The Falkirk FC Thread

Group stage 4th place: £23,250

Group stage 3rd place: £25,000

5 worst runners up: £29,000

2nd round losers: £50,000

Quarter-final losers: £80,000

Semi-final losers: £110,000

Runner up: £160,000

Looked like a huge difference in the team's attitude last night, actually battling in the game, can only hope it's the beginning of a better/successful season. If we can win the group the extra money could make the difference as we're still short up front and as a squad. Maybe one or two of the younger players might break through as this would help as well. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

50k prize money if we win the group. Slightly less than that if we were to qualify as one of the best second placed teams.

It’s £50k for the loser of the next round so £50k minimum regardless of how you qualify. 

57 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I got this wrong before. We get 20k for taking part in this round and another 20k if we qualify for the next. 15k for tv. 

and we might be seeded as one of the top teams if we win both next games although financially a Glasgow derby team would make us more dosh. 

i got those figures from an official source so they are correct. I said 50k before in a post a few weeks ago. Sorry. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/premier-sports-cup-prize-money-27345576.amp

Group stage 4th place: £23,250

Group stage 3rd place: £25,000

5 worst runners up: £29,000

2nd round losers: £50,000

Quarter-final losers: £80,000

Semi-final losers: £110,000

Runner up: £160,000

What will we get when we win it.[emoji3]

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do Partick act as a development club for Rangers ? The amount of loans Partick take from Rangers is massive. 

This came up before..they train on pitches next to each other, share same facilities,  it suits sevco, and Partick, as they only have to look over a hedge to check on a player of theirs who's on loan. 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Me too.

One of my former business partners played for them, Alan Nelson.

Also, a chap I play bridge with, David Boyack, I think was a former player.

Of course there was the legendary Jimmy Jack who always crucified us, then we signed him and he was hopeless.

David Boyack’s sons were very good footballers.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but Morrison taking that wild shot in the 93rd minute rather than just keeping it in the corner was one of the most pea brained things I've seen in a long time. Very nearly cost us with Doidge missing the one on one directly from the subsequent goal kick.

So was that our hoodoo broken? Was that our first win over a bona fide 100% full time team since beating RC in a game that meant nothing to them as they were already champions.

When we have (rarely) beaten Airdrie, I am not sure if they were 100% full time.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So was that our hoodoo broken? Was that our first win over a bona fide 100% full time team since beating RC in a game that meant nothing to them as they were already champions.

When we have (rarely) beaten Airdrie, I am not sure if they were 100% full time.

Believe Airdrie still had some part time players last season but majority were fulltime.