The Falkirk FC Thread

You should have gone to the meetings and get to know them then. 
Have you joined the FSS? If you do you get a bigger say in the clubs direction and who sits on the Board. You won’t get a better chance. 

Why do I need them as mates? All I care about is they make the correct decisions.
Note, I AM a member of the FSS, a shareholder and I’ve renewed as a Prime season ticket holder for this season having not done so the last couple of years…..

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Benito Mussolini declared in speeches across fascist Italy: "O con noi o contro di noi"—You're either with us or against us. Seems familiar

Yes the bitch Thatcher used a similar phrase on occasion.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree, I think he'll start with McGinn, Hetherington and Nesbitt in the starting XI. 

Strikers are the clear priority at the moment. In the same way Yeats did well, Gary Oliver gave the impression of a jersey filler and I think will turn out to be a more of a wasted signing than Yeats or Carroll who both have potential. Don't yet see what he's been brought in to do. 

Ugwu seems likely so interesting to see whether we go with young loans or another permanent signing up top.  Sibbald would still be the dream signing though I suspect McGlynn sees Nesbitt and Morrison as providing the creativity. 

With all respect if McGlynn think’s Nesbitt & Morrison are the going to provide the creativity, we’re fcked. 
Morrison has bad attitude in abundance and Nesbitt is a very poor Higginarse.

Would be pretty disappointing for us to spend all summer looking for strikers capable of getting us out this league only to end up with Morton's front two from last year. I don't think Ugwu's a bad player he's definitely a better option than Oliver but he's not exactly a goalscorer.

46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With all respect if McGlynn think’s Nesbitt & Morrison are the going to provide the creativity, we’re fcked. 

Yep- tbh Nesbitt’s one I’d have been looking to move on, I certainly wouldn’t have him as our number 10 for the season.

Fundamentally, there are still zero goals and very little creativity in the squad. Unless those issues are addressed, the playoffs will be a stretch Imo despite the improvements in defence.

Decent goalscorers in L1 are a real rarity. When your are in our situation of desperately in need of two never mind one, you tend to end up with someone from the Championship who scores less than 10 goals in a season, and isn’t considered good enough, or you get someone who has scored less than less (a lot less) than 20 in L2 or even the lowlands league.

Anyone in L2 who scores more than 18 or so tends to get an instant upgrade to the Championship.

However he does it, McGlynn is probably going to have to be seriously inventive and put together a combination that just clicks, and that no-one has considered before.  It isn’t going to be easy, that’s for sure.

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Realistically given our third tier standing who would you suggest we sign that would guarantee us “goals, goals, goals”?

Not my job and as I said one can hope that they can do a McManus and find goals come easy a league below.

If Ugwu is signed, I do feel we need a gamble youthful loan striker to come good, it's obvious we won't be signing a proven goalscorer where we are.

Just researched Ugwu and seen he scored 7 in 9 league starts for Dunfermline in league one in 2014 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Not my job and as I said one can hope that they can do a McManus and find goals come easy a league below.

If Ugwu is signed, I do feel we need a gamble youthful loan striker to come good, it's obvious we won't be signing a proven goalscorer where we are.

Just researched Ugwu and seen he scored 7 in 9 league starts for Dunfermline in league one in 2014 

His goals to games ratio is not too bad TBF 

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Aye he was fine for us in this very league. Only really remembered for grabbing the ball off Michael Moffat to take a penalty and then missing in a game that finished 0-0 until he pitched up at the Rovers a few years later. Should definitely do a job at this level but how many times have people said that in the past 3/4 years. 

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

How ye drawn this conclusion then?

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yep- tbh Nesbitt’s one I’d have been looking to move on, I certainly wouldn’t have him as our number 10 for the season.

Fundamentally, there are still zero goals and very little creativity in the squad. Unless those issues are addressed, the playoffs will be a stretch Imo despite the improvements in defence.

I’m sure it’s been said before, a shites a shite no matter how you dress it up. Unfortunately we’ve assembled a large pile of shite and our only hope is for McGlynn & Smith to pull off some sort of miracle.
Off for an extended break to a country where soccer is played, hoping to see a new RB, one box attacking MF and two CFs in start of our league campaign 💩

Guest Ecosse83

It’s a good thing there is still 3 and a half weeks until the first league game. The way some are talking on here the league kicks off tomorrow! 

Still plenty of time for Mcglynn to do some business

Edited by Ecosse83