The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s not a very minor issue imo when the new model was sold as 

“balanced ownership, where no single group has an overall majority and decisions must be made by collaboration and consensus.”

No one group is meant to have an overall majority and yet every angle director is a member of one group. Doesn’t add up to me.

No single group does have an overall majority, each set of directors are there to represent the respective fans groups(they are not in opposition to each other!) and are elected by the members of said groups. If fans have an issue with dual membership there are upcoming elections where they can vote for change. Like I’ve said I don’t have a problem with directors being members of both groups but for some reason you seem to so I’d suggest you vote to elect an alternative candidate if one puts themselves forward,  if a majority of fans feel the same way as you they can use there vote for change. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

16 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s a fair enough point, although I don’t have any particular issue with a potential director being a member of both groups a few obviously do. Perhaps in the upcoming elections candidates should be told to lay all that out in they’re  pre- election spiel to let fans have a fully informed vote. It is however a very minor issue, teething issues like this will be ironed out I’m sure as they new model progresses. 

They did. Did you read their statements?

9 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Fair play to Brad McKay btw for all he was absolutely dire last season I think he’s been very solid so far in the 3 games i’ve seen him.

This will absolutely come back to bite me shortly.

Reminds me of Johnny Flynn, looks semi competent for good chunks of the game then all of a sudden starts counting the clouds whilst his man drifts easily away from him.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm no defender of Brad Mckays time at Falkirk, but I think its pretty quickly going to become abundantly clear just how much difference a competent football manager makes. Not that we need much convincing having watched numerous players be fine pre and post Falkirk over recent years.

But hindsight is going to absolutely show times about a billion how terrible the last few managerial appointments have been. Sheerin and M&M in particular, with Rennie being close behind but had less of a chance than any of the others.

And also the reasons why Gary Holt should never ever work in football again.

Brad Mckay won't be a starter unless someone is out, but I am prepared to bet he does an adequate cover job until Paul Watson comes back and puts him down into 4th choice CB.

The player I am most worried about McGlynn not getting a competent starter out of but still seeing lots of game time is Williamson, given that I don't really want to see Finn Yeats shoved in there instead of midfield where he was presumably signed to play.

Paul told me last week he was hoping to be back for October.

7 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

They did. Did you read their statements?

I did, can’t recall them exactly now but as the dual membership thing was never an issue for me I’d probably never have picked up on it. As long as everything was disclosed before the vote then what is the problem? Don’t get what the fuss is about to be honest. Starting to seem like a solitary poster on here is for some reason trying to create an issue where there isn’t one. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Each to their own, but I’m against this false separation. Every board member is also an FSS member and, based on my interactions with them, utterly committed to seeing FSS work.

Patrons are just Falkirk fans willing and able to have given an extra £10k to the club last season, money that ultimately got us to the end of the season. And I’d wager that not one of them will ever see a penny of that back, while watching their investment dilute almost immediately.

There’s an election next week. Any member of FSS as of today can put themselves forward for election. We really welcome candidates standing up now. 

Yeah I don't think it is a massive issue just something that would be eventually preferable to me, I'm not going to go all pedromoutinho on this.

It makes sense that the type of person who has 10k+ in their back pocket has more time available to commit themselves to a directors role, thus more likely to put themselves forward for election.

Like I said, I'll give it another year or so (when I don't have a new born baby and a dissertation to write) and put myself forward and we can see what happens.

Guest Brockvillenomore
43 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

“balanced ownership, where no single group has an overall majority and decisions must be made by collaboration and consensus.”

No one group is meant to have an overall majority and yet every angle director is a member of one group. Doesn’t add up to me.

I know I put this up earlier but, as before you choose to ignore it.

This is a legal requirement that directors must adhere to.

If you feel that isn’t being adhered to, let the club know. Or tell us here. But if you have no evidence then just admit it’s an emotional reaction.

Here’s the full list  

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/being-a-company-director

889B2B9C-15FC-4CC7-8234-52F8D9EFD304.jpeghttps://www.gov.uk/guidance/being-a-company-director

Edited by Brockvillenomore

Brad McKay was better yesterday versus Brad McKay of last season, he also took his penalty well. But he was far from being solid with at least 3 occasions he kicked fresh air instead of the ball that could have been costly. I think he’ll be back up once both Donaldson & Henderson are available. Watson too to come back in Oct/Nov time. 

Whilst you could get reps who are in fss but not patrons  you'll struggle to get patrons reps who aren't members of fss I would think so one way or another your going to have a group with members on the bod over and above the group's reps. Wouldn't like to think that being a member of fss would stop a patron from being a rep surely.

Whilst you could get reps who are in fss but not patrons  you'll struggle to get patrons reps who aren't members of fss I would think so one way or another your going to have a group with members on the bod over and above the group's reps. Wouldn't like to think that being a member of fss would stop a patron from being a rep surely.
Think the time that would be involved in doing justice to the FSS director role will be a stumbling block for a lot of members. If you stand up to do this role then you MUST be prepared to give it your all.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me. In any organisation, you want people with diverse backgrounds and experience making decisions.

