The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I dont think it's an attitude to football problem with Morrison tbf. Keeps himself fit and trains well. He just seems to get frustrated on the park, largely due to having to play in our shite team and who can blame him? 

He also needs to actually beat his defender more often; if that's what gets him frustrated, that he loses the ball far too often, far too easily, then I share his frustration.    

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face but Morrison is a far more effective player when he's played as an out and out striker. He doesn't need to worry about his final ball as much, he can run directly at central defenders (who are often big immobile lumps) and he has more chance of getting in behind to good effect. The best we looked last season was when we briefly played Morrison and Dowds up top.

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

pretends to be shocked.

The house of cards Clarke ePOS built looks like it's beginning to crumble. Quick search last week when it was mentioned returns lots of publicity for the company setting up "record sponsorship" deals with various SPFL clubs, Juniors, Lowland league and Women's teams - one could easily be forgiven for thinking they're main business was sponsoring not online transactions!

How they managed to hoodwink so many is an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I dont think it's an attitude to football problem with Morrison tbf. Keeps himself fit and trains well. He just seems to get frustrated on the park, largely due to having to play in our shite team and who can blame him? 

Keep hearing this nonsense too, guy gives 100% every game and looked an absolute force until his injury at the start of the season. Hopefully a pre season under his belt gets him back to his best. If Callum Morrison is playing well, Falkirk seem to play well too. 

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The house of cards Clarke ePOS built looks like it's beginning to crumble. Quick search last week when it was mentioned returns lots of publicity for the company setting up "record sponsorship" deals with various SPFL clubs, Juniors, Lowland league and Women's teams - one could easily be forgiven for thinking they're main business was sponsoring not online transactions!

Owner seems to spend all his time on holiday and at hospitality at the clubs he's pretending to sponsor going by his Facebook page. Getting turned away by livi must be the last straw surely.

Christ it's real slit the wrists stuff on here and the season hasn't started yet. Ugwu and Henderson up top I think would be a decent front two with Oliver able to play in a variety of different positions . Not too bothered about the league cup first game of the league season is when it really counts 

Edited by Jackie Myles

Owner of the company has just taken over at Ardeer Thistle as well.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Owner of the company has just taken over at Ardeer Thistle as well.

I'd be very concerned for the future of that club.

_125741625_peterhead.jpg

I can't be certain but is that Harry Burgoyne playing as trialist for Peterhead in their defeat to Dundee at the weekend [emoji165]

Bit late with this but yes that’s him. He’s changing career and got something to do with Oil and Gas up in Aberdeen so a part time move to Peterhead makes sense. Would have taken him back at Falkirk. Wonder if we could have got him part time playing and a job with Ineos? Anything better than Holt, that’s for sure!

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Bit late with this but yes that’s him. He’s changing career and got something to do with Oil and Gas up in Aberdeen so a part time move to Peterhead makes sense. Would have taken him back at Falkirk. Wonder if we could have got him part time playing and a job with Ineos? Anything better than Holt, that’s for sure!

Have to agree with an earlier reply to this but I now doubt it is him. 

If set up to launder money then moving into sponsorship seems to have only shined a light on it.  Very strange behaviour.  The 'business model' for these type of shell companies must be to eventually go into administration with any money generated squirreled away before then or laundered into the accounts of the criminal fraternity. Not sure how they're benefitting from all these sponsor deals unless they've helped them win some big contracts they have no intention of fulfilling.  Can't see a way this ends other than jailtime.  

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If set up to launder money then moving into sponsorship seems to have only shined a light on it.  Very strange behaviour.  The 'business model' for these type of shell companies must be to eventually go into administration with any money generated squirreled away before then or laundered into the accounts of the criminal fraternity. Not sure how they're benefitting from all these sponsor deals unless they've helped them win some big contracts they have no intention of fulfilling.  Can't see a way this ends other than jailtime.  

Unless it's simply an owner playing Billy big boots and sponsoring all these clubs so that he can wine and dine have fancy holidays and pass himself as a successful business man for a period of time . Mark Campbell comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Believe he’s Ethan Ross cousin so could be a possibility.