The Falkirk FC Thread

That was a pretty pish game of football. 2 teams both with f**k all up front and neither ever looked like they were going to score.

Thought we played some doesn’t stuff at times but until we can get some more players in it’s hard to see just where goals are going to come from. Thought Henderson was our best player until his red card. McGinn strolled it even when he went to centre back, Yeats done well enough at right back few dodgy moments in the second half but overall very impressive, we certainly didn’t miss Williamson anyway. PJ done well at the shoot out diving the right way 4 times and then saving from Kabia but he gives me the fear from cross balls constantly glued to his line. Also disappointed with Mackie his final ball was very poor and positionally he was all over the place at times.

Minter from the Morton fans singing the name of a wife beating c**t moments after he got sent off for a disgusting tackle.

52 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Won the penalty shoot out at least….

51 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

No we didn’t

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Oh yes we did…..

43 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

Hetherington’s penalty was ‘saved’ by the ‘keeper, but it spun over the line. 

It's behind you!

Just now, Russ said:

Only Steven Hetherington could manage to both miss and score a pen at the same time.

Just now, Russ said:

Only Steven Hetherington could manage to both miss and score a pen at the same time.

You can say that again.

Positives.....

Defensively pretty sound. Finn Yeats deputising well at RB and shake though it is for the laddie, he can probably continue there for me.

Mackie a clear upgrade on McCann which is no slight on McCann I'm not one of his haters. Mckay didn't do much wrong really, Henderson is clearly a huge upgrade and Donaldson still to come in.

Attacking play...... Well there's an idea there, some sort of coherent strategy of positive play and getting the ball moving forward. Which leads us into the glaring, massive negative......

Once the ball gets in the final third theres nothing there. I mean McGuffie and Mackie both came close to scoring. Wilson took a mental check back when he was clean through, but in general a decent striker might have won that game for us.

And Callumn Morrison.... I think he might be done, shame though it is.

Theres not much left of what he was good at after the injuries. Really hope to be wrong.

Desperately need a striker, but much more competent elsewhere. The shoots of a team, but if we don't get what we need this window it might be a case of clinging on till January hoping not to be adrift.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

…..or Chic Young has made an arse of it. He said Hetherington missed 😅😅😅

Strangest penalty shoot out penalty I've ever seen....slight murmured cheering when saved then groans heard on Morton TV.

My first view of us this season, we looked comfortable passing out from goalie and had decent pass movements leading to opposite goal, just no cutting edge. Nesbitt had a couple of fancy moments but Morrison had none.

I thought Hibs would take 4 or 5 of us before a ball was kicked today and I don't think that's changed. The Hibs game not our priority tho.

It's a building brick tho for the league and incoming players 

Pretty poor game for me with very little quality in attack from either side.

Yes, we need at least one striker but the 3 in behind that started today won’t do either for me. Tbh I thought Nesbitt had already been hooked when he came off as he was totally anonymous. Mcguffie tries hard but lacks the quality to be a starter there Imo.

Miles better organised. Whoever said earlier that Henderson is not much of an upgrade clearly knows football - not. He will be terrific this season - his sending off was daft though. 
Front 4 the issue but it looks like McGlynn now has a solid base to work from. Hopefully movement in the coming couple of weeks. 

Iv criticised Nesbitt a lot, but if we had any presence up front at all, he would have found them today. I thought he was OK.

Jaime Wilson caused more problems centrally than anyone else today and that's really not a good thing.

If that outside of the foot effort Mackie hit the stantion with had gone in though.... Would have been a fucking beauty.

Can’t believe I forgot about Jaime Wilson. He’s actually done alright (for him) when he came on but clean through on goal 12 yards out and he tries to turn back [emoji23]
I mean, the likes of that move gave me some hope. Under Sheerin and Rennie, we would have cluelessly found ourselves conceding possession there because we had no idea whatsoever of pass and move. Today that was happening. People were taking the ball and looking for a forward pass. At the turnover of possession, the whole team sought to open up and get forward. A few wee moments where maybe getting a shot off a bit quicker would have led to us saying yeah that was a decent attacking move....

Just so so toothless though where it counts.... But none of us know that better than McGlynn so I remain hopeful wel get some of what we need.

Pretty much agree with what's been said, defence looks much more solid, but middle to front is miles short of quality. McGuffie, Nesbitt, Hetherington just aren't good enough, and Morrison 🙄. Five better quality additions needed including two strikers and a right back if we are to do anything this season. Early days still but I've not been overly impressed with Oliver. 

Henderson was fantastic before the red card, which was silly. Well done to young Yeats too, outstanding at RB. Assume Williamson is injured yet again? Guy is made of glass. 

We had chances to win the game but overall, we were lacking up top but that wasn’t a shock, McGlynn knows it too. Wilson should have scored when through on goal & McGuffie should have done better with his lob too. 

I thought we were solid at the back, in the most, bar 2/3 McKay moments. He took his pen well however. Henderson strolled it versus Kabia and Quitongo before that challenge. 

Good to see a decent away crowd through for this game, players seem to appreciate it too.

Looking forward Tuesday night, although will be tough. Expect the unexpected etc though.

Football is back 😄

Edited by RC55 FFC

Wasn’t there today but clean sheets are a big thing for managers. McGlynn appears to have sorted out the defensive side of things but at our level goals and players who will create chances are so hard to come by. I don’t envy them their task but I just pray they can unearth a diamond in the loan market.