The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst we're on about ex players Aidan Keena's on 11 goals in 19 games, current top scorer in the league. Seems to have found his hunger for the game again.

David McMillan was also a standout in the LOI. Its more tinpot than our lower leagues.

Member of both B4L and Fss but that could be just Fss shortly, have had nothing from b4l in terms of AGM notes, updates on where the cash has/is going. Couldn’t make the fans meeting where the recent comments were made doesn’t come across well but will continue for now. 

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Member of both B4L and Fss but that could be just Fss shortly, have had nothing from b4l in terms of AGM notes, updates on where the cash has/is going. Couldn’t make the fans meeting where the recent comments were made doesn’t come across well but will continue for now. 

Seems to have turned into more of a grass pitch for life organisation unfortunately.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given McGlynn seems to clearly favour a 4-2-3-1 and we're rumoured to be after Kai Kennedy I doubt we'll see a 3 at the back this season. That being said we definitely need someone better at defending than Williamson if we're sticking with the 4.

Raith fans commented he reverts to 3 at back randomly, did against us in one game in which we dominated them and he didn't change it at half time till I think when one of there players git sent off.

I'm sure I've seen more 4-4-2 from him playing Raith, end of the day opposition, players available and what worked week afore will determine our formation, it's not the 80s or 90s anymore.

2 hours ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Keena actually was a good striker. Shame he had to play in such a diddy team

And a manager who thought Ruth was better 😂

That decision cost his job 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Complete and utter revisionist nonsense. He contributed absolutely nothing when he played and his effort level was poor. The hero workshop from some fans was beyond bizarre.

The difference when Dowds and Kabia came in was night and day- they still had no service but both tried to make things happen and gave 100%.

How were our results better with Keena than Dowds and Kabia ?

35 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What an utter shambles our club were.

Repeatedly dropping their drawers and bending over any time a fantasist or con man spun them a line.

T'is a wee bit harsh. We're not the only one's to have fallen for this shyster.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It would interesting to know how many of us Falkirk fans on here are actually members of the FSS. How do you start one of those poll things?

FSS member here.

Might be better to see who isn't a member on here and understand why - appreciate the obvious reason is probably cash - but just if there is any other reasons. 

When theres 5500 members on the COYB facebook group - we're talking around 10% have signed up -and that's only the Facebook group..

I'm down South so least I can do  as I don't get to many games.  

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Have you forgotten the coffee salesman already?

Sadly I haven't but it's clear that Hugh Clarke must have a more plausible ruse on-the-go than Campbell did as the latter never managed to complete on any of his marks whereas Clarke Epos have fooled folk at every tier of the Scottish sport.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Sadly I haven't but it's clear that Hugh Clarke must have a more plausible ruse on-the-go than Campbell did as the latter never managed to complete on any of his marks whereas Clarke Epos have fooled folk at every tier of the Scottish sport.

Alternatively, there could just be lots of idiots in positions of power at Scottish football clubs/leagues.

1 minute ago, joozy said:

Alternatively, there could just be lots of idiots in positions of power at Scottish football clubs/leagues.

agree, there will be plenty other clubs in Scotland he approached and was swiftly shown the door, unfortunately we didn't.

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

talking about bfL -I see they get mentioned the the latest FSS update, below

Several BAIRNforLife contributors have approached us asking if they can participate in the forthcoming election. As we mentioned prior to elections in March,  BAIRNforLife’s AGM in November 2021 confirmed an agreement that would see its contributors gain concurrent membership of the Falkirk Supporters’ Society, unless any individual chose to opt-out. 

Unfortunately since then, BAIRNforLife has still not been able to conclude this element by asking its contributors if they agreed to their data being passed to FSS. 

Can you shed any more light on this? I am currently a member of both but TBH I am thinking about switching all monies to FFS.

There was an agreement from the last B4L AGM  that all B4L members would become FSS members. However it appears the mailing list for B4L is in an awful state and has not been updated properly - as a result they cannot write to all their members to ask them if they can join. This is legally needed because of data protection laws.

As a result the integration of B4L members can't happen as it was meant to. FSS as a result can't just accept members of B4L as members and unfortunately they need to join FSS directly to get a vote on the fans representative by 10 July.

You can see the latest newsletter here

https://falkirksupporters.org/news/

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

agree, there will be plenty other clubs in Scotland he approached and was swiftly shown the door, unfortunately we didn't.

It didn't even require much in the way of sleuthing.  I remember when this was announced last year, it took me less than an hour's worth of internet searching to find a whole swathe of red flags.  The negligence of the board was astounding.