The Falkirk FC Thread

OMG I feel ancient. Yeats looks about 12.  Happy he's signed up though, fingers crossed he can build on his Killie showing against the rest of L1.  Not going to be the dominant physical presence we need though, so needs plenty support - on the pitch, and from the stands..  Good luck to the lad. 

7 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Yeats can and has previously played at right back also which gives us options and flexibility 

I was sceptical about that after his first game against Killie but in the Stranraer game there was a fair few times he covered in that position when Williamson had went walkabouts. 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I was sceptical about that after his first game against Killie but in the Stranraer game there was a fair few times he covered in that position when Williamson had went walkabouts. 

Williamson will get injured at some point, that's a given. Possibly in the warmup.

Just now, Bigbri Bairn said:
8 minutes ago, Rugster said:
He looks absolutely delighted.

Think he was coached by Dowds

This young boy is a class act as I’ve watched him a few times play against my grandson at boys club level - as Manager indicated he has a wand of a left foot & whilst slight of frame could be a new Craig Sibbald if ge fulfills his potential- watch this space 🤔

18 minutes ago, Russ said:

Your jobber signed to pad the squad out more than likely.

Not for me. 

I've been watching him for around a year and in my (admitttedly inexpert) opinion he's a cracking player. He's easily the pick of the bunch that Ian Fergus signed and has as  much potential at his age that Kingsley and Fulton had. Seriously. An

There's no guarantees of course. He might not develop as expected, he might not apply himself, he might be unlucky with injuries. Young players are always a gamble. 

One poster on here who has football connections messaged me some time back to ask about him, saying that all the big clubs were keeping an eye on him. I found out that was true at one game when a guy asked me for teamlines and it turned out he was a Man Utd scout there to see Carroll. 

I rate the guy very highly and would have been raging if we hadn't signed him. 

Now  he has his chance and it's up to him to prove he's worth it. 

1.jpg

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
Pic added.

Guest Ecosse83

Never seen the young lad but sounds a good prospect, hopefully he can get some game time from the bench in the coming season. 

26 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

That’s a look from the Conor Samson School of Facial Expressions

Conor Samson the biblical footballer who lost his strength when delilah cut his hair off 🙂

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not for me. 

I've been watching him for around a year and in my (admitttedly inexpert) opinion he's a cracking player. He's easily the pick of the bunch that Ian Fergus signed and has as  much potential at his age that Kingsley and Fulton had. Seriously. An

There's no guarantees of course. He might not develop as expected, he might not apply himself, he might be unlucky with injuries. Young players are always a gamble. 

One poster on here who has football connections messaged me some time back to ask about him, saying that all the big clubs were keeping an eye on him. I found out that was true at one game when a guy asked me for teamlines and it turned out he was a Man Utd scout there to see Carroll. 

I rate the guy very highly and would have been raging if we hadn't signed him. 

Now  he has his chance and it's up to him to prove he's worth it. 

1.jpg

Aye, that's all very well, but he'll obviously be some young jobber signed to pad the squad out!!