The Falkirk FC Thread

On 06/07/2022 at 15:23, Blame Me said:

Sadly I haven't but it's clear that Hugh Clarke must have a more plausible ruse on-the-go than Campbell did as the latter never managed to complete on any of his marks whereas Clarke Epos have fooled folk at every tier of the Scottish sport.

Daily record today and more to follow this is just the tip of the ice berg !

9 minutes ago, Massimo said:

Daily record today and more to follow this is just the tip of the ice berg !

Boy that owns the rocks says he appeared from nowhere and the next thing he's sponsoring all these big clubs. The appeared from nowhere surely should've had alarm bells ringing .🤷

6 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Boy that owns the rocks says he appeared from nowhere and the next thing he's sponsoring all these big clubs. The appeared from nowhere surely should've had alarm bells ringing .🤷

I got sucked in 2 years ago . Leased my business to him he ruined it paid absolute no utilities behind in rent northwards of 40k and he went on Facebook under false accounts and tried to say I was a peado . That’s not even the half of it . I’ve now managed to get my property back in some state and get on with it but I’ve also found dozens of people and businesses owed thousands and also been subjected to his vile threats and abuse . Watch the record I’m sure the people of these communities will have their voice . Now the police are chasing their tails trying to get ahead of this due to the fact that numerous people have been down and tried to get help from them , and their response to these victims was “ oh we can’t help “ it’s a absolute joke !

Edited by Massimo

37 minutes ago, Massimo said:

I got sucked in 2 years ago . Leased my business to him he ruined it paid absolute no utilities behind in rent northwards of 40k and he went on Facebook under false accounts and tried to say I was a peado . That’s not even the half of it . I’ve now managed to get my property back in some state and get on with it but I’ve also found dozens of people and businesses owed thousands and also been subjected to his vile threats and abuse . Watch the record I’m sure the people of these communities will have their voice . Now the police are chasing their tails trying to get ahead of this due to the fact that numerous people have been down and tried to get help from them , and their response to these victims was “ oh we can’t help “ it’s a absolute joke !

At least he's  moved out of the chip shop to a real office. Maybe he's  going legit.

Really disappointed with the squad at this stage. I thought there'd be far more ins and outs.

Feel for McGlynn really. Hope the Rennie nonsense last window hasn't fucked it for him in the summer.

Still plenty of time to get it right in the next few weeks but there's a shitload of wheeling and dealing needed.

We're miles away from where we need to be to win this league, which is quite deflating.

Really disappointed with the squad at this stage. I thought there'd be far more ins and outs.
Feel for McGlynn really. Hope the Rennie nonsense last window hasn't fucked it for him in the summer.
Still plenty of time to get it right in the next few weeks but there's a shitload of wheeling and dealing needed.
We're miles away from where we need to be to win this league, which is quite deflating.

We’re not the only ones though both Dunfermline and Airdire are miles short, Montrose squad at the moment is weaker than last season and Kelty have not strengthened yet either.

Just now, Russ said:

We’re not the only ones though both Dunfermline and Airdire are miles short, Montrose squad at the moment is weaker than last season and Kelty have not strengthened yet either.

Probably fair.. I havent really looked at the other challengers. 

McGlynn should be worth 10 points a season at this level. That always gives hope.

I'd be surprised if we don't see another 2 or 3 before end August though. Surely that's a given.

1 hour ago, Massimo said:

Sorry to hear of your issues with guy. Them running Falkirk at the time must have known things weren’t right and payments weren’t coming in by the time we had to rush out the 3rd White Strip, and we still plastered his company name on that too. Crazy to have allowed this to happen, surely the agreement/ contract would have had terms and conditions regards failing to meet payment terms. The more you hear the previous board sound like dumb and dumber. 

8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

There isn't one single squad in our division near the finished article. Plenty comings and goings are still to happen.

Are we really miles short? Couple of strikers definitely.  A few  options elsewhere maybe  but at the end of the day we've got players covering most areas now and we look far more solid at the back.  Now up to mcglynn to weave a bit of magic and get us playing as a side. All these boys have played at a decent level so hopefully getting a boot up the arse off the manager instead of them being molly coddled will make all the difference.  Not exactly seeing any of our rivals bring in superstars.  Michael Ruth levels up front aren't going to cut it.

10 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Sorry to hear of your issues with guy. Them running Falkirk at the time must have known things weren’t right and payments weren’t coming in by the time we had to rush out the 3rd White Strip, and we still plastered his company name on that too. Crazy to have allowed this to happen, surely the agreement/ contract would have had terms and conditions regards failing to meet payment terms. The more you hear the previous board sound like dumb and dumber. 

Certainly the current bod couldn't take his name off anything until the court ruling or it would've opened them up to legal action on his part so I presume there was none of those terms you mention in place.

Are we really miles short? Couple of strikers definitely.  A few  options elsewhere maybe  but at the end of the day we've got players covering most areas now and we look far more solid at the back.  Now up to mcglynn to weave a bit of magic and get us playing as a side. All these boys have played at a decent level so hopefully getting a boot up the arse off the manager instead of them being molly coddled will make all the difference.  Not exactly seeing any of our rivals bring in superstars.  Michael Ruth levels up front aren't going to cut it.

I think we’re about 5 short at the moment. Another right back, another player in the middle of the park, some cover out wide and 2 strikers.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

The difference perhaps being that no other club were starting from as low a base as us, coming off pretty much the worst season in their history. If a manager takes on a job and inherits a squad of say, 13/14 players under contract it's not unreasonable to think there will be a core of maybe 5 or 6 he can start to build his team around. McGlynn, by contrast, inherits a group of players who basically gave it up round about the second week in September last year. A clean slate was needed, but is not an option. Airdrie have lost one player from last season, albeit an important one and that's without mentioning their managerial appointment. Dunfermline's squad does not blow you away either. But both look quite a bit ahead of us, certainly middle to front where we have precious few viable options. Still think the squad will look quite a bit different come the start of the league season than it does just now. If not, then trouble, but that won't be the case.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Why would have Rennie messed up the summer? We have 12 players Holt signed and 2 by Rennie on the books. McGlynn has brought in 7 if you include Carroll. 
I absolutely baffles me despite the list of issues we are still dealing with from years of neglect some still can’t see the wood from the trees.  

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why would have Rennie messed up the summer? We have 12 players Holt signed and 2 by Rennie on the books. McGlynn has brought in 7 if you include Carroll. 
I absolutely baffles me despite the list of issues we are still dealing with from years of neglect some still can’t see the wood from the trees.  

You never really addressed the points poster on the quality of squad though - do you think it’s good enough ?

Aye even although he was an absolute abomination as a manager it’s more of Holt than Rennie the absolute state of the squad we’ve been left. Didn’t understand signing Finlay Malcolm on a 2 year deal but he’ll be on buttons compared to the likes of Ross, Wilson, Hetherington that we’re lumbered with this season and won’t be able to shift.

33 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

This has been explained - after we signed contracts with the company we had to fulfil our side of the deal or we could not sue. It would have given him an out if the name had been taken off. It's clear we will not get any money now but at the time I think there was still a hope legal action could work.