The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Everyone got £50k from Anderson.

The real difference was the £500k they got from the SG. We got, I think £150k.

Was at a function recently where Dick Campbell said that Arbroath had over a million in the bank!

I think they have. Don't seem to spend much of it though. Campbell himself isn't short of a few quid, he's got a couple of successful businesses with his brother. 

36 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

My main point was that surely caveats should've been entered into these loans so that they could be paid back quicker if the club received certain large sums of money in the up coming period.  That cash could be better used elsewhere but is instead being paid back at zero percent interest over about twenty years .

They weren’t loans.

They were Grants with no repayment, or so I believe?

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

What really skewed Scottish football is teams like Arbroath getting Anderson money that far exceeded their annual turnover and full time teams like us and Partick getting far less because of the decision to allocate it on league positions rather than turnover. This will take several years to work its way out of the system and one reason Arbroath for instance are playing way above their usual level.

I know, they also got another 500k for finishing runner up in the Championship...the audacity of it all !

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

They weren’t loans.

They were Grants with no repayment, or so I believe?

The premier league clubs received interest free loans of up to 3 million. The rest of the clubs were awarded grants based on league position from the Scottish government. The Anderson money was a flat grant across all 42 clubs, think it was 70k or something 

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Losing 4-1 disappointing, but not really important. It does seem to back up what we have learned so far……back to vulgar fractions, and we look to have 7/11ths of a very good L1 side……maybe even 8/11ths. It’s the missing bits that will do for us, but hopefully they will be addressed in the next three weeks or so.

Its a fair shift from last season when we never really got beyond 3/11ths at best.

Maybe an overreaction and sure we’ve been here before, we’re getting near to season start and not a recognised CF, b to b MF and a trusted RB (although Yeats may fit) 

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The premier league clubs received interest free loans of up to 3 million. The rest of the clubs were awarded grants based on league position from the Scottish government. The Anderson money was a flat grant across all 42 clubs, think it was 70k or something 

Okay.

I was just looking at the Championship downwards.

Actually, again I stand to be corrected but I thought all Championship clubs got the £500k irrespective of league position.

26 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay.

I was just looking at the Championship downwards.

Actually, again I stand to be corrected but I thought all Championship clubs got the £500k irrespective of league position.

They did, sorry I maybe didn’t word that very well. The SG money was divided up based on what league you were in, not league position. Your correct, championship clubs got 500k each, think our division the clubs got 110k. 

8 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody know if Connor McBride is one of our academy youngsters who was left without a club then ended up last season on loan at Queens Park via Celtic & Blsckburn?

Aye it’s the same boy.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Let’s hope Edinburgh get their standing sections set up asap as this looks like a right ticket scramble for Bairns fans 👀

I didn't think they could manage making watching football at Meadowbank any worse, but by jove, they've made an excellent job of it!🙈

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody know if Connor McBride is one of our academy youngsters who was left without a club then ended up last season on loan at Queens Park via Celtic & Blsckburn?

He signed a professional contract with Falkirk in the summer of 2017 and got a two year deal, so he wasn't personally affected by the closure of academy in December 2017. He was amongst the final batch of FVFA graduates. He asked to leave in January 2018 and immediately signed for Celtic. 

Pretty sure the Queens Park fans weren't that impressed with McBride last season IIRC. He signed a two year deal with Blackburn in 2020 so assume he is now out of contract there? A shame as he was meant to be a cracking prospect, probably should have stayed with us

Also surprised we've not sold out our allocation for this yet, especially after the result against Hibs 

1572066373_ScreenShot2022-07-17at16_02_49.png.e56b6e584bcd6192f35829c6dceb1cc9.png

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He signed a professional contract with Falkirk in the summer of 2017 and got a two year deal, so he wasn't personally affected by the closure of academy in December 2017. He was amongst the final batch of FVFA graduates. He asked to leave in January 2018 and immediately signed for Celtic. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pretty sure the Queens Park fans weren't that impressed with McBride last season IIRC. He signed a two year deal with Blackburn in 2020 so assume he is now out of contract there? A shame as he was meant to be a cracking prospect, probably should have stayed with us

Also surprised we've not sold out our allocation for this yet, especially after the result against Hibs 

1572066373_ScreenShot2022-07-17at16_02_49.png.e56b6e584bcd6192f35829c6dceb1cc9.png

Sure we will come Wednesday afternoon.