The Falkirk FC Thread

If you are a Fss member you should get a mailing today with link for tickets for the meeting with John and Paul later this month. Tickets are going quickly already. It free with a pay bar in behind the goals. 

if you are a member and don’t get it please contact FSS via the website. 

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Just watched the highlights and remain very confused regarding Nesbitt's second 'goal'. He certainly wasn't offside so I can only assume that Morrison was flagged following the initial pass from Hetherington. I did my best to freeze the frame when the pass was played and he didn't look offside to me at that point either! It was certainly very tight (based on the Hibs defenders that were actually in the frame at the time) but the big lad with the hair looked to be playing him on to me.

We rode our luck big time toward the end but Hibs can only have themselves to blame for fannying about for so long. You make your own luck in this game and I felt we deserved any luck that was going TBH. I got the impression that Hibs thought that all they had to do was turn up, so f**k them!!

If I was being ultra critical I would say that I'm not too convinced by the goalie and Mackie played the ball forward to nobody at least half a dozen times in the 2nd half, resulting in the ball coming straight back at us. That said, because we were defending so deeply, there was only really Oliver up there so I'll give him a pass on that one.

All in all, a great performance and result and, as Hetherington and McGlynn say, we need to keep our eye on the ball and ensure that we don't f**k it up next week! 

I was screaming at that decision but premier sports showed it back at a better angle and Morrison was a mile off when the initial pass was played.

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly absolutely loved that, blood and thunder proper cup tie, everything good about football in that game last night  

Me as a complete neutral (who tbf has a lot of respect for McGlynn and a dislike of Rocky Bushiri and Ryan Porteous) 

After Finn Yeats first clearance off line - Fucking brilliant you 

After the one he scooped off the line - unbelievable again you, fuckin superb!!!!! 

after Brad MacKay clears it at the very last kick of the game - FKN YASSSSSSS COME ON THE FKN FALKIRK

Was nearly aff my seat 😂😂 

Always liked Arbroath

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly absolutely loved that, blood and thunder proper cup tie, everything good about football in that game last night  

Me as a complete neutral (who tbf has a lot of respect for McGlynn and a dislike of Rocky Bushiri and Ryan Porteous) 

After the one he scooped off the line - unbelievable again you, fuckin superb!!!!! 

after Brad MacKay clears it at the very last kick of the game - FKN YASSSSSSS COME ON THE FKN FALKIRK

It's only £245 for a season ticket and for £10 a month you can join our supporters society to help make Falkirk great again!

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's only £245 for a season ticket and for £10 a month you can join our supporters society to help make Falkirk great again!

Sorry mate I wish you all the best but I’m spending my £240 this season on MAGA 

Maintaining Arbroaths Greatness Again 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Put me in the mood for smokies for my dinner.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Just watched the highlights and remain very confused regarding Nesbitt's second 'goal'. He certainly wasn't offside so I can only assume that Morrison was flagged following the initial pass from Hetherington. I did my best to freeze the frame when the pass was played and he didn't look offside to me at that point either! It was certainly very tight (based on the Hibs defenders that were actually in the frame at the time) but the big lad with the hair looked to be playing him on to me.

We rode our luck big time toward the end but Hibs can only have themselves to blame for fannying about for so long. You make your own luck in this game and I felt we deserved any luck that was going TBH. I got the impression that Hibs thought that all they had to do was turn up, so f**k them!!

If I was being ultra critical I would say that I'm not too convinced by the goalie and Mackie played the ball forward to nobody at least half a dozen times in the 2nd half, resulting in the ball coming straight back at us. That said, because we were defending so deeply, there was only really Oliver up there so I'll give him a pass on that one.

All in all, a great performance and result and, as Hetherington and McGlynn say, we need to keep our eye on the ball and ensure that we don't f**k it up next week! 

Falkirk v Hibs has been a good games going back to the Ricky McFarlane Eddie Turnbull teams. The only time they warer not a good watch was the Bertie Auld era.

Remember the Hibs game at Brockville when Willie Cunningham turned down the Scotland Job - what a night.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m I correct in thinking if we qualify for the league cup 2nd round we get £50k share of prize money and also got £17k for TV money last night ?

I'd also hazard a guess that we would be on tv again given we'd be one of the lowest ranked teams left after the groups. Not certain but there is a good chance.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Could see Morrison was a mile off from where I was sat in the KM stand, but can be seen pretty clearly here as well.image.thumb.png.e69f30bf8e36c1d04d8fa6ebebb335c6.png

See, if he's off, he's off but I don't think that frame shows that conclusively. Look at the defender's body position. It's marginal I would say, given that we're not seeing it side on.  Doesn't matter anyway as it turns out. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m I correct in thinking if we qualify for the league cup 2nd round we get £50k share of prize money and also got £17k for TV money last night ?

50k prize money if we win the group. Slightly less than that if we were to qualify as one of the best second placed teams.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

See, if he's off, he's off but I don't think that frame shows that conclusively. Look at the defender's body position. It's marginal I would say, given that we're not seeing it side on.  Doesn't matter anyway as it turns out. 

When the TV showed it from the other side of the pitch CM was well off.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Always liked Arbroath

Me too.

One of my former business partners played for them, Alan Nelson.

Also, a chap I play bridge with, David Boyack, I think was a former player.

Of course there was the legendary Jimmy Jack who always crucified us, then we signed him and he was hopeless.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I got this wrong before. We get 20k for taking part in this round and another 20k if we qualify for the next. 15k for tv. 

and we might be seeded as one of the top teams if we win both next games although financially a Glasgow derby team would make us more dosh. 

i got those figures from an official source so they are correct. I said 50k before in a post a few weeks ago. Sorry. 

Edited by Roboccop

8 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I got this wrong before. We get 20k for taking part in this round and another 20k if we qualify for the next. 15k for tv. 

and we might be seeded as one of the top teams if we win both next games although financially a Glasgow derby team would make us more dosh. 

i got those figures from an official source so they are correct. I said 50k before in a post a few weeks ago. Sorry. 

Can you confirm your source please - you have 30 seconds to comply.