The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Said before we need to get the loans and 1 or 2 permanent signings left to come in to be spot on. (Nothing against Yeats n Carroll but you'd hope they are on buttons).  To give us a chance of the playoffs. There's too many of last year's shite left and that will hinder us. We simply have to get out of league 1 this season but the finance isn't there to have a right go at it and by that getting shot of the wage thieves n bringing in better. 

I see that Peterhead are crying out for players - maybe we could come to some sort of arrangement and loan them McKay, Ross, Wilson, Sneddon and Hetherington. Of course, as when every club loans a player to another club playing in the same league the loans must come with a caveat- in our case, we have to insist that Peterhead MUST play them against us!

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I see that Peterhead are crying out for players - maybe we could come to some sort of arrangement and loan them McKay, Ross, Wilson, Sneddon and Hetherington. Of course, as when every club loans a player to another club playing in the same league the loans must come with a caveat- in our case, we have to insist that Peterhead MUST play them against us!

I saw the Peterhead story and these were my thoughts exactly. Even if jettisoning all 5 and Peterhead only paying enough of a % to allow McGlynn one/ two more signings it would still be well worth doing imo 

10 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Some of our fans just sook the willingness to live out of you.

As I have said before looking for us to fail so the previous regime are not shown up too much. 

It’s already been said, chuffed to see a couple of youngsters signing, just hoping it doesn’t impact the budget. Difficult time as every £ is a prisoner and yes we need to look at the future, however still think we need four critical players in. With Yeats on board we’ve got an abundance of midfield players that surely spells the end for at least one or two of the shites still here.

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As I have said before looking for us to fail so the previous regime are not shown up too much. 

Not every post on here is driven by an Alliance system akin to the outbreak of World War One 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Finn Yeats signs for two seasons. Thought he played well against Killie. Very much hoping that we’re offloading some of the current shite.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/07/04/finn-yeats-signs-for-falkirk/

The lad has real potential, no doubt about it. Very pleased that we haven’t dithered, and hopefully he turns into a release that Aberdeen bitterly regret.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think the Kevin McAllister Stand was a very good start in showing up that mob for what they were. Mid December to June enabled the creation of something that the previous mob did everything in their collective brainpower (which thankfully, wasn’t all that great) to block for two years. 
No doubt the club getting itself back on an even keel is something else for them to try and wish away.

Tbf most of us couldn’t give a flying f**k about old board/new board any more. We just want a group of boys on the pitch who’ll show a bit of commitment and fight for the jersey which will mean we can enjoy our Saturday’s a bit more again.

Some of us don’t know anyone on the new board.
That means we remain completely open minded re what they do right and wrong rather than blinkered into believing that they should be immune from criticism.
Just like the incompetents that went before them they will get both barrels when they do wrong.
It’s got NOTHING to do with having a vandetta in most cases such as myself on here….

Edited by roman_bairn

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That means we remain completely open minded re what they do right and wrong rather than blinkered into believing that they should be immune from criticism.
Just like the incompetents that went before them they will get both barrels when they do wrong.
It’s got NOTHING to do with having a vandetta in most cases such as myself on here….

Yep pointscoring can GTF..having said that I had a Bedford rascal...not in the same league as a vandetta

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You should have gone to the meetings and get to know them then. 
Have you joined the FSS? If you do you get a bigger say in the clubs direction and who sits on the Board. You won’t get a better chance. 

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf most of us couldn’t give a flying f**k about old board/new board any more. We just want a group of boys on the pitch who’ll show a bit of commitment and fight for the jersey which will mean we can enjoy our Saturday’s a bit more again.

With respect thats part of the issue. Too many don’t take a real interest in the clubs long term direction. I know that what happens on the pitch drives a lot of what goes on behind the scenes but it absolutely works the other way too. The clubs current predicament proves that. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With respect thats part of the issue. Too many don’t take a real interest in the clubs long term direction. I know that what happens on the pitch drives a lot of what goes on behind the scenes but it absolutely works the other way too. The clubs current predicament proves that. 

Oh I agree we are/were very poorly run however hopefully the new people can turn this around over a period of time.

I just want to enjoy the game again though mate.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Oh I agree we are/were very poorly run however hopefully the new people can turn this around over a period of time.

I just want to enjoy the game again though mate.

I am not arguing with that sentiment. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Before the signing of Yeats we were a stick on to start the season with Hetherington in midfield, his signing was essential. He has also been our best player in both our games so far, he’s far from a waste of a signing. 

Hetherington will absolutely be a starter week 1 and beyond 

54 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Hetherington will absolutely be a starter week 1 and beyond 

I agree, I think he'll start with McGinn, Hetherington and Nesbitt in the starting XI. 

Strikers are the clear priority at the moment. In the same way Yeats did well, Gary Oliver gave the impression of a jersey filler and I think will turn out to be a more of a wasted signing than Yeats or Carroll who both have potential. Don't yet see what he's been brought in to do. 

Ugwu seems likely so interesting to see whether we go with young loans or another permanent signing up top.  Sibbald would still be the dream signing though I suspect McGlynn sees Nesbitt and Morrison as providing the creativity. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn