The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Russ said:

I think we’re about 5 short at the moment. Another right back, another player in the middle of the park, some cover out wide and 2 strikers.

Can't see us signing any more for the middle of the park. We have mcginn , yeats, Ross, Henderson, hetherington and nesbitt that can play there so I would think that areas done. Another right back. Maybe. Although years and Henderson can both play there. It's probably a starter we really need unless Williamson improves.

Can't see us signing any more for the middle of the park. We have mcginn , yeats, Ross, Henderson, hetherington and nesbitt that can play there so I would think that areas done. Another right back. Maybe. Although years and Henderson can both play there. It's probably a starter we really need unless Williamson improves.

Henderson can cover left back but I’d be surprised if he’s ever played right back in his life. Our right back options at the moment are Williamson who we all know is horrendous, Brad McKay [emoji23] and Yeats who apparently played a couple of highland league games there but from what we’ve seen of him looks a cracking prospect in midfield.

After getting the strikers in getting another right back should be our next priority imo.

Williamson cant do the basics of defending so unless McGlynn has taught him from scratch how to defend its unlikely. Also as much as he gallops down the right for a while his end product is poor and he’s blowing out his arse by 60 minutes

His attempts to get back in after he’s ran forward as well are utterly pathetic.

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

Henderson can cover left back but I’d be surprised if he’s ever played right back in his life. Our right back options at the moment are Williamson who we all know is horrendous, Brad McKay emoji23.png and Yeats who apparently played a couple of highland league games there but from what we’ve seen of him looks a cracking prospect in midfield.

After getting the strikers in getting another right back should be our next priority imo.

People talk as if playing right and left back is some sort of impossible task. Christ you get guys in your local pub team that can do it quite comfortably.  We've had numerous players in the past that could do it no bother. As I said though we do need a better right back than Williamson . As for wide players one more would be useful but probably not seen as a priority at the moment.

Edited by Jackie Myles

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I absolutely baffles me despite the list of issues we are still dealing with from years of neglect some still can’t see the wood from the trees.  

The previous board have rightly been gone now for nearly 8 months. The new board and patrons have total control of the club.

The new board are now on their second manager and second transfer window. Yes, there are still issues from the past to be dealt with.

But frankly I think fans have every right to be discussing what is being done to make us competitive on the pitch in what will be an absolutely crucial season.

People talk as if playing right and left back is some sort of impossible task. Christ you get guys in your local pub team that can do it quite comfortably.  We've had numerous players in the past that could do it no bother. As I said though we do need a better right back than Williamson . As for wide players one more would be useful but probably not seen as a priority at the moment.
As much as we might uave had a few utility guys who could cover in a passable way, we have had a few that prove how important full backs are, by being utterly shite at it.

The previous board have rightly been gone now for nearly 8 months. The new board and patrons have total control of the club.
The new board are now on their second manager and second transfer window. Yes, there are still issues from the past to be dealt with.
But frankly I think fans have every right to be discussing what is being done to make us competitive on the pitch in what will be an absolutely crucial season.

The biggest issue from the past as far as a fan is concerned,is the completed lack of quality of the players. That can’t be sorted overnight due to the contracts that these guys are on or unless we suddenly find thousands of £’s to pay them off.

Suck it up and move on, this old board/ new board pish is boring.

Of the 7 McGlynn has brought in, not many have been significant upgrades.  Mackie, Donaldson and McGinn make us better while Morrison, Henderson and Yeats are most likely marginal improvements (not getting carried away by Yeats after 2 ok friendlies and comparing Morrison to Mutch and Henderson to Watson).  Oliver looks like a waste of a wage on evidence so far.  

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but with the current squad I can't see us finishing above Dunfermline, Airdrie or QOS.  

Next 2-3 signings are crucial and we need guys like Nesbitt and C. Morrison to really step it up if we don't get the quality we need.  

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

The biggest issue from the past as far as a fan is concerned,is the completed lack of quality of the players. That can’t be sorted overnight due to the contracts that these guys are on or unless we suddenly find thousands of £’s to pay them off.

Suck it up and move on, this old board/ new board pish is boring.

I still feel that the right manager can get more out of some of these guys but yes if these guys are on 2 or 3 year deals I'm.not sure how we are expected to get them off our books if they don't want to go.  The managers happy with the budget which is more than he had at Raith so it's not as if it's been cut or the bod are skimping on giving the manager money.  We are dependant on what the manager can do with the free part of the budget and how much more he can get out of the players he has inherited. 

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Of the 7 McGlynn has brought in, not many have been significant upgrades.  Mackie, Donaldson and McGinn make us better while Morrison, Henderson and Yeats are most likely marginal improvements (not getting carried away by Yeats after 2 ok friendlies and comparing Morrison to Mutch and Henderson to Watson).  Oliver looks like a waste of a wage on evidence so far.  

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but with the current squad I can't see us finishing above Dunfermline, Airdrie or QOS.  

Next 2-3 signings are crucial and we need guys like Nesbitt and C. Morrison to really step it up if we don't get the quality we need.  

Like to see Oliver playing up front alongside someone half decent before I make my mind up on him. Watson was poor last season so hopefully Henderson will be an upgrade on him. 

35 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not a lot they can do without money.

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

QOS have a better squad than us I’d argue. We’ll do well to finish above them. 

I just can’t see where the goals are coming from, but I hope to be proved wrong. 

I still feel that the right manager can get more out of some of these guys but yes if these guys are on 2 or 3 year deals I'm.not sure how we are expected to get them off our books if they don't want to go.  The managers happy with the budget which is more than he had at Raith so it's not as if it's been cut or the bod are skimping on giving the manager money.  We are dependant on what the manager can do with the free part of the budget and how much more he can get out of the players he has inherited. 

Agreed
I actually thought McKay and Hetherington looked 10 times better against Kilmarnock, ok they were starting from a low base.
One things for certain they won’t take the piss out of McGlynn and Smith

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Of course they have but McGlynn is  working this summer with 60 odd percent of the budget spent by Holt. I have no doubt McGlynn will churn the squad before the end of the window (7/8 weeks away), but that will cost some cash too. IMO that is the time to judge things not the second week of July. 
You only need to see what broke this week with the shambles of last years shirt sponsor to see what has been left behind and the new Board is dealing with.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You never really addressed the points poster on the quality of squad though - do you think it’s good enough ?

No I don’t. But I will judge the squad come end of August not the 2nd Saturday in July. 

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

May be an unpopular opinion but to me it’s absolutely crazy to be spending yet more of our limited resources on players to sit on the bench or in the stand when the first 11 still requires so many additions.

Apart from the young lad Carroll the rest will play