The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

How very sensible of you and normally I would agree but after all the damage he caused and his arrogant way of justifying means I have very little sympathy for him.he probably got a cut of his sons severance pay that he would have helped negotiate 

I get all of that, and if he ever returned to TFS in any capacity with another club, then he’s fair game, but outwith football as we know it, hounding him simply isn’t worth it.
It would just give the media yet another opportunity to paint the FFC support in a negative light, and it could never be justified by any defence of “aye well, he near enough wrecked our club”.

There were two or three others who had a major part to play in making that happen. They are all part of FFCs chamber of horrors, but unless they re-surface in any manner that brings them up on FFC’s radar, then let them splash around in whatever little pool they currently occupy.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I get all of that, and if he ever returned to TFS in any capacity with another club, then he’s fair game, but outwith football as we know it, hounding him simply isn’t worth it.
It would just give the media yet another opportunity to paint the FFC support in a negative light, and it could never be justified by any defence of “aye well, he near enough wrecked our club”.

There were two or three others who had a major part to play in making that happen. They are all part of FFCs chamber of horrors, but unless they re-surface in any manner that brings them up on FFC’s radar, then let them splash around in whatever little pool they currently occupy.

Well I agree that he shouldn't be hounded in respect of being contacted or public slurs but surely reposting his own advertisement on a Falkirk fan page and having an opinion on it doesn't qualify for that. 

I get he has to make a living he is just so difficult to feel sorry for with his level of arrogance. Its also reassuring that other clubs aren't lining up to give him another gig

Lewis Jamieson came off the bench a lot for us last season and always looked dangerous.  He scored a few goals in the League and Challenge cups and scored an absolute peach against Morton in the league.  He'd be your best striker if he signed for you.

9 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

This season will be so much more enjoyable if we hound out all the fucking Karens before the league starts. 

We'd have no fans left!

Our 1st defeat will see a melt down and calls for another summer clear-out. 

Sure it was Jamie Swinney who said playing and non-playing side are intertwined so pointing out sub-par areas is valid. 

Happy for the BOD to point out when fans fail so equally the club shouldn't be immune.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Lewis Jamieson came off the bench a lot for us last season and always looked dangerous.  He scored a few goals in the League and Challenge cups and scored an absolute peach against Morton in the league.  He'd be your best striker if he signed for you.

A very low bar as it stands.

1 minute ago, Jackie Myles said:

Have they not just simply added the sold out line to the original post?  Should perhaps have put it in bold but otherwise I don't see an issue.

This is the 2nd go they've had at it - original post had tickets available even though we had much fanfare earlier in the day about selling out our allocation.

They've then updated it to sold out but left in you can call the club for tickets which is a mixed message and lack of attention to detail.

Less eagle-eyed fans might misunderstand and then call - which I've seen other criticism of elsewhere about the club not answering - potentially leaving fans frustrated or if they do get through they've wasted both their and club staffs time.

Folk can think it's nitpicking but this all has cost somewhere along the line eventually. 

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

This is the 2nd go they've had at it - original post had tickets available even though we had much fanfare earlier in the day about selling out our allocation.

They've then updated it to sold out but left in you can call the club for tickets which is a mixed message and lack of attention to detail.

Less eagle-eyed fans might misunderstand and then call - which I've seen other criticism of elsewhere about the club not answering - potentially leaving fans frustrated or if they do get through they've wasted both their and club staffs time.

Folk can think it's nitpicking but this all has cost somewhere along the line eventually. 

It’s not nitpicking. They’re getting major details wrong often, which caused a real fuss pre hibs game, and now this

Nitpicking would be incorrect grammar etc 

Did the original post not go up on the 18th though?  That was before we had sold out. They then added the line to the original post that it was now sold out.  Again apart from putting it in bolder font I'm not sure what the issue is here. Other clubs do exactly the same thing just adding a bit to the original post similar to what they used to do to posters in the old days by adding a sold out sticker to the original one or am I missing something. Different if they were putting up a whole new post and still had the original details on it but that's not the case.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We’ve just beaten Hibs, have a real chance to progress in the League Cup and make a few quid, have the adventure of a new ground and to enjoy a few beers in the pub tonight and we choose to spend the morning moaning about a message on our Website 😂.

You literally could not make it up !!

We'd spend pages and pages on here moaning if the same mistakes were being made on the park every week. Why is the non-playing side immune from that scrutiny?

With all the variables a match can throw up we choose to focus on errors, team selection etc and yet some things which have much less variability get a free pass 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Some people getting their knickers in a twist about nothing.

In isolation, yes.

However, as pointed out there is a continual lack of attention to detail.

I don't think accuracy is too great an expectation.

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Well I agree that he shouldn't be hounded in respect of being contacted or public slurs but surely reposting his own advertisement on a Falkirk fan page and having an opinion on it doesn't qualify for that. 

I get he has to make a living he is just so difficult to feel sorry for with his level of arrogance. Its also reassuring that other clubs aren't lining up to give him another gig

Absolutely. Ripping him on here is fine. Sending abusive emails to his one man band business account would be very different.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Seems to have been left out of the St Mirren squad last night too, always looked dangerous against us with Clyde the last couple of seasons. It was him that scored the last minute equaliser at the near post for them last season.