The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

This must be one of the few times the club seem to have its sh*t in order and been ahead of the pack with the legal action

Afraid to say it won’t matter a jot. A an order of decree amounts to nothing more than the fact you can pursue money from them. It costs money to employ sheriff officers to pursue it and a guy like him will have hidden any money away. It will be better to bite the bullet and just accept you’ll never see that money again instead of losing more trying to get it back. 

The old board should be taken to task for that deal. Myself and a few others pointed it out here at the time and several said it wouldn’t matter so long as they paid in full. Unfortunately it seems the last board didn’t care to look that far ahead. 

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Afraid to say it won’t matter a jot. A an order of decree amounts to nothing more than the fact you can pursue money from them. It costs money to employ sheriff officers to pursue it and a guy like him will have hidden any money away. It will be better to bite the bullet and just accept you’ll never see that money again instead of losing more trying to get it back. 

The old board should be taken to task for that deal. Myself and a few others pointed it out here at the time and several said it wouldn’t matter so long as they paid in full. Unfortunately it seems the last board didn’t care to look that far ahead. 

Would appear his company have been providing the service for our kiosk tills too. A right royal feck up by the previous bunch.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Another game definitely 0 - 0 extra time

I've raked Better Meddle and can't find anything remotely like the match you're referring to. Even friendlies are recorded on there and I think it's unlikely they'd be wrong.

You're going to have to point me in the right direction.

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Surely Ugwu is an absolute no brainer if the budget is there for him?

I’m sure he’ll have a few options. I’d be happy to take him, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at Hartlepool.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Thought there might have been a signing in the forward department or someone else leaving today, the thought of Wilson up front on Saturday at any point gives you the dry boak. 

He’ll be 3rd choice best on Saturday as Oliver and Morrison will play there before him or Malcolm. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’ll be 3rd choice best on Saturday as Oliver and Morrison will play there before him or Malcolm. 

Wilson was first off the bench against Stranraer, part of me obviously wants a striker in before Saturday but the reason we signed Jaime Wilson is because we panicked about the cup games. So I've decided I'd rather we waited for someone of decent quality. If need be chuck Morrison up there.

5 hours ago, Big Wur said:

Best goal I’ve ever seen was also by George Miller against Rangers on New Year’s Day 1971. I was in the stand enclosure with my pal between the home dug out and the Watson Street end. Falkirk got a free kick just outside the box to the right hand side as we looked at it at the Hope Street end. Rangers lined up their wall and Miller and Ferguson were apparently arguing as to who was going to take it. Culminated with Miller throwing his hands in the air and stomping off to the left in disgust. Took about 4-5 steps and turned. Ferguson slipped it to him and Miller blasted it into the net. A brilliant piece of trickery that I’ve never seen bettered. Sadly overshadowed next day with the Ibrox disaster

I remember it being a bitterly cold day with remnants of snow and ice around the pitch.

29 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Does anyone know if the club shop is open tomorrow evening? Want to pick up bonnyrigg tickets but can’t go during day due to work

Would assume 4pm close tomorrow. Looks like late opening was for tonight (Wednesday) only.

I won’t be going to any of these premier sport cup games.

Games before August are unconscionable, football is a winter sport. I’d rather be out doing something when we have better weather than siting on my erchie watching 2nd rate football. Lots of people play Golf, Bowls,  go fishing, hiking or sailing etc..  so I’m not surprised it’s a hard sell. 

If you don’t mind, it’s 3rd rate football. July doesn’t seem to have done the Women’s Euros too much harm in terms of ticket sales. Of course, the English media now dump all their jingoism from the men’s game onto the women’s game as they see it as the opportunity for Engerlund to win “only their second major trophy”.

If we were to put Morrison up front though then that leaves nobody else to play wide. As it stands Wilson is genuinely our second choice striker. I’m confident that by the end of the window at least he’ll either he well down that pecking order or fucked of to some other unlucky club. But unless we bring someone in the next couple of days there’s a decent chance of him getting some game time on Saturday which is terrifying.