The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

How much is qualifying from the groups worth? Could mean an extra player or 2 of its worth a few quid as long as we don’t Hibs it! 

Edited by Ecosse83

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Steven Hetherington. Take a bow my son. On that note Finn Yeats, Brad McKay, Leon McCann, Sean Mackie and PJ Morrison are conceding 0 goals this season.

We told you there was a player in there , makes you think about the past  management and how they played them .

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
FSS get that John McGlynn video reposted again tonight...

Really! He is certainly not a media star

Maybe not,  but it certainly looks like he’s a football manager which is what matters. 

Under Cones or Rennie we'd have been scudded 4/5-0 and they'd have scratched their head and said shite like "I thought we passed the ball about well" "room for optimism" etc. McGlynn might not be as comfortable in front of a camera but by f**k it just shows you the massive difference actually having someone who can set up a team makes. I'm also confident that he won't let the players get too ahead of themselves as fans should try similar - hiccups and bad results will still come along the way and there is still major work to do be done on the squad. But for the first time in about 4 or 5 years, we've got a guy who knows what he is doing. 

What I would say about tonight is alongside the massive difference in tactics which shows we have a much better coach and manager in Smith and McGlynn the effort, application and commitment from every player shows they are also very good and respected leaders which is really important for the position we are in. Great stuff and plenty positives all round.

Maybe not,  but it certainly looks like he’s a football manager which is what matters. 
i dont give a hoot if he is not media friendly as long as he can give us repeats of tonights performance on league duty. Never been as excited by a Falkirk performance for several seasons. He looked angry after the Morten game and now we see why. Thats what the team can produce

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What I would say about tonight is alongside the massive difference in tactics which shows we have a much better coach and manager in Smith and McGlynn the effort, application and commitment from every player shows they are also very good and respected leaders which is really important for the position we are in. Great stuff and plenty positives all round.

Totally concur

McGinn - solid

Mackie - bit of bite and composure 

Yeats - bags of potential. Would like to see him further up the park 

McCann - always liked so good to see him doing well McGuffie ditto

Morrison and Nesbitt - no socks left, they ran them off

the rest thanks, looking like a team, they all dug in

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. McGinn my MotM but everyone played well, even McKay and Hetherington who rightly took huge criticism last season. A couple of good additions in the forward areas and it may be time to all hail super John McGlynn and his Promotion Express.