The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Schroedingers tickets - simultaneously sold out yet phone the club shop to buy them. 

If you can't see the error and potential for ambiguity in that then we can leave it be.

If you read the post like any newbie should the sold out statement is well in advance of the phone for tickets which is right at the end. The sold out statement should tell you that you don't need to read any further.  Not much ambiguity in that to me. 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I agree with this. For a number of reasons, there is undoubtedly room for optimism on the footballing side, and most people on here have been basking in the good feeling, as we all should. But I have spotted growing trend on here where people who raise even the most moderate of concerns - be it about football or non-footballing issues - are getting jumped on by folk accusing them of just moaning or being negative, as if they dare criticise the club for anything. While I'm sure there are a couple of them on here, not every everyone questioning something about the club is a puppet for the former BOD, which is one of the first accusations that often gets lobbed at them. That kind of factionalism makes those who engage in it look as much like the previous regime they seek to criticise - I don't believe they are actually anything like those charlatans, but it's not always a good look. We should all be in this together and pulling in the same direction, but people are still allowed to criticise or raise concerns.

There are areas of the website that deserve criticism but in this case it just seems to be folk moaning for the sake of it if you ask me.  You don't surely have to be a dyed in the wool fan to realise that away tickets are sold out means away tickets are sold out.

12 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

i really dont think we hire a large team of IT whizzkids. In real life it is exciting because nothing is perfect

Sorry but it doesn't require "IT whizzkids" to operate this. The site and the software has been in place for a number of years now. The functionality should be understood by now and our comms team have been in place for a while now too. Also, see my earlier post re Crunchy Carrots - surely we can have our main sponsor fix bugs or tutor if necessary if that's the problem.

13 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Aye but like does it really matter? 

See my earlier post regarding plugging the shortfall. The hard reality is the website and social media are shop-fronts and we should be using every opportunity to maximise selling to someone (neutral, visitor or die-hard). If it's neglected folk don't come back regularly and your missing those opportunities. 

Guest FFC1965

Looking across the groups I'm assuming that 

(a) we will need 10 points to go through as winners and

(b) 9 points is unlikely to be enough for us to go through (either as winners or runners up)

I'm assuming that Hibs will beat Morton tonight and will end up on 9pts and a GD of +7 (+ margin of victory tonight) and that Killie, DAFC, Arbroath/Airdrie and QPFC/HAFC are all more likely to have a better 2nd place record than us if we end up on 9 points and in 2nd place behind Hibs.  

I know that folk have talked a bit about the "meaningless" penalty shoot outs in the League Cup but if we draw tonight there could be £50k riding on us getting a bonus point. 

But we're going to win tonight eh?       

31 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Naw. I think the players are going to be gutted and demoralised because there was a line saying tickets sold out below another line saying tickets for sale on the website. All that coaching about the pressing game, accurate passing, crossing on the run, fake strikers and fluid defence just goes straight out the window when the fixture list isn't on the website.

5-0 to Bonnyrigg and half a dozen players telling their agents to get them a move imo. 

39 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Looking across the groups I'm assuming that 

(a) we will need 10 points to go through as winners and

(b) 9 points is unlikely to be enough for us to go through (either as winners or runners up)

I'm assuming that Hibs will beat Morton tonight and will end up on 9pts and a GD of +7 (+ margin of victory tonight) and that Killie, DAFC, Arbroath/Airdrie and QPFC/HAFC are all more likely to have a better 2nd place record than us if we end up on 9 points and in 2nd place behind Hibs.  

I know that folk have talked a bit about the "meaningless" penalty shoot outs in the League Cup but if we draw tonight there could be £50k riding on us getting a bonus point. 

All winners go through. Number of points will merely determine of you are seeded or not in the next round.

17 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Naw. I think the players are going to be gutted and demoralised because there was a line saying tickets sold out below another line saying tickets for sale on the website. All that coaching about the pressing game, accurate passing, crossing on the run, fake strikers and fluid defence just goes straight out the window when the fixture list isn't on the website.

5-0 to Bonnyrigg and half a dozen players telling their agents to get them a move imo. 

Quite funny how the chances of that result happening are higher due to the multitude of variables at play than any of the points discussed being resolved this side of Christmas. 

It's a funny old game 🤪

Guest Ecosse83

I had a question about my season ticket today and got through to the ticket office in seconds. I can confirm though that tonight’s tickets are sold out! 😆