The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

If we were to put Morrison up front though then that leaves nobody else to play wide. As it stands Wilson is genuinely our second choice striker. I’m confident that by the end of the window at least he’ll either he well down that pecking order or fucked of to some other unlucky club. But unless we bring someone in the next couple of days there’s a decent chance of him getting some game time on Saturday which is terrifying.

Got a feeling we may see him at right wingback.

12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I've raked Better Meddle and can't find anything remotely like the match you're referring to. Even friendlies are recorded on there and I think it's unlikely they'd be wrong.

You're going to have to point me in the right direction.

Must be the 3 - 2 game then.

But what a goal made all the better with being about 30ft from where it was taken.

The vision, skill, touch was just sublime. The most skillful left-footed player I have seen in a Falkirk Jersey  and an inspiring captain.

They were halcyon  days

9 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I won’t be going to any of these premier sport cup games.

Games before August are unconscionable, football is a winter sport. I’d rather be out doing something when we have better weather than siting on my erchie watching 2nd rate football. Lots of people play Golf, Bowls,  go fishing, hiking or sailing etc..  so I’m not surprised it’s a hard sell. 

It’s a few or worse case 2 x 90mins out of the full month, not sure I couldn’t squeeze it in tbh haha. 

Each to their own but close season is long enough without catching up with mates at the games. 

9 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Games before August are unconscionable, football is a winter sport. I’d rather be out doing something when we have better weather than siting on my erchie watching 2nd rate football. Lots of people play Golf, Bowls,  go fishing, hiking or sailing etc..  so I’m not surprised it’s a hard sell. 

If we get out of the group we get 50,000£ in prize money. That alone is a reason for us to take these games seriously. Plus £15,000 from Hibs tv game and the possibility of a "big team" game in the next round. Every penny is a prisoner just now for us - these are important games.

3 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

If we get out of the group we get 50,000£ in prize money. That alone is a reason for us to take these games seriously. Plus £15,000 from Hibs tv game and the possibility of a "big team" game in the next round. Every penny is a prisoner just now for us - these are important games.

Absolutely this ^.

To get out the group, imho, we’ll need a minimum of a point from Morton or Hibs plus 6pts from the Bonnyrigg & Clyde games. 

Absolutely this ^.
To get out the group, imho, we’ll need a minimum of a point from Morton or Hibs plus 6pts from the Bonnyrigg & Clyde games. 

You might occasionally get out of the groups with 8 points but you really need 9 points plus.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

You might occasionally get out of the groups with 8 points but you really need 9 points plus.

In the 5 seasons we've had groups, 4 second place teams from 8 groups have qualified each year. This season it will only be 3, as there's 5 teams in Europe, making it even harder.

To qualify in second, teams have required 10 points on 2 occasions, 9 points (14) and 8 points (4). So 8 points has a 20% chance of being enough, 9 points has a 70% chance.

Only 2 teams have ever come second with 9 points and NOT qualified (Peterhead 2017, ICT 2018).

So assuming we lose to Hibs, we really need to win all three other games to give ourselves a chance.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

10 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Yea, you're right. It's not so much the sailing itself that takes the time up though, it's the pissing about at the airport waiting for the flight to Cannes that's really annoying!

We knew it was happening but still can't help but feel disappointed to see Kabia sign on loan with Morton. Hatrick inbound on Saturday.

One tackle from Mackie and he’ll be rolling about the floor greeting wanting to get subbed off.