The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Quite happy to take someone on loan that's played first team games elsewhere prior to joining us. Too often we've taken players who freeze up and are used to kids football. Kennedy will have a good understanding of what's required. He's only 20 years old and about 18 months ago he was being linked with moves to every elite club in Europe. Gives us a degree of flexibility now across the four attacking positions.

Every McGlynn signing so far has looked good the couple of times I've seen them so I think he's already earned a bit of faith.

guess that means you wont be in for Mochrie then

50 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Very simple. Being called gay should not be an insult or a slur. 

Being called a sheep shagger is an inuslt and a slur. 

Totally understood that, (although obviously there are some who still think it is if the other night is anything to go by) what I needed explained to me was why the  "Sheep shagger" chant or any of the "incest" chants are deemed any better. They are all wrong for different reasons. As I tried to say in my original post, it`s the tribal culture that breeds this sort of stuff.

Kai Kennedy……?

No complaint about the potential quality of this loan signing but he seems quite similar to Morrison, Nesbitt & McGuffie. Probably not top of the list in terms of player required - striker x2, right-back.

14 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Kai Kennedy……?

No complaint about the potential quality of this loan signing but he seems quite similar to Morrison, Nesbitt & McGuffie. Probably not top of the list in terms of player required - striker x2, right-back.

Not if he can beat a man which those 3 do very rarely if at all in games. Nesbitt and Morrison  better through the middle , mcguffie not consistent at all.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Kai Kennedy……?

Those positions are probably next on the list 

32 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I tried to have a laugh about the culture in Scottish football , which the song has been sung for years by not only us but every club in Scotland and got instantly dismissed as a homophobe. There is zero malice in it , and am sure the majority of the south stand who sung it ment no malice in it either , just a stupid song that has been sung for years . I guess we have 1000 homophobes in our club then if this the way it’s getting branded .  I am no homophobe , I work with the lgbtq community , and I will happily hold my hands up and apologise if anyone was offended . But guess we need to pg allot our song book then , “ away in the town of Dunfermline etc “ 

Edited by deano25ffc

27 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Totally understood that, (although obviously there are some who still think it is if the other night is anything to go by) what I needed explained to me was why the  "Sheep shagger" chant or any of the "incest" chants are deemed any better. They are all wrong for different reasons. As I tried to say in my original post, it`s the tribal culture that breeds this sort of stuff.

Pretty simple lad

Because shagging sheep (or any other animal) and shagging your mum/dad/brother/sister etc is bad.

Shagging someone from the same sex (while not for me unless it's Lee Miller) is completely acceptable.

2 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:
34 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I tried to have a laugh about the culture in Scottish football , which the song has been sung for years by not only us but every club in Scotland and got instantly dismissed as a homophone . There is zero malice in it , and am sure the majority of the south stand who sung it ment no malice in it either , just a stupid song that has been sung for years . I guess we have 1000 homophobes in our club then if this the way it’s getting branded .  I am no homophobe , I work with the lgbtq community , and I will happily hold my hands up and apologise if anyone was offended . But guess we need to pg allot our song book then , “ away in the town of Dunfermline etc “ 

You`ve quoted me as writing your post Deano😂 Take your point though.

10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Pretty simple lad

Because shagging sheep (or any other animal) and shagging your mum/dad/brother/sister etc is bad.

Shagging someone from the same sex (while not for me unless it's Lee Miller) is completely acceptable.

Not in Arabia it isnt lol

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't remember anyone acclaiming his signing either, at best it was a 'meh' signing, or at least that's what I remember about it. I do remember Shadwell in particular saying that he was shite before he'd kicked a ball for us. I didn't agree with him at the time because I believe everyone who plays for Falkirk should at least be given the chance to prove that he's good, bad or indifferent but, as it turned out, he was right on the money.

Anyone know what's happened to Shadwell btw? He hasn't posted for ages, hope he's ok.

I'm fine but I haven't posted and won't be posting again on here. This is supposed to be an anonymous forum to discuss all things Falkirk FC. I raised a major issue which I felt most supporters of the club would want to know about and showed up the actions of our previous board weren't just simply incompetent but downright criminal. As in all these cases those complicit in these things immediately start to attack those simply telling the truth by bringing up issues that have absolutely nothing to do with Falkirk FC and I see this is continuing to happen. The same thing has been happening on Facebook by Hugh Clarke.  I also do not think that people's names or info on their personal situations should be being handed out to others when it's an anonymous forum unless of course it's the police who are wanting these details and I notice that this is still happening on here. I have no interest in anyone on Heres personal life unless that in some way affects Falkirk football club. Anyway I will sign off for good now I've enjoyed the chat over the years and locking horns with many of you whether you agreed or disagreed. It's great to see that it finally  looks like we have a bod and manager that we can trust and hopefully the only way is up now. Coyb.

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm fine but I haven't posted and won't be posting again on here. This is supposed to be an anonymous forum to discuss all things Falkirk FC. I raised a major issue which I felt most supporters of the club would want to know about and showed up the actions of our previous board weren't just simply incompetent but downright criminal. As in all these cases those complicit in these things immediately start to attack those simply telling the truth by bringing up issues that have absolutely nothing to do with Falkirk FC and I see this is continuing to happen. The same thing has been happening on Facebook by Hugh Clarke.  I also do not think that people's names or info on their personal situations should be being handed out to others when it's an anonymous forum unless of course it's the police who are wanting these details and I notice that this is still happening on here. I have no interest in anyone on Heres personal life unless that in some way affects Falkirk football club. Anyway I will sign off for good now I've enjoyed the chat over the years and locking horns with many of you whether you agreed or disagreed. It's great to see wtbat finally it looks like we have a bod and manager that we cannot trust and hopefully the only way is up now. Coyb.

Disagreed with you in the past plenty, argued with you about your negativity but cannot deny your passion for the club and sorry to see you leave the forum. I'm not aware of any of what's gone on so I'll just wish you all the best.

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

If you genuinely can’t see how singing a song like that is offensive and is completely unacceptable you’re a fucking simpleton.

Nothing to do with ‘pg’ and all to do with not being a piece of shit tbh.

No quotes so haven`t a clue if this was in reply to me?

If so, I`m baffled as I`ve already made it plain it`s unacceptable but I was also adding in other stuff to that which although unacceptable for different reasons, still needs stamped out.

If it was a general remark, I totally agree with you.

Edited by 60`s bairn
clarity