The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

Absolutely, the point I’m making is I’m seeing comments across different platforms, because of season tickets sales, saying we now need to push the boat out.

There is a long way to go before that can happen imo.

Guest Brockvillenomore
11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

The message, as I understand it, was the budget was based on last seasons ST sales and PATG numbers so we're presently at that level, or a bit below it? Not sure tbh. There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. There's a £400k additional revenue in the budget over last year, from advertising, merchandise, 50:50 tickets etc etc bringing it just back to pre COVID levels.  The squad JMcG and PS inherited must account for 60% to 65% of the playing budget so there is much work to do I think. 

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

He'd have been on nearer 1500 a week which is obviously part of the reason Martindale let him leave. He'd have been on closer to 1000 at us back in the day I imagine and you lot beat a few other clubs for his signature.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If we improve on pitch performance it'll increase revenue as well extra fans through the gate, televised cup ties and prize money. That would also shift extra merchandise and make us more attractive to sponsors.

I appreciate thats not a groundbreaking new concept and everyone wants us to improve, but I think we can speculate to accumulate a bit without risking the financial future of the club. I know you're not saying otherwise but your post mentioned revenue streams so thought I'd piggyback off it.

I would also say I'm not advocating just signing any old dross in a panic and would rather we waited for a better player than sign another Jaime Wilson.

My understanding is trialists can't play in the League Cup so I'm guessing it's stick or twist time on Yates this week. My own view having seen him once and hearing from pals who were at the Stranraer game is he's worth a go as a young player with potential but I'd hope we're not relying on him as a starter, at least initially. Good find though since I'd never heard of him until his name popped up on here about 25 mins into the Killie game.

Absolutely, the point I’m making is I’m seeing comments across different platforms, because of season tickets sales, saying we now need to push the boat out.
There is a long way to go before that can happen imo.

Without wishing to simplify things to fair, mainly cos I know f**k about football clubs finances, surely any talk about things being tight would have included, aswell as the situation at the bank at that time, financial forecasts made on best guesses about future cash flow... ie they would have budgeted for x number of ticket sales. If we have exceeded that then it surely loosens things off a bit?

We can't afford to be reckless for sure, but theres other potential outcomes we can afford even less if we don't give McGlynn the absolute maximum budget we can.

5 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. 

I know with FSS you're paying for fan ownership as a concept etc etc but even at a tenner a month you're asking fans to pay another 50% into the club on top of their season ticket. 25% of season ticket holders doing so isn't a terrible number imo.

It's a tough one because I don't think you'll see that number drastically increase until performances improve on the park, but you need the membership numbers and finance from FSS even more when the team is worse. I'm not sure how you get around that other than word of mouth to try and get existing members to encourage their friends and family to sign up.

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The message, as I understand it, was the budget was based on last seasons ST sales and PATG numbers so we're presently at that level, or a bit below it? Not sure tbh. There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. There's a £400k additional revenue in the budget over last year, from advertising, merchandise, 50:50 tickets etc etc bringing it just back to pre COVID levels.  The squad JMcG and PS inherited must account for 60% to 65% of the playing budget so there is much work to do I think. 

I really hope that the board didn't sit down at the end of last season and make the assumption for budgetary purposes that season ticket sales would be the same as last season, given the state the world is in, and the absolute fucking embarrassment we were on the pitch. 

Speaking for myself, iv got what I wanted for a while. A new board, fan representation and as a wee bonus, a football manager, but assuming fan numbers would hold up in those circumstances seems a bit off to me. Not everyone looks that far beyond the product on the park. 

Also, re the FSS numbers, I suppose you have to bear in mind that 25% of season ticket holders is probably more than it seems... I mean, I'm a member of FSS but theres two ST'S in my house, one belongs to a child. 

There will be many hundreds of instances where a household has more than 1 ST but are represented 1 FSS member 

57 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I know with FSS you're paying for fan ownership as a concept etc etc but even at a tenner a month you're asking fans to pay another 50% into the club on top of their season ticket. 25% of season ticket holders doing so isn't a terrible number imo.

It's a tough one because I don't think you'll see that number drastically increase until performances improve on the park, but you need the membership numbers and finance from FSS even more when the team is worse. I'm not sure how you get around that other than word of mouth to try and get existing members to encourage their friends and family to sign up.

The thing is we all know we are a loyal support and everybody will dip into their pockets if needed like the provisional liquidation time, few else have done what we have done under those circumstances.

I just wish we could get the FSS numbers up to what Morton and St Mirren have accomplished as that can make a real difference and give us a bit of breathing space I guess around finances.

It’s tight for everyone just now as well as the club so it’s a tough thing to achieve though.

39 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Nothing but respect for what they’re doing, but I think there be a £5 tier for FSS, especially when times are tough financially.

This has been suggested as part of a review. Junior memberships also being looked at & we will discuss with Sarah & the JBs too. 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Somebody even called him Dane Yeats.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Somebody even called him Dane Yeats.

Nor way!?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any idea of the scorers? Courier's done a lovely wee article on it but only mentioned who scored for Dundee United.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3454743/mathew-cujdoe-rory-macleod-dundee-united-falkirk-bounce-game/

This was Falkirk's third game but only DU's first... it was mostly a fitness exercise for united... they had a youthful look (after making loads of substitutions!)...

Any more feeble excuses you want to add to that, D.C.?

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any idea of the scorers? Courier's done a lovely wee article on it but only mentioned who scored for Dundee United.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3454743/mathew-cujdoe-rory-macleod-dundee-united-falkirk-bounce-game/

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.