The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Roboccop said:
18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Cant imagine that FSS will have zero cost

The only costs of significance so far our payments to the web designerwhich are kept to a minimum else no one on the committee has asked for any expenses. I cannot think of any significant amount being spent.

What about transaction costs, e.g PayPal?

Fair enough, if FSS receives £10 for every £10 donated, fantastic.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Cash prizes would be to draw people in and encourage them to sign up. 

We should probably be thinking about some incentives to help increase FSS membership.  E.g a referral scheme where a free season ticket is up for grabs at year end or a day in hospitality etc, not guaranteed cash prizes every month but one offs to try to push the numbers up.    

Good idea.

35 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Cash prizes would be to draw people in and encourage them to sign up. 

We should probably be thinking about some incentives to help increase FSS membership.  E.g a referral scheme where a free season ticket is up for grabs at year end or a day in hospitality etc, not guaranteed cash prizes every month but one offs to try to push the numbers up.    

Membership linked to club merchandise is another idea I would explore 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

David Lapsley did a fantastic job and BfL gave £61k to FFC with the balance shortly to be given over.

Don't blame him for packing in after all the shit that was fired at him on here by FSS people.

I don't think that's entirely fair, the only shit I saw him get on here were from people who donate to B4L and were angry about him just blurting out at the AGM where the money was going as if it was his own personal pot.

It's been a great initiative over the years and everyone involved should be extremely proud of that. Hopefully the majority of the members do as you have done and redirect their contribution to FSS.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What about transaction costs, e.g PayPal?

Fair enough, if FSS receives £10 for every £10 donated, fantastic.

Yes Paypal take fees. That is pretty much unavoidable if we try to keep things easy to join and use online payment options. We also issue Standing Orders but they are tricky to stay on top of administratively as we get the info slowly from the bank.

23 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Yes Paypal take fees. That is pretty much unavoidable if we try to keep things easy to join and use online payment options. We also issue Standing Orders but they are tricky to stay on top of administratively as we get the info slowly from the bank.

Not correct.

You can check the bank online on a daily basis.

Guest FFC1965

Just received the email inviting nominations from FSS members. 

A really positive milestone for the club - OK its not a new signing but its more evidence of the solid foundations being built at our club - every week the shambles of the previous regime gets further and further in our past.    

As an aside I was down south at a wedding a couple of weeks ago speaking to a Scottish guy who works for FIFA.  I was heartened to hear somebody with an interest in the game but no FFC connection acknowledge the fact that the club is being turned around after the fiasco of recent years (yes he mentioned <that> Board FAQ which is now seared into the collective navy blue memory.)   

I swithered over putting my hat in the ring but i expect that its effectively a full time job, so maybe one for the future.

All the best to those who do put their name forward.   

COYB 

On 10/07/2022 at 11:55, GeordieBairn said:

Fair play to Brad McKay btw for all he was absolutely dire last season I think he’s been very solid so far in the 3 games i’ve seen him.

This will absolutely come back to bite me shortly.

Agreed, credit where credit is due. At least for now. 

Jaime Wilson though…. 🥴

It's important to remember, less than a year ago, our previous board were a short-lived meme due to their own incompetence & contempt for our fans. This was no fly on the wall, hidden cam exposè but a commissioned broadcast on their behalf, a statement of their authority.

We've already come on leaps & bounds but their abject failure will take some time to undo.

That’s because they actually believed that the things they said needed to be said, and in their world, the Q&A painted them in a positive light.

Even now, 9 months on, the rank stupidity of the video still makes me laugh.

55 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The club could donate a couple of hospitality places for a monthly members draw.

It’s a good idea & one of many being considered. Lots of ideas are being looked at as part of the fundraising planning ahead of the new season. What is working and not working at other similar sized clubs was part of the review also. 

Watch this space. 

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Membership linked to club merchandise is another idea I would explore 

Absolutely. Under review also as definitely works at a few of the clubs looked at for what good looks like. Win/win for the club. 

Struggling to get my head round the fact that people refuse to sign up to a scheme designed to support the club and inject cash on a monthly basis but would then be up for it if they suddenly had a 1 in 500 chance of winning a hospitality voucher. Missing the point I think 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Struggling to get my head round the fact that people refuse to sign up to a scheme designed to support the club and inject cash on a monthly basis but would then be up for it if they suddenly had a 1 in 500 chance of winning a hospitality voucher. Missing the point I think 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think that you are missing the point, the incentives / rewards being proposed are a way of interacting with and keeping FSS members engaged.

The low take up to date is probably more to do with a combination of wariness after the shambles of the past regimes and the hellish cost of living situation.

Its to be hoped that the encouraging take up of Season Tickets will lead to more coming on board with FSS.