The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.  

By any chance was there a big black guy up front?

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.  

My comments regarding Nesbitt not scoring or creating goals is really coming back to haunt me, but I’m glad it is. 

46 minutes ago, Rocco said:

My comments regarding Nesbitt not scoring or creating goals is really coming back to haunt me, but I’m glad it is. 

Tbf out of all the dross that’s been left behind, at least Nesbitt showed something at some point. Granted from October until the end of the season he looked like he couldn’t work his legs but if he can get back to his August/September form then I’m sure we’d all take that.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off topic but noticed at Kevin’s game the number of advertising boards removed, didn’t count but seemed to be an enormous amount removed. I’m assuming that these businesses were getting a free pass for the past few seasons?

Correctamundo. Not all, but most.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Part of me is dreading Finn Yeats signing, can't be doing with folk getting his name wrong left right and centre by calling him Yates or we've even had Yeates.

I am sure if signed, John McGinn will make sure people spell FY’s name correctly.

34 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Tbf out of all the dross that’s been left behind, at least Nesbitt showed something at some point. Granted from October until the end of the season he looked like he couldn’t work his legs but if he can get back to his August/September form then I’m sure we’d all take that.

True, but looking at the Killie game, we weren’t beaten by a better standard of football, we were beaten by silly errors and the physicality of the opposition.

We desperately need a bit of physical presence in midfield, up front, and at RB too.

Nesbitt is a bit of a sand dancer he seems to take the ball try n do a few bits n bobs but most of the time the end product is  nothing. He's not good enough nor is McGuffie, Hetherington, Williamson or any of the rest of last season's protagonists. And that regardless of other personell is why we won't be anywhere near it.  They simply have to be shifted but it looks like it may take another season to do it.  I can't wait to see the back of the lot of them not just for their lack of ability, their lack of giving two fucks last season and they are still stealing a wage. 

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

True, but looking at the Killie game, we weren’t beaten by a better standard of football, we were beaten by silly errors and the physicality of the opposition.

We desperately need a bit of physical presence in midfield, up front, and at RB too.

I have no doubt we are short of quality and physicality. I expect at least another 4 additions tho so hopefully that is addressed 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I have no doubt we are short of quality and physicality. I expect at least another 4 additions tho so hopefully that is addressed 👍🏻

Yeah, the time for writing this season off is if 4 (min) transfers either don't happen, or do and look woefully inadequate. For me, one of the main selling points of McGlynn was an expectation that he would be much shrewder in both identifying the shortcomings we have, and actually getting deals and loans capable of filling them. If we start the season with Gary Oliver as the only forward worth the name and a powderpuff midfield, i'll criticise him, but we're nowhere near that. We're really just approaching the time where one might expect him to start showing these qualities. 

And whilst I dont think we should write off the League Cup by any means, it will only be come start of the league that genuine worry will kick on for me

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off topic but noticed at Kevin’s game the number of advertising boards removed, didn’t count but seemed to be an enormous amount removed. I’m assuming that these businesses were getting a free pass for the past few seasons?

Not sure if it was a few seasons but by the sounds of it, at least last season.  Which is bad enough.  

Great to see the new commercial team in place. Good luck to them all as we need this to be a money spinner like we know it can be.  And managed properly.  

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Been given names of a couple of strikers coming in on loan,not sure on the quailty of the source though.

Brian Graham and Euan Henderson.

Would take both in a heartbeat. Those 2 up front, Sibbs in behind and a roaming right back and we pish the league 😂💪🏼

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Been given names of a couple of strikers coming in on loan,not sure on the quailty of the source though.

Brian Graham and Euan Henderson.

Considering this was posted a day ago on the Facebook group that somehow manages to be even worse than COYB, I’d take it with a massive pinch of salt. 

21946AC1-736A-4B6C-B7FE-2B7E0F1CFFEB.jpeg