The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely. Ripping him on here is fine. Sending abusive emails to his one man band business account would be very different.

Surely Luke will be answering the calls and emails for daddy?

18 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

In isolation, yes.

However, as pointed out there is a continual lack of attention to detail.

I don't think accuracy is too great an expectation.

I'm still not getting what you're talking about though.  They've added a line on to a previous post that was put up before we had sold out.  It's not a new post or your gripes would be reasonable. It's an old post with the sold out line added to it. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

This is the 2nd go they've had at it - original post had tickets available even though we had much fanfare earlier in the day about selling out our allocation.

They've then updated it to sold out but left in you can call the club for tickets which is a mixed message and lack of attention to detail.

Less eagle-eyed fans might misunderstand and then call - which I've seen other criticism of elsewhere about the club not answering - potentially leaving fans frustrated or if they do get through they've wasted both their and club staffs time.

Folk can think it's nitpicking but this all has cost somewhere along the line eventually. 

IMG_3153.jpg.401c9b025d73c6c206427302188b3c46.thumb.jpg.dca7222d4a1e8c9f51b0e27834ca1e53.jpg

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seems to have been left out of the St Mirren squad last night too, always looked dangerous against us with Clyde the last couple of seasons. It was him that scored the last minute equaliser at the near post for them last season.

Yeah he's pretty quick too.  If he plays every week for someone he'll get them goals guaranteed.

Edited by TheScarf

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm still not getting what you're talking about though.  

It's fairly simple - The tickets are sold out so why would I need to buy from or call the club shop! It is superflous in the *updated* article.

I mentioned earlier that this ultimately has a cost somewhere. The myopic view is that it doesn't matter and it's mountains-out-of-mole-hills but the website and social media frankly isn't aimed at the die-hards as they will get their information from somewhere regardless.

The content (if it even exists - see fixtures as an example) and accuracy is for the visiting, neutral or would-be fan as the website is likely their starting point. They're not going to hang around or come back and buy tickets and/or merchandise if they can't find what their looking for or rely on it being correct - just as we saw with Hibs PATG last week.

We have to remember that we're not always preaching to the choir and that's why I call it out - not just to put the boot in!

Our ST numbers and attendances can be lauded but I'm sure everyone wants to see that grow - that's surely part of how the shortfall gets plugged and not just by asking existing fans to contribute more.

Hopefully this explains why this stuff is such a bugbear of mine.

Edited by Blame Me

14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's fairly simple - The tickets are sold out so why would I need to buy from or call the club shop! It is superflous in the *updated* article.

I mentioned earlier that this ultimately has a cost somewhere. The myopic view is that it doesn't matter and it's mountains-out-of-mole-hills but the website and social media frankly isn't aimed at the die-hards as they will get their information from somewhere regardless.

The content (if it even exists - see fixtures as an example) and accuracy is for the visiting, neutral or would-be fan as the website is likely their starting point. They're not going to hang around or come back and buy tickets and/or merchandise if they can't find what their looking for or rely on it being correct - just as we saw with Hibs PATG last week.

We have to remember that we're not always preaching to the choir and that's why I call it out - not just to put the boot in!

Our ST numbers and attendances can be lauded but I'm sure everyone wants to see that grow - that's surely part of how the shortfall gets plugged and not just by asking existing fans to contribute more.

I’m prepared to allow some slack but things need to be addressed quite quickly.

At the start of the season I like to fill up my calendars with the fixtures as known as I sometimes arrange holidays, etc., around them (I know,its sad) but that’s what I do.

I can get the data elsewhere but it doesn’t feel like rocket science to have this up on our website.

Also, nothing about the team?

Please FFC, try to sort this out.

I can get the data elsewhere but it doesn’t feel like rocket science to have this up on our website.

Your correct and the fact it's on the club site *should* make it authoritative.

Not to mention the irony that our main sponsor is a web-design company. It's not a great advert for them when you scratch beyond the surface.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Your correct and the fact it's on the club site *should* make it authoritative.

Not to mention the irony that our main sponsor is a web-design company. It's not a great advert for them when you scratch beyond the surface.

Blame me seems an ironic user name for someone who spends most of their time casting aspersions 🤔

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Blame me seems an ironic user name for someone who spends most of their time casting aspersions 🤔

What aspersions am I casting exactly?

Surprised I've not been called out as an old BOD apologist (yet) this morning 🙄

I could level my opinion on it at many of the previous regimes as I have no axe to grind with this one before it is said.

Edited by Blame Me

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Nope I'm  still not getting the issue here .  Post was up with details of how to get tickets. Tickets sold out so this was added to the original post to say tickets have sold out so that anyone going back to that post can see it. No idea what all this knicker wetting is about.

Without trying to put words into others mouths I imagine the annoyance comes from the social media/website output being quite consistently sloppy.

You can isolate every incident which would obviously trivialise the arguement, but there can be no denial that as a whole this is something which has been poor for a while now.

Been a bit of jumping down people throats, admittedly justified at times, but sometimes there has been legitimate concerns.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Nope I'm  still not getting the issue here .  Post was up with details of how to get tickets. Tickets sold out so this was added to the original post to say tickets have sold out so that anyone going back to that post can see it. No idea what all this knicker wetting is about.

Schroedingers tickets - simultaneously sold out yet phone the club shop to buy them. 

If you can't see the error and potential for ambiguity in that then we can leave it be.

Without trying to put words into others mouths I imagine the annoyance comes from the social media/website output being quite consistently sloppy.
You can isolate every incident which would obviously trivialise the arguement, but there can be no denial that as a whole this is something which has been poor for a while now.
Been a bit of jumping down people throats, admittedly justified at times, but sometimes there has been legitimate concerns.
i really dont think we hire a large team of IT whizzkids. In real life it is exciting because nothing is perfect

15 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I agree with this. For a number of reasons, there is undoubtedly room for optimism on the footballing side, and most people on here have been basking in the good feeling, as we all should. But I have spotted growing trend on here where people who raise even the most moderate of concerns - be it about football or non-footballing issues - are getting jumped on by folk accusing them of just moaning or being negative, as if they dare criticise the club for anything. While I'm sure there are a couple of them on here, not every everyone questioning something about the club is a puppet for the former BOD, which is one of the first accusations that often gets lobbed at them. That kind of factionalism makes those who engage in it look as much like the previous regime they seek to criticise - I don't believe they are actually anything like those charlatans, but it's not always a good look. We should all be in this together and pulling in the same direction, but people are still allowed to criticise or raise concerns.

Edited by 18BAIRN76