The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Appreciate Wednesday's game will be the first time for many at NDP but for those who have ventured - Any tips for parking relatively near or likely decent availability of spaces?

Thanks

I'm sure Bonnyrigg's website says there's no official parking available at the stadium. One of their fans put up a fairly comprehensive visitors guide on the league 2 forum at the start of their club thread for the season 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Appreciate Wednesday's game will be the first time for many at NDP but for those who have ventured - Any tips for parking relatively near or likely decent availability of spaces?

Thanks

There's a tiny car park but it will be full with home cars/officials. You will be OK parking pretty much anywhere in the town - its not that big and it's a t night so I guess no restrictions apart from double yellows. 

There's a pub right next to the ground - I've never been in it so can't say - the smoking locals when I pass on the way back from the Falkirk Stadium look very "Bonnyrigg" so take that to mean what you want.

Guest FFC1965

Looking forward to Wednesday.  A new ground for me to tick off my list and its very handy, the 31 bus in Edinburgh goes from the top of my street direct to Bonnyrigg.  I really must thank that Serafini fellow for such a fine service.   

Will have a few pints on the south side of the capital before heading out to deepest Midlothian. 

Cannae beat a Falkirk away day.  COYB.     

10 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

I agree & think it will be the same team which started against Hibs with Hendrrson returning to bench along with Williamson after his Covid isolation.

Also would not be surprised if a coupe of players added by Wednesday evening including a striker & cente midfielder. 

Competition for places is a nice problem to have

Buzzing for a first trip to Bonnyrigg but it definitely has a bit of a banana skin feel to it. With only the 3 best group winners being seeded it looks like we might be unseeded even with 11 points. To make it through as one of the best 3 runners up is starting to look like 9 pts and a healthy GD required as a minimum 

Just announced:

FSS FANS' DIRECTOR APPOINTED

The FSS nomination window closed on Friday 16 July, as advertised in recent communications with FSS members. Only one member, the current incumbent Nigel Serafini, stepped forward. There is therefore no need for an election so we have today nominated Nigel to continue his role as FSS fans’ director for a term of two years.

Nigel said, “Being a director of the club I love is an honour, as well as a weighty responsibility.  I welcome the opportunity to help rebuild the club, accelerate fan ownership and involvement, and turn Falkirk FC into a success story once again.”

As FSS membership approaches 500 and the shareholding increases, I ask all Bairns to help push up the numbers which is crucial to all these objectives.”

We can rebuild our club together. There’s still a mountain to climb and there’ll be some hairy moments along the way. But with everyone’s enthusiasm, energy and effort, we can do it together.”

The FSS co-chairs said, “We welcome the continuity Nigel brings to the role. We know being a Falkirk director is a big job as the club fights to regain its Championship status. An important task for Nigel, alongside his colleague Doug Moodie, will be to continue to establish the fans’ director concept at Falkirk, while helping increase FSS membership, investment and shareholding.”

Nigel has supported Falkirk since 1969 and played football at junior level. He is currently CEO of Lothian Buses. Nigel joined the club board in December 2021, appointed as an interim FSS director until we held an electoral process.
Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

Quite amazing the amount of know it alls within our support yet not a single person  was prepared to take on this role other than Nigel. I’d most probably have voted for him anyway as in his short stint so far he’s always come across well but it would have been nice if a few other candidates had thrown they’re  hat in to the ring. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Quite amazing the amount of know it alls within our support yet not a single person  was prepared to take on this role other than Nigel. I’d most probably have voted for him anyway as in his short stint so far he’s always come across well but it would have been nice if a few other candidates had thrown they’re  hat in to the ring. 
Whilst this might be true, you don't have to offer up your services as a director in order to be a vocal supporter in criticism or praise, and we have been told repeatedly that this is a role that cannot be half arsed. I'm glad there weren't 20 guys chucking their hat in and getting their their mates to back them.

Awfy close to Lang level keyboard warriors chat here.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst this might be true, you don't have to offer up your services as a director in order to be a vocal supporter in criticism or praise, and we have been told repeatedly that this is a role that cannot be half arsed. I'm glad there weren't 20 guys chucking their hat in and getting their their mates to back them.

Awfy close to Lang level keyboard warriors chat here.

I think the criticism of it being all patrons that are on the board struggles to stand up mind you when it's only patrons that seem to be willing to do it.