The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Was too young at us to tell, Liverpool snapped him up at 17 after he'd had a fair few dodgy performances in our first team. I think the fact St Johnstone only just signed him last summer and are now papping him out on loan tells you all you need to know. 

He was fine for us until he fractured his leg.

Would be surprised if we let him go considering the alternatives at wing back are an injured Callum Booth and a Celtic kid on loan who has no idea how to defend, neither of whom have looked better than Gallagher in the past year, but Callum Davidson gonna Callum Davidson. 

Remarkably, the outpouring of satisfaction from last night’s result has really surprised me. Not beating Hibs, but fans across most media sites in complete unison with the attitude, desire and willingness to get stuck in after the appalling efforts of the past few years.

That now “tackle” has rejuvenated/reignited the support and sincerely hope this is the turning point.

I’ve missed the past few games with hols, but I do have worries when posters are putting guys like Hetherington, and McKay up for MOTM. The real season starts when we start our first league game.

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Yes , the club should be provide a list of sanctioned chants and shouts that you are allowed for every club we play. 

Clearly you can’t call Hibs gay, is “AIDS Ridden” allowed? is “your HIV ha ha” allowed? 
Are Aberdeen and other northern teams allowed to be called Sheepshaggers? If that chant is allowed then why is the <insert  Asian Footballer> ate my dog clearly an abomination?
Will the club be playing duelling banjos when announcing the Dunfermline team this season? If the club can accuse our rivals of being incestuous red necks over the PA system. What kind of chants can the fans use?

Will the old guys in front of me be arrested and face banning orders for saying fitba “Is a bloody man’s game” after a soft challenge results in free kick. These old guys also often call players Jessie’s,  Big Girls blouses and nanny goats - In total disregard to gender equality policies. 

I look forward to reading the politically correct chants and shouts that are sanctioned by the club. 

Well my friend, the world is an entirely different place now. Words and phrases which were either intended to cause offence (which in my experience was never the case) or were just 'what was said' are now not acceptable.

I completely endorse those who feel, and have personally felt, that such wording was hurtful or degrading although, and I hate to have to say it,  I do think that there are some people who use it as a convenient ally to their own agendas. (I've experienced racist abuse myself).

I personally think that all people are equal, no matter colour or creed. Why the f**k can people not just accept that? I've just come from the excellent film 'Elvis' where some arsehole governor was claiming that The Man was dividing the country by fraternising with the coloureds!! He just liked the music FFS. The guy who was calling him out was a far, far bigger bigot than the guy he was accusing!! 

Anyway, COYB!!

Edited by ShaggerG

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Remarkably, the outpouring of satisfaction from last night’s result has really surprised me. Not beating Hibs, but fans across most media sites in complete unison with the attitude, desire and willingness to get stuck in after the appalling efforts of the past few years.

That now “tackle” has rejuvenated/reignited the support and sincerely hope this is the turning point.

I’ve missed the past few games with hols, but I do have worries when posters are putting guys like Hetherington, and McKay up for MOTM. The real season starts when we start our first league game.

The real season started on Saturday, the last 2 results could be the difference between signing a striker or not. The league starts 4 games after the season starts. Thats the approach we should always take.

They did play well last night. But for a full season they were fucking dugmeat n never tried a leg and stole a wage that shouldn't be forgotten. For that reason there's a few I wouldnt be sad to see the back of. McGlynn looks to be hamstrung and will have to make do but seems to be making the best of what he has so far. Theres still some ringers in that squad. 

6 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

What's wrong with quickly acknowledging that they played well? If you're quick to acknowledge when they've had a stinker then most people are fair enough minded to issue praise where it is deserved. 

With respect I have no issues with acknowledging any player that gives it their all, as they should do every time they pull on the NB. My concern (and maybe anger) will be if these players continue to perform consistently at a much improved level once the league starts.
These players were absolutely appalling last season and clear they couldn’t give two f….s. 

Absolutely hope we can now get through as winners of the group, and no doubt some cash we didn’t expect. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

With respect I have no issues with acknowledging any player that gives it their all, as they should do every time they pull on the NB. My concern (and maybe anger) will be if these players continue to perform consistently at a much improved level once the league starts.
These players were absolutely appalling last season and clear they couldn’t give two f….s. 

Absolutely hope we can now get through as winners of the group, and no doubt some cash we didn’t expect. 

I guess generously you could say some players are less self sufficient and need more direction.

They definitely weren't getting that from the two joke managers last season so maybe some real coaching and 'right, this is your job..' direction is bringing out more from them.

As others have said though one swallow doesn't make a summer. If McKay and others are still performing well in November we'll know that is true.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I guess generously you could say some players are less self sufficient and need more direction.

They definitely weren't getting that from the two joke managers last season so maybe some real coaching and 'right, this is your job..' direction is bringing out more from them.

As others have said though one swallow doesn't make a summer. If McKay and others are still performing well in November we'll know that is true.

Don't know about anybody else but one swallow would go a long way to making my summer.

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

Aye takes me back to when Alex Harris had a couple of decent games in preseason and people were saying how great he was going to be and lo and behold the season started and he was shite.  Hopefully these guys have turned a corner though and a manager that doesn't allow players to take it far too easy is getting everything he can out of them.

28 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

TBF to big Brad, I think he's the type of player who probably performs a bit better when the game's 'in his face' because all he needs to think about is getting the ball away to f**k out of the way. The problems start when he's got time and space to think about what he's going to do next IMO.

Aye takes me back to when Alex Harris had a couple of decent games in preseason and people were saying how great he was going to be and lo and behold the season started and he was shite.  Hopefully these guys have turned a corner though and a manager that doesn't allow players to take it far too easy is getting everything he can out of them.

Did anyone actually say Harris was great, at any point? All I remember is people saying it was another lazy signing and weren’t overly enamoured by it. Happy to be proven wrong though.

33 minutes ago, Trump said:

Did anyone actually say Harris was great, at any point? All I remember is people saying it was another lazy signing and weren’t overly enamoured by it. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I don't remember anyone acclaiming his signing either, at best it was a 'meh' signing, or at least that's what I remember about it. I do remember Shadwell in particular saying that he was shite before he'd kicked a ball for us. I didn't agree with him at the time because I believe everyone who plays for Falkirk should at least be given the chance to prove that he's good, bad or indifferent but, as it turned out, he was right on the money.

Anyone know what's happened to Shadwell btw? He hasn't posted for ages, hope he's ok.