The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve been rightly very, very critical of McKay and Hetherington in the past but fair play to them looked like different players tonight.

Will help the cause greatly if at least some of last years failures step up and start to justify their contracts.

Well done to the entire team tonight.

McGinn's a class act, Hetherington was great as was McCann. Having said that, there really were no failures at all. Yeats plays beyond his years, McKay :oand Mackie were very good and I thought Oliver put himself about more than in previous games.

We are though, as we all know, very short up front. If we can generate some cash to get a striker or two in for the start of the league games we should be in quite a good place.

Other than the Stranraer friendly, tonight was the first game I've been to since the 3-2 Ross County game in 2019 as my son is starting to get into football now and I obviously want him to be a Falkirk fan like myself, his mum, both his grandfather's and various other great uncles etc. 

What a fantastic team performance tonight. While it's glaringly obvious we have next to nothing up top and the subs showed our lack of squad depth, nobody can complain about the effort, work rate and determination. Tonight is all we ask for in every game and its going to take a lot to beat us if we play like that more often than not.  

Can we wrap the "hibees are gay" shite please? 

I've been pretty impressed with Falkirk's signings so far. Morrison, Donaldson, Henderson and McGinn should be a much stronger spine than the last couple of seasons and it seems like even Brad McKay has strolled it so far under a much better manager. Everyone knows Falkirk need a striker but if you can bring a decent one in then you must be favourites for the league, especially when you consider you have the best manager. 

It's still early days of course and not every performance will be like that, I remember your fans and Sheerin's antics after beating Airdrie 2-1 at the start of last season, but is it fair to say that's the biggest win Falkirk have had in years? A great performance and an upset at home to a team where there's a bit of rivalry is exactly what you needed, especially after the nonsense that's been produced in that stadium recently. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGinn's a class act, Hetherington was great as was McCann. Having said that, there really were no failures at all. Yeats plays beyond his years, McKay :oand Mackie were very good and I thought Oliver put himself about more than in previous games.

We are though, as we all know, very short up front. If we can generate some cash to get a striker or two in for the start of the league games we should be in quite a good place.

Still think we need a bit more than two strikers, that bench was horrific and if we get the inevitable injuries/suspensions we will be very light. 

Wow. Best night at the stadium in a few years.

Outstanding first 45mins both defensively & in attack. Second 45mins we were everywhere to keep that ball out of the box & of the goal. Too many players to mention. 

Brilliant crowd of almost 4000 for a league cup tie, but for those who chose not to go, get your tickets bought for the Bonnyrigg & Clyde games. Players & management deserve it. Plus it’s all extra cash in the bank too while McGlynn can use it. 

Great to see the 1800 Hibs fans head home with the faces tripping them. Pleasing. 

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Wow. Best night at the stadium in a few years.

Outstanding first 45mins both defensively & in attack. Second 45mins we were everywhere to keep that ball out of the box & of the goal. Too many players to mention. 

Brilliant crowd of almost 4000 for a league cup tie, but for those who chose not to go, get your tickets bought for the Bonnyrigg & Clyde games. Players & management deserve it. Plus it’s all extra cash in the bank too while McGlynn can use it. 

Great to see the 1800 Hibs fans head home with the faces tripping them. Pleasing. 

Question for you Falkirk fans......    Are Falkirk now back ...😛😛😛😛

See you c***s at he Excelsior in 3 weeks..

Hetherington was my MOTM tonight. He’s took some amount of stick from me and everyone else (quite rightly btw) but he like everyone else was outstanding. McKay again, was excellent. Where has he been? Defensively I think we are sound with who we have currently with Henderson, Donaldson, Williamson and Watson to come back in. I could go through the full team but that’s what we’ve missed. Heart, desire and application. Let’s just hope this is us turning a corner. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

Good to see all the positives after returning from hols. Catching up on players/managers interviews and we’ve went from howling last game to outstanding in a few days.
Didn’t see the game but from comments like “ best we’ve played in four years” is really pleasing to say the least.

For me we’re critically short of at least two still, and hope that the players who downed tools last season and who I've criticised make me eat my words, only to happy to……..

McGlynn knows this division and looks like he’s already got you playing the kind of football that got us positive comments.

Will always be regarded as the best manager we’ve had since Jimmy Nicol in the 90’s by the vast majority of our fans. 

That was fun - fairly standard Falkirk vs Hibs theatre. Didn’t see that coming really. Similar levels of organisation to Saturday but just up a gear in pretty much every way.

Everyone in the team put in a shift and you could easily praise all of them one by one.  Wee Leon McCann was brilliant I thought. He was absolutely everywhere from start to finish. Morrison also did well, not just offensively but defensively. Absolutely busting a gut to get back and help the team defend. 

Reality is that it’s a league cup group game and we still have two games to go, and it would be classic Falkirk to go make a mess of things against Clyde or Bonnyrigg, but it felt great to have something positive on the park for the first time in about 3 years.   

Thing is.. fans get a lot of stick for not knowing the game, by arseholes 'in football'.

We do. Much better than they think.

The reason we were utterly unimpressed by the likes of Sheerin and Rennie from the second they were announced is because we knew they'd likely be fucking shit. Don't care how many powerpoints they produced or 'be the best version of yourself' books they've read - it screamed bad appointment. 

The reason we were so positive about McGlynn from day one is that we knew he had it. Exactly the right man for the job and immediately gave you confidence we would be well coached and organised.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

After being in hospital for 5 days that was just the medicine I needed to cheer me up,we had fight we had desire,I feared the worse when Nesbitt missed but he never let his head drop and that showed.

What a difference when we have a manager who can actually coach players,we may not have the best squad yet but last night we had hopefully the start of something we all need.

A team of winners.