The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody know if Connor McBride is one of our academy youngsters who was left without a club then ended up last season on loan at Queens Park via Celtic & Blsckburn?

Aye it’s the same boy.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Let’s hope Edinburgh get their standing sections set up asap as this looks like a right ticket scramble for Bairns fans 👀

I didn't think they could manage making watching football at Meadowbank any worse, but by jove, they've made an excellent job of it!🙈

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody know if Connor McBride is one of our academy youngsters who was left without a club then ended up last season on loan at Queens Park via Celtic & Blsckburn?

He signed a professional contract with Falkirk in the summer of 2017 and got a two year deal, so he wasn't personally affected by the closure of academy in December 2017. He was amongst the final batch of FVFA graduates. He asked to leave in January 2018 and immediately signed for Celtic. 

Pretty sure the Queens Park fans weren't that impressed with McBride last season IIRC. He signed a two year deal with Blackburn in 2020 so assume he is now out of contract there? A shame as he was meant to be a cracking prospect, probably should have stayed with us

Also surprised we've not sold out our allocation for this yet, especially after the result against Hibs 

1572066373_ScreenShot2022-07-17at16_02_49.png.e56b6e584bcd6192f35829c6dceb1cc9.png

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He signed a professional contract with Falkirk in the summer of 2017 and got a two year deal, so he wasn't personally affected by the closure of academy in December 2017. He was amongst the final batch of FVFA graduates. He asked to leave in January 2018 and immediately signed for Celtic. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pretty sure the Queens Park fans weren't that impressed with McBride last season IIRC. He signed a two year deal with Blackburn in 2020 so assume he is now out of contract there? A shame as he was meant to be a cracking prospect, probably should have stayed with us

Also surprised we've not sold out our allocation for this yet, especially after the result against Hibs 

1572066373_ScreenShot2022-07-17at16_02_49.png.e56b6e584bcd6192f35829c6dceb1cc9.png

Sure we will come Wednesday afternoon. 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I remember being told a while back it wasn't his ability getting him all these moves, it was his old man. So doesn't surprise me one bit he didn't do anything at queens park last year.

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Interesting that the bookies do not make us favourites to beat Bonnyrigg on Wednesday night.
Fail to pick up at least two points and Hibs will be above us going into the final games….

I know we have been on a slippery downward slope for many a year, but I cannot imagine McGlynn & Smith allowing things to slip further.

I don’t buy into it being “the Falkirk way” to beat Hibs then screw up against Bonnyrigg. The “Falkirk way” of late would have been to lose 0-4 against Hibs, and then draw 1-1 against Bonnyrigg, and lose the penalty shoot out.

Screwing up on Wednesday would effectively be a suicide note for several full time football careers.

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

With the Jambos close to signing Shankland wonder if McGlyn is able to max his contacts to loan a striker

Quite frankly, I am amazed that the Shankland bubble is still intact.

I know we have been on a slippery downward slope for many a year, but I cannot imagine McGlynn & Smith allowing things to slip further.
I don’t buy into it being “the Falkirk way” to beat Hibs then screw up against Bonnyrigg. The “Falkirk way” of late would have been to lose 0-4 against Hibs, and then draw 1-1 against Bonnyrigg, and lose the penalty shoot out.
Screwing up on Wednesday would effectively be a suicide note for several full time football careers.

Point is Bet365 have both teams at 7/5 against over 90 minutes so they appear to think a draw is the likely outcome.
Would it be a surprise on our part not to beat them on their own patch?…

I'd be more confident about Wednesday if we managed to bring in another striker, that being said it's exactly the kind of game Morrison, McGuffie and Kennedy should be running riot in. Barring any injuries I reckon we'll see the below.

Morrison
Yeats Mckay Henderson Mackie
McGinn Hetherington
Mcguffie Nesbitt Morrison
Oliver