The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

He’s a player that McGlynn had at Raith so absolutely trust his judgement. He’s just came off the back of 2 fairly poor loan spells last season so let’s hope he uses this as motivation to kick on.

Number 73 though ffs.

Well there you goHopefully the drop to league one might be enough to get his career back on track. 

Edited by Jackie Myles

Very happy with Kai Kennedy as he gives us good options on either wing.
No he doesn't. He'll make good first impressions but you'll soon be raging at his final ball, or him being dispossessed with ease. There's a reason he's been loaned out more times than a Famous Five book. Maybe L1 will let him develop more fully.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
Very happy with Kai Kennedy as he gives us good options on either wing.

No he doesn't. He'll make good first impressions but you'll soon be raging at his final ball, or him being dispossessed with ease. There's a reason he's been loaned out more times than a Famous Five book. Maybe L1 will let him develop more fully.

Mcglynn must see something in him or let's face it he wouldn't sign him again. 

14 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I`m going to assume that`s aimed at me.

So "gay" chants are wrong (which I`ve already said I agree with) but not so bad to say they have sex with sheep, I guess I better take residence in the fruit bowl because I really do need that explained to me🤔

Very simple. Being called gay should not be an insult or a slur. 

Being called a sheep shagger is an inuslt and a slur. 

He's undoubtedly got talent, but he's been hyped to the heavens by red top hacks and pretty much every Championship club has a player better than him whether he's used as a number 10 or outright winger. He's been on four consecutive loans and only properly impressed on one, albeit was largely injured with Accies. He might rip it up at this level but I'd be very, very surprised if you get the type of player you're all expecting.

Guest Ecosse83

Young 20 year old being described as meh and poor final ball, f**k sake 🤦‍♂️

Pretty sure some posters described Mackie as not really good enough, I’m definitely happy to trust Mcglynn on this one as well! 

Quite happy to take someone on loan that's played first team games elsewhere prior to joining us. Too often we've taken players who freeze up and are used to kids football. Kennedy will have a good understanding of what's required. He's only 20 years old and about 18 months ago he was being linked with moves to every elite club in Europe. Gives us a degree of flexibility now across the four attacking positions.

Every McGlynn signing so far has looked good the couple of times I've seen them so I think he's already earned a bit of faith.

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's undoubtedly got talent, but he's been hyped to the heavens by red top hacks and pretty much every Championship club has a player better than him whether he's used as a number 10 or outright winger. He's been on four consecutive loans and only properly impressed on one, albeit was largely injured with Accies. He might rip it up at this level but I'd be very, very surprised if you get the type of player you're all expecting.

I think most of us are expecting "meh" to be fair

I thought he was very good for us in his short time in Inverness. He looked very lively on the left wing and could easily skin someone whilst having the cigars out but it seems with subsequent loans opposition players got wise to him and he was much less of a threat. Any time we faced him I was never unduly concerned about what he could do.

@Michael W sums it up well. The kid has talent but he doesn't to do much with it to make an impact on a game. Maybe dropping down another level will help him get his game going again. 

Edited by RiG
Daft typos.

10 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

So in what way is he very talented?

Very skilful, quick and can beat players. End product is however questionable. 

Think of the guy at school who would skin everyone in the playground, but looked lost on a 7s/11s pitch. That's Kennedy. 

He’s a player that McGlynn had at Raith so absolutely trust his judgement. He’s just came off the back of 2 fairly poor loan spells last season so let’s hope he uses this as motivation to kick on.

Number 73 though ffs.

He was OK for us. I didn't like the signing as it got in the way of Redfern and Winter, but he did alright. We moved to a more effective system that had place for him so he ended up dropped, then he got injured so was sent back to Rangers never to be seen again.

However he definitely positively impacted the first half of matches, creating decent opportunities a few times a game. He was most effective going outside on the left which was quite surprising, and tended to hold his position quite wide (most likely a tactical instruction so might not happen at Falkirk). Suppose other teams will have told their RB to not let him onto his right foot, but his crossing on his left foot was decent. Like I said, though, he'd mostly start brightly and completely fall out of second halves.