The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Remarkably, the outpouring of satisfaction from last night’s result has really surprised me. Not beating Hibs, but fans across most media sites in complete unison with the attitude, desire and willingness to get stuck in after the appalling efforts of the past few years.

That now “tackle” has rejuvenated/reignited the support and sincerely hope this is the turning point.

I’ve missed the past few games with hols, but I do have worries when posters are putting guys like Hetherington, and McKay up for MOTM. The real season starts when we start our first league game.

aye, one of my mates - a Hibs fan - was laughing at the fact we were making a big deal of the win.  Of course a lot of that was him seething and in his words "it was only a glorified pre season friendly" (aye ok) . But I explained/reminded him we've had years of utter utter sh*te and to have just a glimmer of something positive is enough for us to feel like we're at least starting to get the club we know and love back.   

Personally I'm over the moon but I'm unfortunately a glass half empty guy and will wait til the first Quarter of the season before I start to make judgements on if things have truly changed.  But theres no denying its nice to have a bit of positivity!

32 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Anyone know what's happened to Shadwell btw? He hasn't posted for ages, hope he's ok.

He was attacking someone or other and got a response calling him a crook. I don't think he's posted since. 

The newspaper article detailing his conviction is still online so I'm guessing he's chosen to keep a low profile. 

16 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

aye, one of my mates - a Hibs fan - was laughing at the fact we were making a big deal of the win.  Of course a lot of that was him seething and in his words "it was only a glorified pre season friendly" (aye ok) . But I explained/reminded him we've had years of utter utter sh*te and to have just a glimmer of something positive is enough for us to feel like we're at least starting to get the club we know and love back.   

Personally I'm over the moon but I'm unfortunately a glass half empty guy and will wait til the first Quarter of the season before I start to make judgements on if things have truly changed.  But theres no denying its nice to have a bit of positivity!

Glorified pre season game yet their keeper was up for a corner😀

11 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

A couple of my Hibs supporting mates thought it was a skoosh pre-game and post-game were trotting out excuses like both teams were poor and what a terrible advert it was for our game having been on TV.

They also mumped about slow entry to the North stand and oversold seating but as I said to them -The history books don't record all that just that we won! GIRUY 😆

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was attacking someone or other and got a response calling him a crook. I don't think he's posted since. 

The newspaper article detailing his conviction is still online so I'm guessing he's chosen to keep a low profile. 

What did I miss???

13 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Yes , the club should be provide a list of sanctioned chants and shouts that you are allowed for every club we play. 

Clearly you can’t call Hibs gay, is “AIDS Ridden” allowed? is “your HIV ha ha” allowed? 
Are Aberdeen and other northern teams allowed to be called Sheepshaggers? If that chant is allowed then why is the <insert  Asian Footballer> ate my dog clearly an abomination?
Will the club be playing duelling banjos when announcing the Dunfermline team this season? If the club can accuse our rivals of being incestuous red necks over the PA system. What kind of chants can the fans use?

Will the old guys in front of me be arrested and face banning orders for saying fitba “Is a bloody man’s game” after a soft challenge results in free kick. These old guys also often call players Jessie’s,  Big Girls blouses and nanny goats - In total disregard to gender equality policies. 

I look forward to reading the politically correct chants and shouts that are sanctioned by the club. 

Just don’t be a c**t. No list required. Not difficult.

On 06/07/2022 at 15:23, Blame Me said:

Sadly I haven't but it's clear that Hugh Clarke must have a more plausible ruse on-the-go than Campbell did as the latter never managed to complete on any of his marks whereas Clarke Epos have fooled folk at every tier of the Scottish sport.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/hugh-clark-chippy-unpaid-staff-27473451?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

54 minutes ago, CammyDick said:

good to see this post has received a mostly negative reaction but sadly a number of people upvoted this post. homophobic twats.

I`ve obviously read this post differently from you. Wasn`t at the game v Hibs but I`m very much against the type of chants that were aimed at Hibs fans the other night if true.

However, the point I took from the post was that there are other insults hurled around at different teams that appear to be acceptable but in reality are just as unsavoury.

It`s that whole behaviour in general that needs weeded out but it`s no easy task given the "tribal" nature of the game.

P.S. I`m not homophobic.

Chants calling someone or a collection of people sheep shaggers (for example) are not in any way comparable to chants calling someone or a collection of people gay, and if you need this explained to you then you’re a plum.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Chants calling someone or a collection of people sheep shaggers (for example) are not in any way comparable to chants calling someone or a collection of people gay, and if you need this explained to you then you’re a plum.

I`m going to assume that`s aimed at me.

So "gay" chants are wrong (which I`ve already said I agree with) but not so bad to say they have sex with sheep, I guess I better take residence in the fruit bowl because I really do need that explained to me🤔

He’s a player that McGlynn had at Raith so absolutely trust his judgement. He’s just came off the back of 2 fairly poor loan spells last season so let’s hope he uses this as motivation to kick on.

Number 73 though ffs.

29 minutes ago, 60&#x60;s bairn said:

I`ve obviously read this post differently from you. Wasn`t at the game v Hibs but I`m very much against the type of chants that were aimed at Hibs fans the other night if true.

However, the point I took from the post was that there are other insults hurled around at different teams that appear to be acceptable but in reality are just as unsavoury.

It`s that whole behaviour in general that needs weeded out but it`s no easy task given the "tribal" nature of the game.

P.S. I`m not homophobic.

It's difficult to say to be honest. Anyway whilst things like singing Jimmy hill is a #### a few years back were deemed humorous it's obvious thats not the case now but I'm hopeful it's a one off as it was a historical Hibs chant which should've died back then. 

Is this not meant to be an anonymous site. I'd be a wee bit concerned if people's personal life's are going to be blurted all over it unless of course it's Falkirk FC related. 

Anyway hopefully some signing news. A striker or two and things are really looking good.