he can play is just the cherry on the top. Donaldson was doing the warm up according to John Mcglynn's interview last night so hopefully he's not far away. What appeared to be the issue with Henderson when he went off last night?

If Kai Kennedy's injured for 6-8 weeks get him back to Rangers and bring someone else in. We can't afford to be waiting 2 months on someone coming back from injury when the season starts next week.

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Alegria being injured for another week before he can play is just the cherry on the top. Donaldson was doing the warm up according to John Mcglynn's interview last night so hopefully he's not far away. What appeared to be the issue with Henderson when he went off last night?

If Kai Kennedy's injured for 6-8 weeks get him back to Rangers and bring someone else in. We can't afford to be waiting 2 months on someone coming back from injury when the season starts next week.

Is the injury with Kennedy confirmed as 6/8 weeks ?

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The next ten days will confirm our season - a CF MF RB and we won’t be far away. Without adding at least two of the above, it’s going to be a bloody long hard slog.

We now have 24 signed players, which compares well in numbers if not quality with the 18 that McKinnon started his first L1 season with. 

I'm not sure how many more we can expect. Presumably at some point over the next few weeks Lewis will ask for an update in one of the postmtatch interviews. 

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We now have 24 signed players, which compares well in numbers if not quality with the 18 that McKinnon started his first L1 season with. 

I'm not sure how many more we can expect. Presumably at some point over the next few weeks Lewis will ask for an update in one of the postmtatch interviews. 

The Mcglynn FSS meeting is tonight so I'm sure that will be one of the questions. I'm actually finding myself hoping Brad Mckay's back for Clyde which just shows the state we're in at the moment with injuries. Bolded Watson, Henderson and Kennedy as they are most likely longer term injuries. We still need another striker, a centre midfielder and a different option out wide now Kennedy's out injured. We are at 24 but Carroll, Malcolm and Connolly won't really get a sniff this season imo and they should be on low enough wages that we can bring in another few players.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll
Kai Kennedy

Strikers
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm
Kyle Connolly

Edited by FFC 1876

We were cruising it last night before Henderson went off which was definitely the turning point of the game becoming more even. Sneddon came on and did fine at LB and although McCann did ok after moving to CB Bonnyrigg started to bully us a bit and were able to get up the pitch as a result. I dont think we played badly but again highlighted we need another option in the final third and probably another RB. Pass marks for most apart from Williamson and Hetherington. At the moment we're placing a lot of hope on the two loan guys from Sevco being good. Getting and keeping everyone fit will be key to us having a good season imo 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

McGlynn looks so frustrated in the interview 

Yeah understandable & he also said he was 3 times 🙈

Can’t help but appreciate his refreshing honesty in saying it as it is without the political speak of the new generation of ‘’ head coaches’’ !

Agree with everything NavyBlueArmy said, we were doing well until Henderson went off. Bonnyrigg could then just play off their big striker after that. I would assume there’s a couple of loan signings still to come.
Kai Kennedy having a hernia is a strange one, that seems like a longer term issue than something thats just been discovered. 
I’m still hoping that Shankland signing for Hearts means that Henderson is now available for loan again, we still only have 2 strikers.