The Falkirk FC Thread

They’re mostly first team players in their early 20s, just that they came through Morton’s youth system.  But the team is threadbare. Clatter Jaze early and that’s their bench gone. 

Bookies recognise that and make us favourites , but Falkirk still odds against a win….

4de71378d66699bc20deebb65ae12319.jpg

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At least he's  moved out of the chip shop to a real office. Maybe he's  going legit.

You are kidding right? The “office” you speak of is deserted. A filing cabinet, and phone on the floor. All the photos of pretty young women supposed to be his sales execs…..total fantasy. I believe he has even written reviews about himself being this fabulous guy to deal with….😂

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You are kidding right? The “office” you speak of is deserted. A filing cabinet, and phone on the floor. All the photos of pretty young women supposed to be his sales execs…..total fantasy. I believe he has even written reviews about himself being this fabulous guy to deal with….😂

Stollf better than he chippy he was working out of when he sold the pup to Falkirk.

15 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We're still gash.

Not a surprise unfortunately when so many of last season’s failures are still guaranteed starters and very little better experienced quality has been brought in.

The likes of McKay, Hetherington and Nesbitt were nowhere near the standard required last year so I don’t know why anyone thought they’d miraculously improve this season.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I get peoples concerns over the squad but think there needs to be a bit of patience. Currently only 6 clubs in the country have signed more players than us, signings are just not happening at the moment. More movement is gona come later in the window and todays team won’t be the team that starts the league campaign.

Do you honestly think McGlynn is happy to go with what he’s got? At least 3 or 4 are still to arrive so not sure why people are flapping the now. 

I get peoples concerns over the squad but think there needs to be a bit of patience. Currently only 6 clubs in the country have signed more players than us, signings are just not happening at the moment. More movement is gona come later in the window and todays team won’t be the team that starts the league campaign.
Do you honestly think McGlynn is happy to go with what he’s got? At least 3 or 4 are still to arrive so not sure why people are flapping the now. 

How can you guarantee anything though?
We may make offers to players but they probably have more than one option, so it’s pot luck whether we get the players in the positions we need by the start of the league campaign….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

How can you guarantee anything though?
We may make offers to players but they probably have more than one option, so it’s pot luck whether we get the players in the positions we need by the start of the league campaign….

Do you genuinely think we won’t make anymore signings or are you just trying to play Devils Advocate? Signings will be made, the quality of them is what can’t be guaranteed but I’m happy to wait until I see the quality of the additions before making judgement 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Steady now.

I’ll re-emphasise this again now although we’ve created nothing. Mackie looks too slow for LB. Should be him in the centre and Henderson pushed into midfield for Hetherington. Oliver has done quite well in holding the ball up etc but has no support whatsoever. If we can’t get a decent striker, try and push for Kennedy and put Morrison up front.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not a surprise unfortunately when so many of last season’s failures are still guaranteed starters and very little better experienced quality has been brought in.

The likes of McKay, Hetherington and Nesbitt were nowhere near the standard required last year so I don’t know why anyone thought they’d miraculously improve this season.

I think you've mentioned this before?

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The simple reason people are flapping right now is because competitive football starts today, not 7 weeks from now at the end of August, when we could be out of 2 cups and adrift in the league already. 

Look at the state of affairs across the country. This isn’t a Falkirk problem it’s nationwide. I haven’t seen a single centre forward sign elsewhere that I wish we had signed. Can you point one out to me? It’s becoming obvious that the forwards will be loan deals and teams don’t just put their players out on loan because we really need them unfortunately.