The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The core problem is that we’ve signed a core of players that are simply utter shite, and still contracted for this season. McGlynn would be a miracle worker if he gets a song out of them. Just maybe Hetherington Nisbett McGuffie Morrison will somehow perform better but that’s about it. Williamson McCann are dross but with his early signings we should be ok defensively. For me we still need at least one box to box midfielder and two decent CFs. Failure to get these in will see us in this division next season. 

Fair analysis but I think we WILL bring in some decent loan signings.

Regarding getting some of the contracted players to move on we need to give McGlynn more time.

Too much panicking I think.

Guest Ecosse83

I reckon Mcglynn will improve one of the disappointments from last season, obviously a few are beyond helping but the likes of Nesbitt will be better. 

I reckon McKay will surprise some this season!

A bit worried about relying heavily on the loan market.

Highlights the importance or getting through the League Cup group, or more FSS donations.
A well used loan market could this season,, and should have been in previous seasons, the thing to elevate an otherwise middling squad, to league winning levels.

Far from fearing the loan market, we should be hoping that finally having a decent manager in place means we finally get near the potential of said market

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fair analysis but I think we WILL bring in some decent loan signings.

Regarding getting some of the contracted players to move on we need to give McGlynn more time.

Too much panicking I think.

I'm quite happy to say I'm panicking, our options upfront are currently Gary Oliver, Finlay Malcolm and Jaime Wilson with one week until our first competitive game. We're also one McGinn injury away from being absolutely humped in the middle of the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

Does anyone know why Ethan Ross has been on trial with us if McGlynn worked with him at Raith last season? 

Think he’s got a few options. Rather than saying publicly ‘we’ve got Ethan Ross playing friendlies’ if you say he’s a trialist, it limits the publicity and a team in a higher league taking him. Looking hopeful that this will be concluded this week.
You sure he is? Pretty sure he's still under contract at Raith. He played for them in the friendly last night 

Not sure what his contract situation is but he’s definitely played for us in the last two friendlies.

26 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

You sure he is? Pretty sure he's still under contract at Raith. He played for them in the friendly last night 

No I'm not sure, I'm just going by what a lot of folk are saying on here. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

The core problem is that we’ve signed a core of players that are simply utter shite, and still contracted for this season. McGlynn would be a miracle worker if he gets a song out of them. Just maybe Hetherington Nisbett McGuffie Morrison will somehow perform better but that’s about it. Williamson McCann are dross but with his early signings we should be ok defensively. For me we still need at least one box to box midfielder and two decent CFs. Failure to get these in will see us in this division next season. 

The contracted player were managed by utter dross last season that's beyond dispute. That must have affected their performance levels and attitude. So hopefully we see the improvement the manager is obviously betting on. You never know there might be a positional change here and there that could work.

Agree with you regarding the style of player we need - here's hoping.

I think giving last season’s players any concessions by placing the blame on the various managers is disingenuous to the managers to be honest.
The truth is that too many players either were not good enough or lacked the commitment needed. That can’t be simply deflected onto the managers that acquired them…..

Edited by roman_bairn

Guest FFC1965

1957 Sts sold is amazing.  Id have expected the club to have budgeted for around 1500 so surely to goodness the STs sales are now in a place where it can fund a couple of extra players.  

image.png.c70e615180a808c161db55616d53869c.png

Appreciate our ticket sales tower over other clubs in the division, but I’m not sure I’m ready to celebrate success in selling less than 2000 so far. The bulk of tickets will be bought before the early bird deadline.
It’s not bad but I don’t think we are running at the levels seen when we were a Championship club. That’s down to poor performance in recent years of course.
Get to Championship sales levels and I’d recognise the achievement….