The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Given the talk of limited budget and the fact McGlynn has favoured a 4-2-3-1 so far, the team below might not be a million miles away from how we start the season. Where do we think the following team would finish?                           
                                     PJ

Williamson Henderson Donaldson Mackie 

McGinn  Yeates/Hetherington

Morrison      Oliver       McGuffie

Cameron

For me, an upgrade on Williamson, McGuffie and Hetherington (if we don’t sign Yeates) and signing someone like Henderson over Cameron gives us a chance. Surely that’s not inconceivable?

Fourth at the very best. Morrison is a liability and liable to spit the dummy, McGuffie and Hetherington 🙄 Oliver I think is one of those that will be a meh player, Williamson is just not the answer at right back he's very poor. I assume you mean Innes Cameron up front, won't get double figures.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hetherington was on the whole an abomination last season but if, and I stress if, he regains some footballing ability I would have no problem with the manager playing him.

As I posted a couple of weeks back new season new start and we really need at least a couple of last year’s failures to discover some form.

If Hetherington's a starter we're going to be in trouble, even against Stranraer all he was good for was giving away cheap fouls.

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Fourth at the very best. Morrison is a liability and liable to spit the dummy, McGuffie and Hetherington 🙄 Oliver I think is one of those that will be a meh player, Williamson is just not the answer at right back he's very poor. I assume you mean Innes Cameron up front, won't get double figures.

Yeah I included Innes Cameron as he’s the only name that’s really been mentioned but as I said I’d much rather sign Henderson or someone.

Seems we are on a similar page in regards to Williamson, Hetherington, McGuffie…

What I would say is that 4 good additions turns that team into genuine contenders. Do we stick or twist?

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If Hetherington's a starter we're going to be in trouble, even against Stranraer all he was good for was giving away cheap fouls.

If someone who’s supposed to be winning the ball back and giving to the more attacking players isn’t giving away some fouls in the process were in trouble. 

5 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Very carrot coloured...

E343A003-1FBC-4ED5-B143-42A5772338C9.jpeg

God that seems so very very red, not like us at all. Think they could have broken it up with white socks but instead we have a huge white carrot to do that.

I don't like it.  

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Yeah I included Innes Cameron as he’s the only name that’s really been mentioned but as I said I’d much rather sign Henderson or someone.

Seems we are on a similar page in regards to Williamson, Hetherington, McGuffie…

What I would say is that 4 good additions turns that team into genuine contenders. Do we stick or twist?

I think we'd like to twist more it's the stick that's the problem. They won't be budged. And that ultimately will be why despite any slight improvement I think we will be in league 1 again next season come the end game. And it's something we can ill afford. 

McGlynn has more or less confirmed that further recruitment is at best a couple and then some loan(s)

As many have said we’re desperately short up front and from the Stranraer report, our second 45 was business as usual - shite.

I seriously question if McGlynn can get a song out of the usual named culprits, therefore unless he can identify at least one box to box midfielder, and two decent CFs it’s going to be the same shitefest.

Only real hope is that the bods statement on the budget is hopefully being played down, and if we can reach anywhere near the numbers (2300) from last season, McGlynn gets an additional one or two heads in. 
Here’s bloody hoping………

We need bodies in. Surely the club knows that and the noises are just trying to manage expectation a bit.

The other side is that even if there is money there, getting the right sort of quality in given our position won’t be easy.

We are miles off it currently.

9 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think we'd like to twist more it's the stick that's the problem. They won't be budged. And that ultimately will be why despite any slight improvement I think we will be in league 1 again next season come the end game. And it's something we can ill afford. 

I’m not so sure on that. I fully expect to see at least 4 new faces arrive. Obviously the quality of those additions will be key but 4 good signings puts us in the mix IMO. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Hetherington was on the whole an abomination last season but if, and I stress if, he regains some footballing ability I would have no problem with the manager playing him.

As I posted a couple of weeks back new season new start and we really need at least a couple of last year’s failures to discover some form.

These players had the same trigger when Rennie came in, McKay, Hetherington, Wilson etc and still were gash. 

I gave the full squad clean slate for Rennie and the usual suspects were still terrible 

3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Im not a fan off all one colour kits,.Swap the shorts on both kits, Blue tops and Red shorts not traditional, but if it was good enough for the Hurricanes, then good enough for us.

We are maybe saving cash on the washing, socks shorts and tops one wash together 😶😶

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

These players had the same trigger when Rennie came in, McKay, Hetherington, Wilson etc and still were gash. 

I gave the full squad clean slate for Rennie and the usual suspects were still terrible 

We are maybe saving cash on the washing, socks shorts and tops one wash together 😶😶

The only thing I will say is that Rennie was a diddy who was miles out of his depth, whereas John McGlynn is a football manager.

Aye, it's been a quiet spell of late but I expect Yeats to be signed, another 1 maybe 2 on top and at least 2 loans which we all know tend to come later.

No cause for panic yet. Regardless of the balance of permanent/loan, I'd imagine one way or another there will hopefully be 5 new faces in. That will completely chance the face of the team and make or break us.

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hoping it's just an issue with my online banking but I seem to have 2 payments taken for my season ticket. The payments are pending on my online banking but the moneys been taken. 

anyone else got this? 

I noticed this too along with the tickets for the game against Stranraer. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hoping it's just an issue with my online banking but I seem to have 2 payments taken for my season ticket. The payments are pending on my online banking but the moneys been taken. 

anyone else got this? 

I

is that the reason your season ticket sales are so good,   that old trick think you are buying one , but paying for 2.....    200.gif