The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sit tight, take the money, then go out on loan to a part-time club at the end of August. Best of both worlds.

That's assuming he can find a part time team to take him. He scored 1 goal in 10 games for Elgin on loan last year so I doubt they'll be queuing up.

Also even if he did go out on loan we'd still have him training full time with us at the same time, not exactly going to give him all the time off he wants to start a full time job whilst we're paying him his contract all year.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The last time we signed a trialist who turned out well was Lee Miller in 2015. Before him probably Rory Loy in 2013 or Lyle Taylor and Luke Leahy in 2012. 

If you're sniffing about our cast-offs you're in trouble. 

Will Vaulks was also on trial

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Will Vaulks was also on trial

True. I forgot about him as I was looking at the stats for pre-season but he arrived in February 2013 so it was just as long ago as the others. 

We haven't had much luck with trialist finds for a very long time. 

52 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

See I was thinking about this last night and he's bound to know that's his career's done in football so surely at 25 you've got to think about having to forge a career for yourself outside of football so do you really want to just waste your time for another year knowing fine well you're the laughing stock of the club and you've not got a sniff of playing.

That's assuming we offer him some sort of pay off right enough.

Problem with this is you have absolutely no idea of his level of intelligence or potential skill set.

He may well be the dressing room Trigger and would be struggling to get a job above minimum wage far less a well paying career.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah when folk talk about players sitting tight and taking the money, I'm not sure that applies at a Jaime Wilson level.

Does he really want to sit playing no football for a year, but unable to go and seek the beginnings of a career that will last the rest of his days on likely better money.

What he can do is take the money for a year and still enrol himself into some sort of night class so he can find another job when his contract expires. In fact, he might be able to enrol himself in some afternoon classes and get himself out there as a personal trainer.

Guest Ecosse83

Another 2 tickets bought, my first for 5 or 6 seasons and my 5 year olds first ticket, he’s super excited 😂 poor lad doesn’t have a clue!  😆

21 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

I do and young Mr Wilson is well educated and has a skill set greater than you think or know. 

What I would say is as a young guy growing up in and around the world of football with ICT for approx 10 yrs before John Robertson and the board disillusioned the youngsters by calling them all in on a Thursday and terminated all their contracts and disbanded their youth teams due to the lack of money on the Friday. You have a young guy who will be one of he fittest and most enthusiastic players you have ..... he may not be he best or the most skilful but what other young football player would say no to a 2yr contract with a team like Falkirk, not his fault but the fault of your previous managers so why not sit for the coming year getting paid a full time wage for keeping fit and running about training with some quality players whom he may learn something from. Most young boys dream was to play fulltime football so what you have is a young guy living his dream, so who can blame him. If any of you knew the difficulties and adversary this guy has come through to get to this stage you just might eat humble pie and take your hat off to a young guy just living his dream and yes it may upset some of you that he is doing this and takjng a wage but when you can put the same amount of effort he puts in then maybe you can criticise. 

Bit weird calling your son Mr Wilson but cool. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

What does my c**t in is those calling for the Board to give McGlynn more cash on here and on the clubs Facebook page were big supporters of the previous regime who spunked most of the cash on the shite we have on the books. 

With all due respect, the reality is that the squad simply isn’t good enough as it stands and we will be in league 1 for a fifth season unless more quality is brought in. 

That is the choice the board have- the heads in the sand approach of pretending Mcglynn will be able to get something out of players who contributed nothing last season won’t work.