The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Appreciate our ticket sales tower over other clubs in the division, but I’m not sure I’m ready to celebrate success in selling less than 2000 so far. The bulk of tickets will be bought before the early bird deadline.
It’s not bad but I don’t think we are running at the levels seen when we were a Championship club. That’s down to poor performance in recent years of course.
Get to Championship sales levels and I’d recognise the achievement….

Pretty sure a decade ago under Pressley we were sitting somewhere under 1800 despite being a top 3 championship team.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Appreciate our ticket sales tower over other clubs in the division, but I’m not sure I’m ready to celebrate success in selling less than 2000 so far. The bulk of tickets will be bought before the early bird deadline.
It’s not bad but I don’t think we are running at the levels seen when we were a Championship club. That’s down to poor performance in recent years of course.

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm pretty sure Dunfermline will have sales around or even more than us! Fair enough with the rest of the league though. 

Ticket sales in a cost of living crisis that's only getting worse and considering the last few seasons especially last season and sales are really quite incredible 

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I reckon Mcglynn will improve one of the disappointments from last season, obviously a few are beyond helping but the likes of Nesbitt will be better. 

I reckon McKay will surprise some this season!

There will be more organisation of the full team this season under McGlynn and that will help the likes of McKay and others. 

I think we will finish top four this season but we need a few double sixes thrown with new players that come in to challenge for the title.

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Expecting ST sales to be at our championship levels is surely a bit unrealistic when we are currently a mid table league one side. We had 2700 season ticket holders the season we went down, getting any where near that is remarkable IMO. Particularly considering the dross of the last 3 seasons and the country being in the middle of a cost of living crisis. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Is this an old programme that has only just been uploaded to YouTube? They are talking about the Raith Rovers job being available and talking about Jim McIntyre not working when he's just got the Cove job.

Anyhoo, Holt comes across as the same arrogant and self-deluded w*nker that he always is.

Who is it that Ian Mccall has at Sevco in order for him to have his pick of their youth team year after year?

Cole McKinnon is set to join Partick Thistle on loan from Rangers, according to The Athletic.

He signed a new three-year deal at Ibrox this week and will head out on loan for experiece.

Zak Rudden, Lewis Mayo, Jamie Barjonas, Rhys Breen, Kieran Wright, Adam Devine, Jake Hastie, Aaron Cervantes, Juan Alegria and reserve goalkeeper Andy Firth have all joined the Jags from Rangers under Ian McCall's Rangers watch.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Who is it that Ian Mccall has at Sevco in order for him to have his pick of their youth team year after year?

Cole McKinnon is set to join Partick Thistle on loan from Rangers, according to The Athletic.

He signed a new three-year deal at Ibrox this week and will head out on loan for experiece.

Zak Rudden, Lewis Mayo, Jamie Barjonas, Rhys Breen, Kieran Wright, Adam Devine, Jake Hastie, Aaron Cervantes, Juan Alegria and reserve goalkeeper Andy Firth have all joined the Jags from Rangers under Ian McCall's Rangers watch.

I've noticed the Partick / Rangers connection too; unsure of the real reason behind this.

You'd think we'd have some sort of relationship with Rangers through Ross Wilson...

9 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I've noticed the Partick / Rangers connection too; unsure of the real reason behind this.

You'd think we'd have some sort of relationship with Rangers through Ross Wilson...

Partick train on the park next to where the Rangers youths train. They share the same facilities as well hence the link up. 

With them being a league above will also sway it.

29 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

For his previous (ties and love) for the club, totally agree. McCall being an ex player will be significant, they look after their own springs to mind. 

You sure he is? Pretty sure he's still under contract at Raith. He played for them in the friendly last night 

Yeah like Trump said he’s come on as a sub in both our friendlies so far and he’s ran the show both times. He was a bit tired on Tuesday with it being his 3rd game in 5 days.

I expect he’ll be used to model the away top if it gets released tomorrow.