The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone genuinely know anything about him ? I googled him and all I could find was a report on a game where he scored a hat-trick in a game for Rangers B team vs Alloa ? That suggested he was quite powerful so might suit McGlynn’s style if he can hold the ball up.

I think everyones going off the fact he played 10 games for Partick and scored 0 goals. He was obviously just getting used to the scottish way of playing and the weather, just like all the foreign players that take a year to get going down south...

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Does anyone genuinely know anything about him ? I googled him and all I could find was a report on a game where he scored a hat-trick in a game for Rangers B team vs Alloa ? That suggested he was quite powerful so might suit McGlynn’s style if he can hold the ball up.

ITs the falkirk way, bash them before they've ever seen them in action. Im all for that bashing to start after 4-5 games of turgid shit right enough.

I think we’ve seen enough so far this season to know it sometimes just takes the right manager for things to click. Hopefully McGlynn and Alegria click and we see some of the ability that convinced Sevco to sign him.

27 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Was it not him that missed an absolute sitter in the playoffs against Caley? 

Yes. It wasn’t the only sitter he missed either.

At an attempt at “constructive” criticism - he runs about a lot and puts himself about. He also got himself into a few decent positions to miss aforementioned sitters, but he’s got no composure whatsoever and is technically really poor. He might not be quite as terrible dropping down a level, but if he’s starting up front for you this season I’d say that’s a big worry.

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well his is similar to El Alagui,am iclutching at straws?

Was thinking similarly. And just to add to the straw-clutching,  everyone on p&b knew all about Farid when he signed up. 

Where is the magic coin anyway? Let Alegria carry it around for a couple of days... then pass it on to Jaime Wilson.  Now that really is straw-clutching. 

Edit to add just googled him for some, any, info - he's not tall is he?  Not going to get on the end of many crosses (Farid style) from Kai Kennedy or Callum Morrison. 

So, reviewing the straw clutching scenario, maybe McGlynn sees us playing with a John Baird type striker.  That turned out ok for Raith, and us. 

2 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Edit to add just googled him for some, any, info - he's not tall is he?  Not going to get on the end of many crosses (Farid style) from Kai Kennedy or Callum Morrison. 

So, reviewing the straw clutching scenario, maybe McGlynn sees us playing with a John Baird type striker.  That turned out ok for Raith, and us. 

Some leap for the first goal below, remember it’s not the size it’s how it’s used.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Williamson and Henderson back in the starting line up, Yeats back into midfield with Nesbitt further up I take it.

Was trying my best to make heads of it myself, I reckon.

Morrison
Williamson Hendo Mackie Mccann
McGinn Hetherington
Morrison Yeats Nesbitt
Oliver