The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I think the criticism of it being all patrons that are on the board struggles to stand up mind you when it's only patrons that seem to be willing to do it.

Just found it a bit surprising there only being one candidate after there being quite a bit of noise on here,  a few posters have been quite critical of the FSS for no particular or obvious reason other than the directors being members of both the FSS and the patrons group and have tried to paint this as a negative where in fact I actually see it as a positive. If there genuinely was a like minded feeling amongst our fan base I presumed somebody would have stuck they're head above the parapet.  Maybe I’m just reading to much into a few pedantic posters on here, could well be the case most don’t agree with that sentiment. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

35 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Just announced:

FSS FANS' DIRECTOR APPOINTED

The FSS nomination window closed on Friday 16 July, as advertised in recent communications with FSS members. Only one member, the current incumbent Nigel Serafini, stepped forward. There is therefore no need for an election so we have today nominated Nigel to continue his role as FSS fans’ director for a term of two years.

Nigel said, “Being a director of the club I love is an honour, as well as a weighty responsibility.  I welcome the opportunity to help rebuild the club, accelerate fan ownership and involvement, and turn Falkirk FC into a success story once again.”

As FSS membership approaches 500 and the shareholding increases, I ask all Bairns to help push up the numbers which is crucial to all these objectives.”

We can rebuild our club together. There’s still a mountain to climb and there’ll be some hairy moments along the way. But with everyone’s enthusiasm, energy and effort, we can do it together.”

The FSS co-chairs said, “We welcome the continuity Nigel brings to the role. We know being a Falkirk director is a big job as the club fights to regain its Championship status. An important task for Nigel, alongside his colleague Doug Moodie, will be to continue to establish the fans’ director concept at Falkirk, while helping increase FSS membership, investment and shareholding.”

Nigel has supported Falkirk since 1969 and played football at junior level. He is currently CEO of Lothian Buses. Nigel joined the club board in December 2021, appointed as an interim FSS director until we held an electoral process.

Hope he’s not taking the same pay rise and bonus he did from Lothian Buses 😂. He’ll bankrupt us !!

I agree & think it will be the same team which started against Hibs with Hendrrson returning to bench along with Williamson after his Covid isolation.
Also would not be surprised if a coupe of players added by Wednesday evening including a striker & cente midfielder. 

Is Henderson’s suspension just one game. Thought straight reds were a 2 game suspension, hence he wouldn’t be back till clyde??

50 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Just found it a bit surprising there only being one candidate after there being quite a bit of noise on here,  a few posters have been quite critical of the FSS for no particular or obvious reason other than the directors being members of both the FSS and the patrons group and have tried to paint this as a negative where in fact I actually see it as a positive. If there genuinely was a like minded feeling amongst our fan base I presumed somebody would have stuck they're head above the parapet.  Maybe I’m just reading to much into a few pedantic posters on here, could well be the case most don’t agree with that sentiment. 

Maybe those complaining simply aren’t members? 

2 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Is Henderson’s suspension just one game. Thought straight reds were a 2 game suspension, hence he wouldn’t be back till clyde??

I thought violent conduct and serious foul play were 2-3 games and denying a goalscoring opportunity was only 1 game

Just watched the gaffer’s interview in advance of Wednesday & already value his refreshing honesty & real pragmatism. 

No doubting who is in charge & real leader that can only mean one thing for any would be slackers in the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Was disappointed that interview didn’t touch on recruitment though 

All you would get is the standard working hard to get bodies in, talking to agents and players, etc. Even if a manager expects something to happen imminently they rarely comment in case an expected deal falls through and they end up looking silly. 

The only question you might get an answer on is where he was looking to strengthen but I think it's pretty obvious that we need more up front. 

There's a meeting with FSS members and the management team on Thursday. I'm guessing recruitment will be the first question everyone wants to ask about so you'll get an update soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

All you would get is the standard working hard to get bodies in, talking to agents and players, etc. Even if a manager expects something to happen imminently they rarely comment in case an expected deal falls through and they end up looking silly. 

The only question you might get an answer on is where he was looking to strengthen but I think it's pretty obvious that we need more up front. 

There's a meeting with FSS members and the management team on Thursday. I'm guessing recruitment will be the first question everyone wants to ask about so you'll get an update soon enough. 

Thanks 👍

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The meeting holds 100 - and 75 tickets gone so far so if you want to attend and are a member of FSS then perhaps check the link in the new mailing for a free ticket.

Bookies have the Bonnyrigg game as a "pick 'em" match up... As the Yanks say.

Cannae see that.

Aye, squad needs maybe 3 players. But on the rumoured budget, McGlynn is highly likely to get this bunch to a points total that will go close to winning League 1 in an average year.

Bonnyrigg look of a standard that might be expected to come 3rd in a typical League 2. 

3rd League 2 v. 2nd League 1 is not a "pick 'em" game in most seasons

Bairns should be 5-4 at most here. I'd say 11-10. Can get 8-5 with Betway and 7-5 most anywhere.

Just sayin', likesay 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Tomorrows result would normally be a given, yes we’ve fallen but failure to secure a very comfortable win would be a huge negative for the season start. A comfortable 3/4 win.

Which team do you support as we are not playing until Wednesday 🤔