The Falkirk FC Thread

Been surprised so far with how capable Mackie has been at centre half, was thinking that it was just a case of plugging gaps when he was there against Killie after the mention of defensive injuries in the pre-match interview however I wouldn't have any massive qualms with him playing there more regularly.

Yet to see Coll Donaldson so not saying having him sit on the bench all the time, could very well be the case that Mackie is better at full back also however him being central certainly offers us a different dimension in allowing him to step out from the back and have one of our midfielders drop in to fill the gap left, something Heatherington had been doing a few times especially against Stranraer.

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Been surprised so far with how capable Mackie has been at centre half, was thinking that it was just a case of plugging gaps when he was there against Killie after the mention of defensive injuries in the pre-match interview however I wouldn't have any massive qualms with him playing there more regularly.

Yet to see Coll Donaldson so not saying having him sit on the bench all the time, could very well be the case that Mackie is better at full back also however him being central certainly offers us a different dimension in allowing him to step out from the back and have one of our midfielders drop in to fill the gap left, something Heatherington had been doing a few times especially against Stranraer.

Hadn’t seen any of Mackie at Hibs or Raith but he’s a bloody unit of a boy. Will give us plenty options with even dropping into the left of a back 3. 

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Hadn’t seen any of Mackie at Hibs or Raith but he’s a bloody unit of a boy. Will give us plenty options with even dropping into the left of a back 3. 

And surprisingly nimble for being so robust as well which is a bonus.

49 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

39 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Agree. I think his best position may be on the left of a three because he's maybe a wee bit too short to play as a conventional CH. I'm maybe biased though because I like McCann and also favour a 3-5-2. With the current squad it would make sense to go that way though because, as it stands, Williamson will need to play and I certainly don't want him at RB; would need to be RWB. If we could get someone who could actually defend at RB my opinion could change however.

Given McGlynn seems to clearly favour a 4-2-3-1 and we're rumoured to be after Kai Kennedy I doubt we'll see a 3 at the back this season. That being said we definitely need someone better at defending than Williamson if we're sticking with the 4.

38 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst we're on about ex players Aidan Keena's on 11 goals in 19 games, current top scorer in the league. Seems to have found his hunger for the game again.

Don't think he lost his hunger TBH, or at least he'd have been a hell of a lot hungrier if he'd had folk around him who could actually have fed him! I always said that he looked like a natural goal scorer to me and I don't remember him missing many gilt-edged chances. I'd take him back anytime.

42 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given McGlynn seems to clearly favour a 4-2-3-1 and we're rumoured to be after Kai Kennedy I doubt we'll see a 3 at the back this season. That being said we definitely need someone better at defending than Williamson if we're sticking with the 4.

As I say, it'll depend on who we can bring in. I don't think we have the players to play that formation at the moment, certainly not in defence or up top anyway.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think he lost his hunger TBH, or at least he'd have been a hell of a lot hungrier if he'd had folk around him who could actually have fed him! I always said that he looked like a natural goal scorer to me and I don't remember him missing many gilt-edged chances. I'd take him back anytime.

He was a lazy b*****d and St Pats are welcome to him!

On 04/07/2022 at 20:11, Back Post Misses said:

You should have gone to the meetings and get to know them then. 
Have you joined the FSS? If you do you get a bigger say in the clubs direction and who sits on the Board. You won’t get a better chance. 

It would interesting to know how many of us Falkirk fans on here are actually members of the FSS. How do you start one of those poll things?

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It would interesting to know how many of us Falkirk fans on here are actually members of the FSS. How do you start one of those poll things?

You need to start a new thread to do that, but given it wold be open to the whole forum, and potential skullduggery, I doubt it would be worth much.

I'm a member though, if you are keeping count