We have a situation where in theory there’s meant to be a 3 legged stool ownership model but in fact every one of those making key decisions is a member of one stool.

Members of the patrons group have effective total control of the club, which isn’t good for challenge or scrutiny.

So a Patron who has a successful business has the time and skill required to make a significant difference in your opinion can’t join the FSS or stand for election but some old duffer who cant read a p&l but wants a blazer to impress his mates can? Away and stop talking shite. 
Always one 

Not for me. In any organisation, you want people with diverse backgrounds and experience making decisions.

We have a situation where in theory there’s meant to be a 3 legged stool ownership model but in fact every one of those making key decisions is a member of one stool.

Members of the patrons group have effective total control of the club, which isn’t good for challenge or scrutiny.

Glaringly obvious from your posts you were either part of the past failed regimes that has taken us to our worst league finish since 1978  or you were a collaborator or sympathiser. Having a pop at folk trying to sort out this mess is tedious and petty. Get the feeling you want this new setup to fail, so inturn the club fails. There are some out there that bitter they'd accept that.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Looking at our challengers performances yesterday the match stats suggest Airdrie and Dunfermline battered their (albeit weaker) opposition.  QOS have to be disappointed with their result after a lot of positive noise from their fans and doesn't look like Kelty deserved anything more from their game v ICT. 

Kelty’s defence is pretty good for League One. Forster and O’Ware nearly kept out the final ICT front 3 of the day of Billy McKay, George Oakley and Danny MacKay (a 3 far better than anything they’ll face in the league). It was relentless in the last 15 minutes and we finally broke the deadlock but Forster in particular was ridiculous yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kelty’s defence is pretty good for League One. Forster and O’Ware nearly kept out the final ICT front 3 of the day of Billy McKay, George Oakley and Danny MacKay (a 3 far better than anything they’ll face in the league). It was relentless in the last 15 minutes and we finally broke the deadlock but Forster in particular was ridiculous yesterday. 

Becoming a personal trainer must have done him wonders as he looked absolutely ganting at Hibs and Dundee.

48 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
54 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Think the time that would be involved in doing justice to the FSS director role will be a stumbling block for a lot of members. If you stand up to do this role then you MUST be prepared to give it your all.

To be a director at FFC at present, you need to be able to devote about 3days per week to it at different times during the day or evening. For anyone in a demanding 9to 5 job it’s a non starter.

You probably need to be recently retired (in your 50’s)or have your own business(es) which allows you to devote the necessary time and effort.

Some business acumen is also necessary as the football world is full of sharks and charlatans.

Isn’t every Director a member of two groups? You could therefore claim any decision was made on behalf of the Patrons (which wouldn’t actually be true), or you could claim any decision was made on behalf of the FSS (which wouldn’t be true either).

We could all adopt a Machiavellian conspiracy that FSS is nothing more than an avenue for Patrons to get onto the Board by the back door, but that too would be untrue.

We shouldn’t see Patrons as some band of brothers with a few quid pulling the strings for their own personal benefit. It’s just not the case. They all want the same thing as every other fan…….and they will undoubtedly make mistakes along the way.

I would say they are available for anyone who wants to have a discussion. Yes, they have friends who are Falkirk fans…….because they were their friends long before these people became directors of the club. The truth is, the Patrons who are Directors are actually just Uber-volunteers. They have paid their £10k in order to be in a position where they can volunteer every hour that God gives them in pursuit of getting FFC back in the race. For that, they get no salary whatsoever. They get to hang around the Boardroom every couple of weeks being civil to whoever the Directors of the opposition happen to be, and I am sure that isn’t always great.

For the rest of the time, they will be concentrating on running the business, and leaving McGlynn and Smith to get on with the football side. 

2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Fair play to Brad McKay btw for all he was absolutely dire last season I think he’s been very solid so far in the 3 games i’ve seen him.

This will absolutely come back to bite me shortly.

Solid some of the time I agree in first half but three times he mistimed the bounce of the ball after break resulting in red card for his fellow defender, yellow card for himself & missed opportunity for Morton attacker in other instance.

Personally speaking he is a squad cover option at best like McCann & once others like Donaldson & Watson are fit don’t see him featuring much at All 

36 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

To be a director at FFC at present, you need to be able to devote about 3days per week to it at different times during the day or evening. For anyone in a demanding 9to 5 job it’s a non starter.

You probably need to be recently retired (in your 50’s)or have your own business(es) which allows you to devote the necessary time and effort.

Some business acumen is also necessary as the football world is full of sharks and charlatans.

I don’t think everyone in a demanding job should be broad brushed out of contention. That would be a helluva dismissal of some serious talent.