The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuinely don't want to get carried away but it's really really hard. Hope this isn't a one off and we can keep up the intensity and hard work all season. 

Hopefully we can get a couple more results in the cup and allow McGlynn to bring in a few more players.

Big Sean Mackie btw 

If we had brought in a kid like Yeats into the team over the last few seasons he would have been slaughtered on the pitch, that to me also shows the difference already.

I'm hoping a good start also helps us in the loan market, as I’m sure for most teams it wouldn’t have been a clamour to send to our place.

It's the kind of result and performance that will make players want to come play for us, the way we played football was brilliant. One of my favourite parts about last night was the amount of times players tried to turn McGinn only to be bounced back 5 yards from where they came.

Two strikers, one centre midfielder, a winger and a versatile defender at least until January please Mr McGlynn.

Have said it previously but really really like Mackie as the left sided centre half, maybe unfair based on one 90 minutes but I think McCann is the better fullback between the two and Mackie suits being allowed to step into midfield. That tackle anaw btw.

Currently I think the team we seen last night is our best, I'd like to see it continue but given Donaldson is still to come back from injury and Henderson suspension I don't think it will.

Hetherington was absolutely brilliant last night, by far and away his best game in a Falkirk top. The role  he was playing last night suits him far more than the role he was playing last season. Pleasing.

12 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Have said it previously but really really like Mackie as the left sided centre half, maybe unfair based on one 90 minutes but I think McCann is the better fullback between the two and Mackie suits being allowed to step into midfield. That tackle anaw btw.

Currently I think the team we seen last night is our best, I'd like to see it continue but given Donaldson is still to come back from injury and Henderson suspension I don't think it will.

Hetherington was absolutely brilliant last night, by far and away his best game in a Falkirk top. The role  he was playing last night suits him far more than the role he was playing last season. Pleasing.

See Henderson can play in the middle of the park so I wouldn't be adverse to that. Need to find a way of getting all our better players on the park at the same time, Mccann showed last night what me and @ShaggerG have been raving about like lunatics for the last few months.

Edited by FFC 1876

14 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I missed that as I had gone to the toilet. Heard the roar and genuinely thought we had scored, came back and there's a hibs player on his back on the ground. From what I heard he nailed the boy? 

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

I missed that as I had gone to the toilet. Heard the roar and genuinely thought we had scored, came back and there's a hibs player on his back on the ground. From what I heard he nailed the boy? 

Just for you FK

2 hours ago, Massimo said:

Sounds like the tip-of-the-iceberg.

Unpaid wages and threatening legal action against Livingston and Falkirk. 

Also appears Ardeer Thistle rejected his proposed takeover at their AGM. Thankfully this has come to a head before a community potentially lost their club.

See Henderson can play in the middle of the park so I wouldn't be adverse to that. Need to find a way of getting all our better players on the park at the same time, Mccann showed last night what me and [mention=949]ShaggerG[/mention] have been raving about like lunatics for the last few months.
I understand what your saying about getting all our best players on the pitch at the same time but I'd honestly rather have a decent formation/system in place and having the best players that suit that system playing.
No point in shoehorning players into positions they're not suited/comfortable with or changing our system just to get all our 'better' players on the park at the same time.

Just to echo everyone else’s thoughts, that really was a performance that none of us expected. Not worth dwelling on, but it does beg the question of what the hell were Sheerin and Rennie doing?

That performance last night from half a dozen of last season’s squad has made it crystal clear just how far out of their depth the pair of them really were in terms of set up, team selection and man management.

Congrats to the management team and players. That certainly was a wee bit special……..especially given how long it is since we’ve seen anything as good as that.

Guest FFC1965

Weve been waiting for that kind of performance and result for a while.  

im really chuffed for the likes of McKay, Hetherington, Nesbitt, McCann & Morrison, the lads who were there last year.  

if we can put in performances that are anywhere close to that last night we will be fine this season. 

Optimism - a new feeling!! 

23 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Weve been waiting for that kind of performance and result for a while.  

im really chuffed for the likes of McKay, Hetherington, Nesbitt, McCann & Morrison, the lads who were there last year.  

if we can put in performances that are anywhere close to that last night we will be fine this season. 

Optimism - a new feeling!! 

Yes and no.

Still missing the final piece of the jigsaw - a striker.

Last Piece Of Jigsaw Puzzle. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image.  Image 31573873.

Guest Ecosse83

I reckon we will still add 3 or 4 to the squad in the coming weeks, especially if we get out of the group into the knock out stages. 

54 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just to echo everyone else’s thoughts, that really was a performance that none of us expected. Not worth dwelling on, but it does beg the question of what the hell were Sheerin and Rennie doing?

That performance last night from half a dozen of last season’s squad has made it crystal clear just how far out of their depth the pair of them really were in terms of set up, team selection and man management.

Congrats to the management team and players. That certainly was a wee bit special……..especially given how long it is since we’ve seen anything as good as that.

Been saying for the last couple of months that last season's contracted failures should be given a chance and a fresh start and a few might just surprise and got a pile on for my efforts.

Wonder what they think now ? suspect the silence will say more than words. 

Just watched the highlights and remain very confused regarding Nesbitt's second 'goal'. He certainly wasn't offside so I can only assume that Morrison was flagged following the initial pass from Hetherington. I did my best to freeze the frame when the pass was played and he didn't look offside to me at that point either! It was certainly very tight (based on the Hibs defenders that were actually in the frame at the time) but the big lad with the hair looked to be playing him on to me.

We rode our luck big time toward the end but Hibs can only have themselves to blame for fannying about for so long. You make your own luck in this game and I felt we deserved any luck that was going TBH. I got the impression that Hibs thought that all they had to do was turn up, so f**k them!!

If I was being ultra critical I would say that I'm not too convinced by the goalie and Mackie played the ball forward to nobody at least half a dozen times in the 2nd half, resulting in the ball coming straight back at us. That said, because we were defending so deeply, there was only really Oliver up there so I'll give him a pass on that one.

All in all, a great performance and result and, as Hetherington and McGlynn say, we need to keep our eye on the ball and ensure that we don't f**k it up next week!