The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We won’t 

I think it’s really hard to say just now tbh as all the clubs are still building their squads. I would think that us, Dunfermline, QoS, Airdrie, Montrose and Kelty will all think they can finish in the playoffs.

We finished nearly 30 points behind Airdrie so that’s a huge gap to close and apparently they were very good yesterdy albeit vs a poor Cowdenbeath team. Montrose again were better than us last season although nowhere near as far ahead of us as Airdrie.

Dunfermline have a new manager and a massive turn around of players but started with a win yesterday and will look to build on their momentum vs Buckie during the week - winning builds confidence in my opinion which is never a bad thing and confidence is something Kelty won’t be short of after last season.

QoS are another side who were horrendous last season and will have a huge turn around of players.

Our first game vs Montrose is a real opportunity to see how much we’ve improved as we’d have lost that last season. Hopefully we’ll see 2 strikers, 2 midfielders and a right back arrive before then - I think our new defence will be just fine tbh.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think it’s really hard to say just now tbh as all the clubs are still building their squads. I would think that us, Dunfermline, QoS, Airdrie, Montrose and Kelty will all think they can finish in the playoffs.

We finished nearly 30 points behind Airdrie so that’s a huge gap to close and apparently they were very good yesterdy albeit vs a poor Cowdenbeath team. Montrose again were better than us last season although nowhere near as far ahead of us as Airdrie.

Dunfermline have a new manager and a massive turn around of players but started with a win yesterday and will look to build on their momentum vs Buckie during the week - winning builds confidence in my opinion which is never a bad thing and confidence is something Kelty won’t be short of after last season.

QoS are another side who were horrendous last season and will have a huge turn around of players.

Our first game vs Montrose is a real opportunity to see how much we’ve improved as we’d have lost that last season. Hopefully we’ll see 2 strikers, 2 midfielders and a right back arrive before then - I think our new defence will be just fine tbh.

Agree with most of this however I really can’t see us having 5 new players here in time for the Montrose game, possibly before the end of the transfer window but even at that it’s a push as I reckon we’d need to move at least one/possibly two out the door first. If we get the right players in I’m content to wait rather than jump at another Jamie Wilson type signing but the obvious risk is we may not have the squad ready in time ti start the season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Yeah  it's all speculation until we see the squad at end August.

Everyone knows we are miles short. And we also know we are going to be disappointed when the window shuts as we'll undoubtedly have way too much dross. 

I like McGlynn's reaction yesterday.  He'll be putting constant pressure on the board to do more I'm sure. He doesn't want his reputation to suffer and is a winner. 

The areas of concern in the squad are glaringly obvious - fingers crossed from me that we can pull a few rabbits from the hat. 

It's a shame now we have the first real manager in a long time we seem to have the least ability to overhaul the squad completely. 

14 hours ago, Russ said:

Can’t believe I forgot about Jaime Wilson. He’s actually done alright (for him) when he came on but clean through on goal 12 yards out and he tries to turn back emoji23.png

If this is the chance shown in the highlights then it appears his movement was to shield the ball, failing to do so, and the defender manages to toe it away.

If this is the chance shown in the highlights then it appears his movement was to shield the ball, failing to do so, and the defender manages to toe it away.

I dont think the highlights show it well.

At the time, he looked to check back for me.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Part of me thinks McGlynn put Wilson on yesterday to send a message to the board to say he needs more quality in the squad.

Part of you is talking pish respectfully 😂

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Part of me thinks McGlynn put Wilson on yesterday to send a message to the board to say he needs more quality in the squad.

It was that or a bet he made with his mates.

Signing Wilson might have been Holt's worst mistake. And that includes signing his son who isn't a footballer.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

40 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yeah  it's all speculation until we see the squad at end August.

Everyone knows we are miles short. And we also know we are going to be disappointed when the window shuts as we'll undoubtedly have way too much dross. 

I like McGlynn's reaction yesterday.  He'll be putting constant pressure on the board to do more I'm sure. He doesn't want his reputation to suffer and is a winner. 

The areas of concern in the squad are glaringly obvious - fingers crossed from me that we can pull a few rabbits from the hat. 

It's a shame now we have the first real manager in a long time we seem to have the least ability to overhaul the squad completely. 

Loan Market dosnt shut till 31st September i believe

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having seen Johns interviews I have a sense he has no problems expressing his views and wouldn’t need to do something like that. The weak links yesterday was the squad members he inherited, with the new additions showing up best. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Part of you is talking pish respectfully 😂

To be fair, he once stuck Dave McKay (centre back, now at QoS) up front against Montrose for Rovers to emphasise his lack of options there.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

To be fair, he once stuck Dave McKay (centre back, now at QoS) up front against Montrose for Rovers to emphasise his lack of options there.

I think the point I was making is the Board are well aware we need re-enforcements it didn’t need McGlynn to bring on Jamie Wilson to prove a point