The Falkirk FC Thread

5 competent signings (even if 3-4 of them are loans) in the right positions and we may still have a good season. Probably 3 strikers, a creative midfielder and a utility-type player that can play RB & midfield would be the priorities for me 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The only thing I will say is that Rennie was a diddy who was miles out of his depth, whereas John McGlynn is a football manager.

The greatest football manager whoever lived couldn't get Wilson to score goals tho.

He may squeeze a bit more out of some of last season's dross but I can't see it being a water to wine miracle

14 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

God's 1st few games for us were frankly poor but i remember standing on the terrace at Rugby Park screaming CROSS IT CROSS IT,then going or scoring is good as well🙈

I said similar with Latapy at St Johnstone. The play was down the opposite end and he's beaten a couple of defenders then taking his time over his next move. I'm screaming cut it back cut it back. He then smashes it in the roof of the net 🤣

I think that was the game we won 3-0 or 3-1, Pedro scored and Kevin Cuthbert had to be stretchered off after a knee in the head from his own teammate

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe he hasn’t accepted our offer?

There is that possibility as by playing reasonably well in the 2 games so far, he could have alerted other club therefore may have alternative offers. 

Of the talk of new signings, McGlynn took Raith to the 1/4 finals of the league cup last season which shows he takes the tournament seriously so I’d expect he’ll want the majority of his squad in place by the time we kick off vs Morton.

My personal main concerns with the squad are no striker who’ll score more than 10, an awful right back and the lack of a creative midfield player.

We also however cannot spend money we don’t have to fix all these issues in one window.

Two season tickets bought after a year away. Pledged I wouldn’t go back when Deans and Holt were still at the club. Not going to pretend like everything is perfect but we’ve got a new board, a proper football manager who knows what he’s doing and fans unbelievably sticking by the club in unreal numbers. COYB xxx

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I still think the rest of last season's gang dont deserve to wear a Falkirk strip ever again for downing tools and not trying a leg from about September onwards. 

McGlynn does not have that option and they will be playing.

Have my doubts about them like everybody else under performed.

Why? Two poor management teams, Morale rock bottom, Motivation nil. All resulted in the crowd getting on their backs.

They will be playing so slanging them off and condemning them before a ball is kicked is self-defeating.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McGlynn does not have that option and they will be playing.

Have my doubts about them like everybody else under performed.

Why? Two poor management teams, Morale rock bottom, Motivation nil. All resulted in the crowd getting on their backs.

They will be playing so slanging them off and condemning them before a ball is kicked is self-defeating.

It doesn't excuse not putting a shift in. Even Dixon said in the paper they chucked it in September. That's a disgrace.