The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Forgive me but it does seem like there is confusion as to the purpose of the FSS.

The contributions are to have more say in how the club is run and gain more involvement in the decision making - and future direction of the club - by buying shares. 

It's not to sustain the clubs cashflow as supporters are already doing that with season tickets, match tickets and retail alongside the wider sponsorship deals the club has.

I think it’s a bit of both, when/if the FSS reaches its target of 26% looking forward longer term I presume the money raised will still be re-invested in the club in some other way than the purchase of shares. Not to bankroll the full club operation as such but certainly to provide an extra income stream that would give us a competitive advantage, ideally with the members being canvased on how money raised each year should be spent. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Weston was one I was really hoping we could get in on loan so that's a bit of a blow. Scored for fun in the LL and seems to be really highly rated.

We're in a tough position in some ways but I feel like there's loads of players I'd been hopeful of signing that have either gone to clubs around us (eg Ballantyne), clubs up a league (eg Easton, Weston, Brown) or re-signed with their current clubs (eg Frizzel).

I'm hoping a few players get freed up for loans as clubs further up the chain complete their business. Our squad is really thin atm - tonight it's basically 11 players who can start, a sub keeper, Wilson and bunch of weans. Hopefully we don't panic and sign any old dross but we're going to have to twist at some stage.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Weston was one I was really hoping we could get in on loan so that's a bit of a blow. Scored for fun in the LL and seems to be really highly rated.

We're in a tough position in some ways but I feel like there's loads of players I'd been hopeful of signing that have either gone to clubs around us (eg Ballantyne), clubs up a league (eg Easton, Weston, Brown) or re-signed with their current clubs (eg Frizzel).

I'm hoping a few players get freed up for loans as clubs further up the chain complete their business. Our squad is really thin atm - tonight it's basically 11 players who can start, a sub keeper, Wilson and bunch of weans. Hopefully we don't panic and sign any old dross but we're going to have to twist at some stage.

Sevco loaning to Partick is inevitable unfortunately and losing out on Savoury to money bags Queens Park is another major blow as he looks like a right good player.

There'll be plenty of options for loans becoming available as the months go on, just down to McGlynn to try find a DKD/Rudden/McManus as opposed to a De Vita/Jarvis/Haber.

We need an energetic midfielder and two strikers as a bare minimum. Cole Mckinnon was obviously mentioned earlier in the month but the reality is if Mccall wants him he'll be Partick bound. 

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

With regards to fan ownership is there any reason the club isn’t actively offering shares deals to fans? I know a few had the chance to buy some over a year ago but it didn’t appear to be widely advertised.  

Think the FSS is a great concept and hope more sign up but fan ownership can also be as simple as getting more fans to buy shares.

If we got 500 fans to buy £500 worth then that’s an extra £250,000 of investment to the club and another 625,000 shares held by fans. Likewise if you got 1,000 fans to buy £250 worth. 

The patrons done a brilliant job of creating a group of 20 odd people that created over £200,000 of new money and are represented by 2 positions on the board. Not many can afford a £10,000 buy in, however I’m sure many would pay similar in a different structure. We’re missing the third leg of the stool now with the Rawlins absent so is there room for another structure or would that cause too much chaos? 

Absolutely spot on. The club should be targeting folks looking to buy shares in £ 500 lumps for themselves and not via FSS

22 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Absolutely spot on. The club should be targeting folks looking to buy shares in £ 500 lumps for themselves and not via FSS

Anyone can buy shares in the club. The club can’t market that fact openly though, for legal reasons.  But there’s nothing stopping you sending them a £500 cheque asking for shares. 

28 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

There are still unsold shares available for this at minimum purchase of £400, I don’t think the club can actively advertise the sale of shares (something to do with company law) but they most definitely welcome any fan wanting to invest. If you are interested email the club and get in touch with Gordon Wright who I think deals with that side of things. Although for what it’s worth I do think the FSS is a better mechanism as it allows a large block of shares to be controlled by the fans giving us a real influence, where as individuals with tiny shareholdings really cant have a proper influence other than being able to attend the AGM and ask questions. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There are still unsold shares available for this at minimum purchase of £400, I don’t think the club can actively advertise the sale of shares (something to do with company law) but they most definitely welcome any fan wanting to invest. If you are interested email the club and get in touch with Gordon Wright who I think deals with that side of things. 

Yes, that’s spot on.

I bought my son the minimum purchase, as you say, for a present.

Gordon Wright issues the certificate.

Guest FFC1965

One of the barriers to me investing more individually is the asking price of 40p a share.  

Remember that the initial patrons proposal https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FFC-Fan-Ownership-QA.pdf - January 2019 so before relegation to L1 - was based on 33p a share.  How much value has been destroyed since then?  A lot.   

I get the fact that shares in Falkirk FC are something of an illiquid asset and putting money into a football club is at least as much a donation made from the heart than it is hard nosed investment.  However if you factor in the series of financial calamities since the initial patrons proposal then 40p a share really is fantasy land stuff.    

12-1🤔😳.

15-1 with one of the "Incorporated in Tajikistan" online firms.

I ken Spoonburners are sure the new gaffer's Jock Stein reincarnated. After a few bounce games and tanking Clyde.

But 12-1. 

Not saying it's worth having a day's wages on to pay for a fortnight's holiday.

But 12-1🤔.

That's almost as tempting as it's insulting.

8 minutes ago, Syme said:

12-1🤔😳.

15-1 with one of the "Incorporated in Tajikistan" online firms.

I ken Spoonburners are sure the new gaffer's Jock Stein reincarnated. After a few bounce games and tanking Clyde.

But 12-1. 

Not saying it's worth having a day's wages on to pay for a fortnight's holiday.

But 12-1🤔.

That's almost as tempting as it's insulting.

They obviously don't know we only have Gary Oliver and Jaime Wilson as options upfront as well as Mckay & Hetherington starting or it would be much higher. 3-0 Hibs

53 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

One of the barriers to me investing more individually is the asking price of 40p a share.  

Remember that the initial patrons proposal https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FFC-Fan-Ownership-QA.pdf - January 2019 so before relegation to L1 - was based on 33p a share.  How much value has been destroyed since then?  A lot.   

I get the fact that shares in Falkirk FC are something of an illiquid asset and putting money into a football club is at least as much a donation made from the heart than it is hard nosed investment.  However if you factor in the series of financial calamities since the initial patrons proposal then 40p a share really is fantasy land stuff.    

40p a share is the price that the Rawlins bought in at, the share issue was set up around those same terms as part of the “three legged stool” idea. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There are still unsold shares available for this at minimum purchase of £400, I don’t think the club can actively advertise the sale of shares (something to do with company law) but they most definitely welcome any fan wanting to invest. If you are interested email the club and get in touch with Gordon Wright who I think deals with that side of things. Although for what it’s worth I do think the FSS is a better mechanism as it allows a large block of shares to be controlled by the fans giving us a real influence, where as individuals with tiny shareholdings really cant have a proper influence other than being able to attend the AGM and ask questions. 

There must be work around whereby the FSS or simply a fan can advertise them? Thats effectively being done now however a driven approach outside the club to market it could be a lot more successful at selling them and create more investment. Maybe could be done even within the FSS!?

If all FSS members bought £250 worth of shares for instance then it would continue to build the fan ownership model albeit without adding to the FSS pot. Just a means in which to boost finance and put more shares amongst fans. 

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

Can the club reduce the price?

Wouldn’t change much other than the FSS or others getting more bang for their buck and as you say it shouldn’t be unexpected given the current circumstances. As you say too it might appeal more to people getting X number more shares for their £500 or whatever it may be.