The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I know we are all waiting for a striker ( and we definitely  need one) but we scored in every friendly or bounce game with what we have. If we’re tight at the back then I’m moderately hopeful for this cup.  Looking forward to real football tomorrow 

Let's hope it's not the same case as last season, where we seemed to beat everyone in bounce, behind closed door games, then collapse at the weekend

I Got my hopes up after the league Cup group games in the season Loy came back, I thought we looked excellent and was so excited about the season ahead, first game of the season and Austin scores in the sunshine at a busy St Mirren Park after only 2 minutes, this was going to be 'our time' then everything went to shit, Loy got injured and from that moment it has just went downhill for 5 years......I no longer bother too much about any games until the start of league now. Its the hope that kills you

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I Got my hopes up after the league Cup group games in the season Loy came back, I thought we looked excellent and was so excited about the season ahead, first game of the season and Austin scores in the sunshine at a busy St Mirren Park after only 2 minutes, this was going to be 'our time' then everything went to shit, Loy got injured and from that moment it has just went downhill for 5 years......I no longer bother too much about any games until the start of league now. Its the hope that kills you

Verbatim how I felt back then

2 mins in thought "Here we go!" & left, 90 mins later, thinking "That's got relegation written all over it!"

Can anyone confirm if it’s a cash turnstile only for the main stand tomorrow, or will this also be in place behind the goals? I’m having a nightmare trying to add an Under12 ticket to an adult one on the Morton website (most likely my fault). Any help is greatly appreciated

33 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Who to utter heck was the co-commentator here?  Good grief.

Always difficult to work out how we are going to do until the real stuff starts in the league . I remember back in Jeffries day us matching West ham in a fantastic pre season game at Brockville with drinkell scoring and it ending one each . We really played well and I had high hopes only for us to get relegated that season.  The one mentioned above I still don't understand what the feck happened. We started that game against st mirren like a train and should've been 3 up after half an hour. They equalise Loy goes off with an innocuous injury and comes back an utter shadow of the player he was even in pre season and it's been downhill ever since.

20 minutes ago, bairnhammer said:

Can anyone confirm if it’s a cash turnstile only for the main stand tomorrow, or will this also be in place behind the goals? I’m having a nightmare trying to add an Under12 ticket to an adult one on the Morton website (most likely my fault). Any help is greatly appreciated

It’s not your fault, I gave up simply adding a second adult. PATG for both areas as it’s the same turnstiles used mate. 

4 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Always difficult to work out how we are going to do until the real stuff starts in the league . I remember back in Jeffries day us matching West ham in a fantastic pre season game at Brockville with drinkell scoring and it ending one each . We really played well and I had high hopes only for us to get relegated that season.  The one mentioned above I still don't understand what the feck happened. We started that game against st mirren like a train and should've been 3 up after half an hour. They equalise Loy goes off with an innocuous injury and comes back an utter shadow of the player he was even in pre season and it's been downhill ever since.

Spot on. Remember that pre season well. Aswell as the Hammers game we scudded every Highland league team too and drew 1-1 with Sunderland in the Hummel Challenge Trophy. 

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I texted my pal at half time in that game and said we're going up this year 🤷‍♂️

I done similar to my hibs supporting mate at half time in the Scottish Cup semi when 3-0 up.....I take full responsibility for our downfall that day as well. Would understand being shunned. 

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I done similar to my hibs supporting mate at half time in the Scottish Cup semi when 3-0 up.....I take full responsibility for our downfall that day as well. Would understand being shunned. 

That one's on Lyle Taylor don't worry yourself.

32 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That one's on Lyle Taylor don't worry yourself.

Mr Holt's first half-time team talk. #FutureEchoes

26 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Mr Holt's first half-time team talk. #FutureEchoes

yeah exactly - one of the players on the  Hope Street Podcasts addressed this - saying the young lads were dead on their feet and the choice of subs was questionable.

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would certainly rather wait for the “right” striker(s) than plumping for ones free now.

Looking forward to seeing us tomorrow. 

Hope we are lucky and McGlynn can work his contacts call in a favour whatever.

But the reality is loan strikers that can do the business being farmed out for experience and being tested. Their clubs will want them at the highest level possible and that is where the league we are in costs us. Hopefully, the club has gotten rid of our reputation as a dysfunctional bunch of incompetents and worthwhile give us a chance.