The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It doesn’t really matter what he’s costing- all of our resources should be focused on bringing in quality to improve the first 11.

We have enough players as it is who should be on the bench at best without adding more youngsters.

To your first point - yes it does. 

Let's assume the poster after you is correct and that he is indeed on an amateur contract. Then he's costing us nothing. No resources are being spent on him and the managers focus is on improving the existing players while he waits for the quality he wants to become available. 

To your second point - I disagree. 

Almost all our offensive players were on the park today, which is why Jaime Wilson was first off the bench. 

Imagine Wilson picking up a knock and being unavailable. Then any one of Nesbitt, Morrison, Oliver, or McGuffie gets clattered during a game and has to be subbed. What would you rather do - play a striker who knows the position, even if he's a young lad - or put Blair Sneddon, Leon McCann or Seb Ross up front? 

I know what I'd prefer. 

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The future will be an indefinite stay in league 1 unless resources are used to bring in better quality for the starting 11. Didn’t you criticise the previous board for spending money on the youth development squads?

You would almost think certain posters are far up the boards arse? Oh wait

Bantabairn 2.0

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

There are only groups in your mind. It’s this sort of attitude that’s poisoning the club. FFS, Patrons even the major shareholders, all involved are Falkirk supporters. 

This is the legal requirement for Directors. 

B26C9ED0-56C6-4CDC-9AAB-08C47E9F2B05.jpeg

21 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I have no interest in being a director but to me it’s not good for corporate governance or decision making to have a supposed 3 legged stool model but where all directors are members of one group.

Then join the FSS if you haven’t already and vote for another set of directors when the elections come along if you have an issue with the status quo. The governance of the club is the most democratic and fan inclusive it has ever been, I’ve no issue with a patron putting money into the FSS or vise versa then standing for election, at the end of the day it’s the members/fans who elect these directors and we need the largest possible pool of cash, skill set and talent to draw upon, putting up barriers to that is beyond crazy in my opinion, anybody prepared to join one of these groups and stand for election putting cash into the club, giving up time and energy for no reward deserves a thank you.  You do seem to be creating issues that don’t excist here and I can understand why some posters are suggesting some kind of agenda.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

To your second point - I disagree. 

Almost all our offensive players were on the park today, which is why Jaime Wilson was first off the bench. 

Imagine Wilson picking up a knock and being unavailable. Then any one of Nesbitt, Morrison, Oliver, or McGuffie gets clattered during a game and has to be subbed. What would you rather do - play a striker who knows the position, even if he's a young lad - or put Blair Sneddon, Leon McCann or Seb Ross up front? 

I know what I'd prefer. 

I said we have enough players who should be on the bench at best. Clearly the current squad numbers dictate that the likes of Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Hetherington have got to start.

But they will need to be replaced by better quality in the starting 11 if we are to make that playoffs.

It’s not unusual for keyboard warriors to think they can pick a better team, make better transfers and overall generally do a better job than their teams manager - I’ve been there myself but f**k me, in the Falkirk support we’ve got keyboard warriors that think they can sort out sponsorship, increase income and generally do a better job than the current Board of Directors - you honestly could not make it up.

If we are ever fully fan owned we’ll win the Champions League, Eurovision Song Contest, the General Election and World War 3.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I said we have enough players who should be on the bench at best. Clearly the current squad numbers dictate that the likes of Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Hetherington have got to start.

But they will need to be replaced by better quality in the starting 11 if we are to make that playoffs.

That will require serious money not the insignificant sum required to sign a youth player.

I am not certain, but it might well be equally plausible to say that every Director is an FSS member instead of saying “every Director is a Patron”.

As I understand it, every Patron donated their five figure sum, and beyond their shareholding, they received nothing. I don’t think it’s the case that some Patrons are more equal than others (or at least, it shouldn’t be).

Obviously, Directors who are members of the Patron group and/or the FSS will know more than Patrons/FSS members who are not Directors, but that’s just common sense.

Beyond that, I would assume all other Patrons are privy to the same information at the same time from the same source.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That will require serious money not the insignificant sum required to sign a youth player.

Yes, but if we keep spending these relatively insignificant sums then we'll never have the serious money to make the necessary changes.

Mony a mickle maks a muckle.

The future will be an indefinite stay in league 1 unless resources are used to bring in better quality for the starting 11. Didn’t you criticise the previous board for spending money on the youth development squads?
As I keep saying- where are these gallant supremely talented individuals who are queuing up to play full time for a team in league one. If only it was a money issue

Some people on here seem to actually be expecting us to win the league this season.  We were how many points behind cove and Airdrie last season so it's a bit of a push to think we might come top given the budget situation.  We need to see definite improvement and playoffs should be achievable but winning the league would be a massive bonus given where we were last season.  Now given that that's the case surely we need to realise that 23/24  is a far more realistic season where winning the league would be the minimum target . We need to build towards that and signing these promising young players instead of letting them go is a step towards that. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Some people on here seem to actually be expecting us to win the league this season.  We were how many points behind cove and Airdrie last season so it's a bit of a push to think we might come top given the budget situation.  We need to see definite improvement and playoffs should be achievable but winning the league would be a massive bonus given where we were last season.  Now given that that's the case surely we need to realise that 23/24  is a far more realistic season where winning the league would be the minimum target . We need to build towards that and signing these promising young players instead of letting them go is a step towards that. 

23/24 we’ll in all likelihood be part time if we’re still stuck in this league.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I’ve not heard one person say they expect us to win the league tbh - I may have missed some posts though.

As long as we are challenging to win the division and go into the playoffs with a bit of momentum giving us a chance of promotion most fans will take that. Being 30 points off top stop and finishing 5/6th again is absolutely unacceptable however 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

45 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

As I keep saying- where are these gallant supremely talented individuals who are queuing up to play full time for a team in league one. If only it was a money issue

Of course it’s a money issue!

If we were competing for a player with say, Partick Thistle and we were offering better terms then you can be pretty sure the boy would be coming to us.

At the end of the day it’s their job and at most clubs in Scotland the players are prioritising paying the bills rather than the “glory” of a good cup run.