The Falkirk FC Thread

Pleased with these 2 signings but I hope the cost (small as it may be) hasn’t come out of the first team budget.

We have competitive matches starting on Saturday and there are still gaping holes in the squad all over the pitch. To me we don’t really have the luxury of signing more players who aren’t going to immediately add quality to the starting 11.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pleased with these 2 signings but I hope the cost (small as it may be) hasn’t come out of the first team budget.

We have competitive matches starting on Saturday and there are still gaping holes in the squad all over the pitch. To me we don’t really have the luxury of signing more players who aren’t going to immediately add quality to the starting 11.

I disagree with that, investing in the future is exactly what we should be doing. 

I’ve not had the luxury of seeing the 16 year old but imagine we passed him up and he went on to much better things than Falkirk? There would be an uproar on here. We have got to trust Mcglynn knows what he is doing with his budget! 

Not for me. 
I've been watching him for around a year and in my (admitttedly inexpert) opinion he's a cracking player. He's easily the pick of the bunch that Ian Fergus signed and has as  much potential at his age that Kingsley and Fulton had. Seriously. An
There's no guarantees of course. He might not develop as expected, he might not apply himself, he might be unlucky with injuries. Young players are always a gamble. 
One poster on here who has football connections messaged me some time back to ask about him, saying that all the big clubs were keeping an eye on him. I found out that was true at one game when a guy asked me for teamlines and it turned out he was a Man Utd scout there to see Carroll. 
I rate the guy very highly and would have been raging if we hadn't signed him. 
Now  he has his chance and it's up to him to prove he's worth it. 

1.jpg.90fc5ab0b76a18d7333df767f25f4c58.jpg

That’s all absolutely fair enough and glad it looks like I’m wrong. On the face of it with no background knowledge did seem to be a signing similar to Weekes/Lemon/Williamson but if he’s actually been signed because he’s got something to add and not just to fill a jersey on the bench then all the better.

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I disagree with that, investing in the future is exactly what we should be doing. 

I’ve not had the luxury of seeing the 16 year old but imagine we passed him up and he went on to much better things than Falkirk? There would be an uproar on here. We have got to trust Mcglynn knows what he is doing with his budget! 

The reality is we’re about to start our fourth season in league 1 and with the squad as it stands, we could well be looking at a  fifth.

We’d all love to be looking to the future but to me the here and now with the first team has to be the priority in our predicament and limited budget and the fact is the squad is nowhere near good enough.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

46 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Here’s hoping neither he nor his family read your encouragement Sadder 

45 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Sorry Shadder

44 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Oh I got it wrong again 🤔

Feck me, wooooosh or what?

I was obviously responding sarcastically to the boy who originally made the 'jobber' comment.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The reality is we’re about to start our fourth season in league 1 and with the squad as it stands, we could well be looking at a  fifth.

We’d all love to be looking to the future but to me the here and now with the first team has to be the priority in our predicament and limited budget and the fact is the squad is nowhere near good enough.

Said before we need to get the loans and 1 or 2 permanent signings left to come in to be spot on. (Nothing against Yeats n Carroll but you'd hope they are on buttons).  To give us a chance of the playoffs. There's too many of last year's shite left and that will hinder us. We simply have to get out of league 1 this season but the finance isn't there to have a right go at it and by that getting shot of the wage thieves n bringing in better. 

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do get where you are coming from but we have signed an 18 year old who will be getting plenty of game time and a 16 year old who won’t be on much and from what folk are saying has a real chance in the game. 

I don’t think that’s going to impact our budget that much! We’ve been down here for 4 years and the club needs rebuilt, signing talented boys that can potentially be sold on is a no brainier! 

43 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Fairly certain that Yeats wages will be coming out of the 1st team budget. He looked very good v Killie and, apparently, Stranraer (wasn't there) so he'll definitely be a 1st team squad player. I wouldn't think he'll be on much either so may just be a very smart move by McGlynn.